(Topic ID: 254159)

Does Led Zeppelin deserve a speculation thread?

By ThisNotes4U

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95D8F82C-F2E6-469B-9A8A-89A3BD153DCF.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    170px-JimmyPage2 (resized).jpg
    Unknown1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    30C086B9-CF3D-4DF3-829D-9A0F8F97FB6B (resized).jpeg
    23076077-5146-41C9-80F8-B706BCAB5EED (resized).png
    824487D7-06B5-4473-BFB8-2BEF0AA4FBFB.png
    9f3451bccc31b1622662e5918f0b71c3801a48ee.gif.gif
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

There was a communication breakdown Please advise.

#2 4 years ago

Could be a great pin.

Especially if they put my song in. "Whole Lotta Lloyd".

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Kidding about my song. Would like to see a Led Zepplin pin for their fans.

#3 4 years ago

There are several of these...no new thread needed unless there is CONCRETE news one is happening. Bump one of the old threads.

#4 4 years ago

I wonder if licensing would be thru the roof.....like The Beatles?

#5 4 years ago

Alledgedly rumoured to be a layout like Quicksilver.

#6 4 years ago

I would buy the top end model. That’s for sure.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Especially if you had to get approval from all the bluesmen they "cough cough" borrowed from.

Already saw them live and lived through it. They broke up like 40 years ago. Lifetimes ago.

I'm not going to buy a pinball machine to try to relive it.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I would buy the top end model. That’s for sure.

If it's like The Beatles, all you'd get was a different trim color and a "diamond" certificate instead of merely "gold". Is it worth it? Market has said no, because Diamond Beatles prices fell from $25k suggested to $14k or less real-world in less than a year.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's like The Beatles, all you'd get was a different trim color and a "diamond" certificate instead of merely "gold". Is it worth it? Market has said no, because Diamond Beatles prices fell from $25k suggested to $14k or less real-world in less than a year.

LOL. A lot of detail for a speculation thread. I was thinking more CE level for a JJP.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I was thinking more CE level for a JJP.

For that kind of money, hopefully you'll get some backglass animation.

9f3451bccc31b1622662e5918f0b71c3801a48ee.gif.gif9f3451bccc31b1622662e5918f0b71c3801a48ee.gif.gif
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Alledgedly rumoured to be a layout like Quicksilver.

That might’ve been true a couple months ago but I think things have changed and now gone a different direction and will be Pro, Premium and LE model cornerstone title.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

That might’ve been true a couple months ago but I think things have changed and now gone a different direction and will be Pro, Premium and LE model cornerstone title.

You are usually correct, but are you SERIOUS they are still stuck in the 1970s with new pinball themes?

I thought this whole Led Zeppelin thing was a joke. And the old themes might be coming to an end.

Now I'm finding the entire pinball industry has become a joke with no end in sight until they bury themselves with nostalgia nobody wants anymore.

Actually I'm not all that surprised with all they have come up with the last few years.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

That's a positive development for Zep fans. Huge waste of a license if it was just a Quicksilver retheme...

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For that kind of money, hopefully you'll get some backglass animation.[quoted image]

LOL. Worth every penny.

#16 4 years ago

So let me get this straight.

Are the people wanting this title the ones that were too young at the time or missed them first time around?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So let me get this straight.
    Are the people wanting this title the one's that were too young at the time or missed them first time around?

Epic title and epic license no matter what Andrew Rosa says

#18 4 years ago

This is one of my top 2 dream themes. As long as it doesn't shoot like a drunk monkey designed the layout, I am in for sure.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I have no idea who Andrew Rosa is, but I get the feeling what we've got lately is older guys marketing to younger guys the shit that most people that actually lived through it don't care about anymore. Am I close?

#20 4 years ago

To reiterate that, we lived and breathed Zep in the 70s until In Thru The Out Door came out.

It sucked, and now they sucked. Game over. We were over them then and there is no reason we want them back now.

