(Topic ID: 254159)

Does Led Zeppelin deserve a speculation thread?

By ThisNotes4U

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95D8F82C-F2E6-469B-9A8A-89A3BD153DCF.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    170px-JimmyPage2 (resized).jpg
    Unknown1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    30C086B9-CF3D-4DF3-829D-9A0F8F97FB6B (resized).jpeg
    23076077-5146-41C9-80F8-B706BCAB5EED (resized).png
    824487D7-06B5-4473-BFB8-2BEF0AA4FBFB.png
    9f3451bccc31b1622662e5918f0b71c3801a48ee.gif.gif
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Not that many bands that you can listen to their entire catalog of albums front to back. They certainly ROCK! Led Zeppelin is incredible and certainly are welcome to the pinball world. I'm sure everyone will have their favorites but these are some of my picks:

Songs that I would love to see them incorporate:

"Good Times Bad Times" - who cares if you have a drain fest or long ball time it's pinball.
    "Dazed & Confused" when entering settings / generic during game play
    "Communication Breakdown" when the game has a credit dot or you can't connect to wifi for an update.
    "Ramble On" - Lots of LOTR Stern references gotta include this one
    "Immigrant Song" - Song just pumps me up
    "Friends" comes on if you start a 3 or 4 player game automatically each time.
    "Celebration Day" comes on if you make it to the High Score table
    "Black Dog" Game Play Song because of the pinside Dogs are awesome thread
    "Rock & Roll" Because not only are Cadillacs cool but also Pinball.
    "Stair Way to Heaven" - Because when you go down your basement steps isn't that where we all are ?
    "Houses of The Holy" - Can I make your pinball garden grow.... you sure can Mr. Plant.... you know......
    "Kashmir" - I simply can't see this not making the cut
    "In The Evening" - That's when I mostly play pinball
    "Fool In The Rain" - Well there's an LED that keeps shinnnning.... I hate to think I've been blinded babyyyy
    "The Song Remains The Same" - Singggg along when you play pinball, every low scoreee hassss to growwwwww
    "Over The Hills and Far Away" - Ohh, Led Zeppelin pinball you've got so much, so much, so much
    "D'yer Mak'er" - When the game is over you don't realllllly hafta go......Unless you have ... " No Quarters"

#52 4 years ago

I'd like to see some kind of "How Many More Times" Got you in the sights of my ... toy.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

I started listening to Led Zeppelin IV and burnt myself out on that album. Started listening to the other albums..landed on II. I still love that album! I was a music major in college and played bass trombone, learned the bas line to Ramble On and played it all the time. I look forward to seeing and playing this pin!!

Man, IV and II are classics!!!..Some great tracks that blended style w odd meter on occasion. One of my all time favorite bands.

Have no idea if I'd buy the pin, but as a band theme, a lot lesser groups got machines made.

#54 4 years ago

I’d be VERY interested in this.

Signed,

A 35 year old.

Keep pumping out good themes stern. I bet stranger things is after this. Haha.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Not that many bands that you can listen to their entire catalog of albums front to back. They certainly ROCK! Led Zeppelin is incredible and certainly are welcome to the pinball world. I'm sure everyone will have their favorites but these are some of my picks:
    Songs that I would love to see them incorporate:
    "Good Times Bad Times" - who cares if you have a drain fest or long ball time it's pinball.
    "Dazed & Confused" when entering settings / generic during game play
    "Communication Breakdown" when the game has a credit dot or you can't connect to wifi for an update.
    "Ramble On" - Lots of LOTR Stern references gotta include this one
    "Immigrant Song" - Song just pumps me up
    "Friends" comes on if you start a 3 or 4 player game automatically each time.
    "Celebration Day" comes on if you make it to the High Score table
    "Black Dog" Game Play Song because of the pinside Dogs are awesome thread
    "Rock & Roll" Because not only are Cadillacs cool but also Pinball.
    "Stair Way to Heaven" - Because when you go down your basement steps isn't that where we all are ?
    "Houses of The Holy" - Can I make your pinball garden grow.... you sure can Mr. Plant.... you know......
    "Kashmir" - I simply can't see this not making the cut
    "In The Evening" - That's when I mostly play pinball
    "Fool In The Rain" - Well there's an LED that keeps shinnnning.... I hate to think I've been blinded babyyyy
    "The Song Remains The Same" - Singggg along when you play pinball, every low scoreee hassss to growwwwww
    "Over The Hills and Far Away" - Ohh, Led Zeppelin pinball you've got so much, so much, so much
    "D'yer Mak'er" - When the game is over you don't realllllly hafta go......Unless you have ... " No Quarters"

"Heartbreaker", "Lemon Song"...List goes on and on....Great band

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:I bet stranger things is after this.

Now you are making Led Zeppelin sound not so bad.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now you are making Led Zeppelin sound not so bad.

Cant wait......

170px-JimmyPage2 (resized).jpg170px-JimmyPage2 (resized).jpg
    #58 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to see some kind of "How Many More Times" Got you in the sights of my guuuuuuunnnnnn... toy.

Bonzo!! I could watch him play drums all night, like a herd of elephants running your way.

#59 4 years ago

I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret. Well it wasn't much of a secret.

It's easy to thumb through albums or hear songs on the radio and say "Yeah those are good ones".

But in the summer of 1976 one particular song was an anthem. We would hang out at the beach and one dude with a beachfront house would put huge speakers out on his patio pointed out and played it so loud, we could even hear it while out surfing.

#60 4 years ago

Led Zeppelin Pinball? Only if they do it in the same fashion that they built their career....i.e. rip off another layout to a tee and call it their own

#61 4 years ago

My favorite zep track

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

My favorite zip track

Cuts so deep on vinyl.

#63 4 years ago

AC/DC is still one of my favorites
    It could be a kick ass pin ! Hopefully not another Rolling Stones that was a TURD !

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

AC/DC is still one of my favorites
    It could be a kick ass pin ! Hopefully not another Rolling Stones that was a TURD !

Common man you don't like Mick on a stick lol.

#65 4 years ago

Presence is my No Fear. Totally underrated but oh so fun to play.

#66 4 years ago

I bought a LE Stones , LEDs mods
    Everything I could do ahh man it was terrible, the worst was the sound ?
    It’s was garbled, scrambled? I thought it was malfunctioning
    Bummer because I love the Stones

#67 4 years ago

13 million monthly listeners to Led Zep on Spotify compared to 1 million for Sex Pistols. To put that in perspective Drake has 40 million...

#68 4 years ago

I prefer Snoop Dogg over Drake.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This little trip down memory lane and a few beers has already lightened my mood on the thing, but I'm sure my song list would not even come close to making the final cut.
    I still remember no Whiplash on Metallica. I mean WTF?!

IMO this is what this hobby needs... a constant stream of offerings. If you enjoy Led Zeppelin, but believe it it is outdated, you can enjoy a few games knowing that there is not a long wait for the next pin.

Can’t wait to see what is next from whoever, I am guessing I won’t have to wait too long.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret. Well it wasn't much of a secret.
    It's easy to thumb through albums or hear songs on the radio and say "Yeah those are good ones".
    But in the summer of 1976 one particular song was an anthem. We would hang out at the beach and one dude with a beachfront house would put huge speakers out on his patio pointed out and played it so loud, we could even hear it while out surfing.

It is such a good song Coverdale Page riffed it on their album.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I bought a LE Stones , LEDs mods
    Everything I could do ahh man it was terrible,...

What the shit... LED mods didn't fix a piss poor machine?!?
    OK we need a Moderator in here, someone's trolling Pinside

#72 4 years ago

Stones could have been way better for sure. I'd say try again but they already did.

Led Zeppelin IV was going to be a hard act to follow with top notch production and all good songs. Including one that all other songs that reference it strive to be.

No matter. The next one became a classic all unto itself. We mostly seemed to agree Dyer Maker filled the airwave void just fine.

But it was some of the deeper tracks and again all good tracks that left this album it's legacy.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In Thru The Out Door was a whole three year wait after Presence, their last studio album. Even by then, many of us felt it was over. The day it hit, we all gave it a chance and sat around and listened, but sounded like it had only taken three days, not three years to make. The consensus was it really sucked and Hot Dog was about the only redeeming song.
    When Coda came out we were so over it, I didn't even take the time to listen to the whole album, but what I did hear sounded like scraps they scraped up off the floor and pieced together.

Not really. More a young man with an excellent memory that is and has been patiently waiting for pinball to again show me something new like it used to.

Maybe a Houdini or Oktoberfest, TNA, or Wonka. Celts is also an option.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I prefer Snoop Dogg over Drake.

Snoop is coming in at 16mil

#75 4 years ago

I would prefer a Sabbath pin but Zeppelin has a lot of potential. Would love to see it happen!

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

If we are going to go with 70 themes, I would like to put a request in for Monty Pythons and the Holy Grail. I would love to have this callout somewhere in the game.
    “strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.“

The only problem with Monty Python would be the PC Police would have a stroke.

"Constable Henry Thatcher interrupts to announce that he is raiding the establishment due to certain substances being in the vicinity.
    "

#77 4 years ago

In for the SLE that has a shooter made from one of john bonham’s drumsticks.

#78 4 years ago

Perhaps a stage like assembly (WWE) could be used in Led Zepplin

#79 4 years ago

Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands and I listen to their music every other day. Listening on headphones is way better than any music coming from a pinball machine. Even if Stern implements their new jukebox feature, the speakers and placement on a pinball machine can’t come close to matching that quality. A wifi jukebox that allowed you to listen to any Zeppelin’s song WHILE playing and with the volume turned up might change my mind, but I don’t think that is Stern’s intent here.

When I think of Zeppelin, there is little visual imagery. I recall the big cymbals in the drum setup, the band’s faces and Plant’s golden hair, but nothing else comes to mind. So what would I want to see on the pin? The cymbals and ... ??? This leads me to think Zeppelin theme will not be tightly integrated with the pin. They could take the finished pin and scrub the art and retheme it as Beastie Boys without losing a step.

AC/DC was a win with the bell, canon, TNT and Rosie, and yes they were a central focus. Stones was a win with Mick on a stick, which turns out to be similar to Mick prancing around on stage, in spite of it being an awful toy. Met had the logo plus a snake lock, hammer and new Sparky character, which didn’t represent the band well, but turned out fun anyways. Kiss was a win with Gene’s head and tongue and lit KISS logo. Maiden was a win with multiple Eddy’s and Zombie Yeti’s stylized art. So theme wise these were top picks.

Prefer hearing rumors that Stern is working on Jimi Hendrix, Ozzy Osbourne or Santana, all of which are better suited for a pinball machine. Not hating on this title, just not excited about it.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

This is one of my top 2 dream themes. As long as it doesn't shoot like a drunk monkey designed the layout, I am in for sure.

It's rumored to be based on Quicksilver, so the drunk monkey question is subject to interpretation.

#81 4 years ago

I posted this already in ROTORDAVE's own Led-Zep-Thread -
    Listen to Steve Ritche, he surely would be in it
    (1min17sec)

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Snoop is coming in at 16mil

Well, that's more than 13mil, isn't it. And he is still making music.

The other difference is that is a pinball machine I would actually consider owning.

#83 4 years ago

Tired of music pins.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Does Led Zeppelin deserve a speculation thread?

No.

This speculation thread about a speculation thread suffices, in keeping with pinball's tradition of announcements about upcoming announcements.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Tired of music pins.

Yep, I feel that way after listening to more Led Zeppelin last night than I have since the 1970s.

Time to put the ancient LPs away and get back to the now. It was fun for a moment.

#86 4 years ago

I hope it will have LED lights

( ok I'm out )

#87 4 years ago

Funny story about Zeppelin. My buddy Rob pulled a stunt during our senior year and climbed up on top of our highschool and spray painted Led Zepellin in 5 foot letters. He was just finishing as our principal pulled up. Story was that even though Rob was wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt he still misspelled it. They eventually allowed him to graduate and receive his diploma with the rest of us but I have never let him forget about it.

#88 4 years ago

Another funny story from high school. Senior year we had an official rock and roll day and Mike Ness who is still the leader of Social Distortion, nailed this poster to a tree in the middle of the quad and lit it on fire. It was a very significant statement of the time that I will never forget. Not sure if he ever graduated, but in the end that didn't really matter.
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

13 million monthly listeners to Led Zep on Spotify compared to 1 million for Sex Pistols. To put that in perspective Drake has 40 million...

How many does TOOL have ? Asking for a friend .

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Enough to shock Taylor Swift fans when their latest album release knocked hers out of the top spot.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

It's rumored to be based on Quicksilver, so the drunk monkey question is subject to interpretation.

Please Stern...make this pin! OK, maybe no QS but no standard fan layout with pop bumpers in the top right...somethin' different Zep deserves the velvet glove treatment!

#92 4 years ago

Dolly got a pin back in the day. Why not a Taylor swift pinball? Bring a whole new audience to the party. All the rich daddys out there buying their precious daughters a expensive toy for Xmas? Stern would clean up. We (pinsiders) bitch about any game released so why target a whole new demographic? Heck I'd play one. I actually like her music lately. Very catchy. Lol.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Dolly got a pin back in the day. Why not a Taylor swift pinball?

All I can say is better you opening this can of pinside worms than me.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I may be a tad older than the average pinsider, but never lost my hunger for new culture as it unfolds.
    That in itself is part of what keeps one young.

The new t swift pin will be right up your alley. Especially if it’s a no fear re-skin

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Well now I want to know if Tool deserves a speculation thread

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

The new t swift pin will be right up your alley.

She's a good looking gal, but the music isn't exactly what I'm into. But I'm sure at certain locations it would do real well.

In regards to a modern themed game, for me to buy it it would have to be something I seriously want or something both my daughter and myself agree on as we both have very similar tastes especially in music, and I don't think she listens to Taylor either.

Quoted from mozach:

Well now I want to know if Tool deserves a speculation thread

This just became the TOOL speculation thread.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Enough to shock Taylor Swift fans when their latest album release knocked hers out of the top spot.

That new tool album is hot garbage.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That new tool album is hot garbage.

I haven't listened to it or Tool in quite some years. Just a little factoid I heard on the radio.

An alternative station that plays neither Swift or Tool, but always gives fun information.

Thanks for the review!

#99 4 years ago

Man the latest tool single on the radio sounds like their old stuff. 5+ minute songs that are drawn out, slow and kinda boring. Not very radio friendly.

As far as music pins there should absolutely be a Zeppelin pin. As well as a Sabbath, Slayer, Motley Crue, Pantera, Van Halen pins. I still think hip hop should be represented some how. Beastie Boys, Dre/NWA/Snoop pin would be cool. Foo Fighters would be my choice for a relevant/current rock band

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Guys like you are gonna spoil everything!
    Tell you what, I'll send you a Led Zeppelin Tour '77 T-shirt like all the kids that weren't there wear, if you will just let them stay dead and rest in peace.

Ok, sure, I'll take that shirt! Saw them, even saw their "Chariot" (https://flic.kr/p/8chXER) parked at O'Hare, but I'm letting them rest in peace.

Digging Chelsea Wolfe these days instead:

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-led-zeppelin-deserve-a-speculation-thread-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.