Disclaimer- opinions may vary.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Awesome news Led Zeppelin is a dream theme can't wait for it.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Awesome news Led Zeppelin is a dream theme can't wait for it.

Guys like you are gonna spoil everything!

Tell you what, I'll send you a Led Zeppelin Tour '77 T-shirt like all the kids that weren't there wear, if you will just let them stay dead and rest in peace.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Holy fak.....I'm in....

#24 4 years ago

Time is ripe for Stern to act.

824487D7-06B5-4473-BFB8-2BEF0AA4FBFB.png824487D7-06B5-4473-BFB8-2BEF0AA4FBFB.png
    #25 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Time is ripe for Stern to act.

You are right.

Unless it is at least 50 years old, seems now they won't even consider it.

We will probably all be dead by the time pinball makes it back to the 21st Century.

Perhaps it's time for some of us to just let pinball rot in peace and move on.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Quoted from o-din:

Guys like you are gonna spoil everything!
    Tell you what, I'll send you a Led Zeppelin Tour '77 T-shirt like all the kids that weren't there wear, if you will just let them stay dead and rest in peace.

We get it. You were there and nobody else was. No reason to take a dump on somebody else’s excitement.
    LED Zeppelin is a spectacular band and I hate music pins but this title has my attention.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

To reiterate that, we lived and breathed Zep in the 70s until In Thru The Out Door came out.
    It sucked, and now they sucked. Game over. We were over them then and there is no reason we want them back now.
    Disclaimer- opinions may vary.

I liked most of album.....In The Evening was memorizing too me. However, Coda sucked ass....liked they try to go disco....oooof

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You are right.
    Unless it is at least 50 years old, seems now they won't even consider it.
    We will probably all be dead by the time pinball makes it back to the 21st Century.
    Perhaps it's time for some of us to just let pinball rot in peace and move on.

You are a grouchy man aren’t you.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

As long as they do their higher price point i wont be a buyer. At least the main advantage zep has over Beatles is they don;t have a massive catalog of shitty music to pick the worst songs from.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I liked most of album.....In The Evening was memorizing too me. However, Coda sucked ass....liked they try to go disco....oooof

In Thru The Out Door was a whole three year wait after Presence, their last studio album. Even by then, many of us felt it was over. The day it hit, we all gave it a chance and sat around and listened, but sounded like it had only taken three days, not three years to make. The consensus was it really sucked and Hot Dog was about the only redeeming song.

When Coda came out we were so over it, I didn't even take the time to listen to the whole album, but what I did hear sounded like scraps they scraped up off the floor and pieced together.

Quoted from TomGWI:

You are a grouchy man aren’t you.

Not really. More a young man with an excellent memory that is and has been patiently waiting for pinball to again show me something new like it used to.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As long as they do their higher price point i wont be a buyer. At least the main advantage zep has over Beatles is they don;t have a massive catalog of shitty music to pick the worst songs from.

Agreed....think the artwork has serious potential to

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In Thru The Out Door was a whole three year wait after Presence, their last studio album. Even by then, many of us felt it was over. The day it hit, we all gave it a chance and sat around and listened, but sounded like it had only taken three days, not three years to make. The consensus was it really sucked and Hot Dog was about the only redeeming song.
    When Coda came out we were so over it, I didn't even take the time to listen to the whole album, but what I did hear sounded like scraps they scraped up off the floor and pieced together.

Not really. More a young man with an excellent memory that is and has been patiently waiting for pinball to again show me something new like it used to. .

I use to joke how if i died, I wanted to be reincarnated into the intro of In The Evening. How funny, when I heard Hot Dog....i was wondering how high were they to record that..

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You are usually correct, but are you SERIOUS they are still stuck in the 1970s with new pinball themes?
    I thought this whole Led Zeppelin thing was a joke. And the old themes might be coming to an end.
    Now I'm finding the entire pinball industry has become a joke with no end in sight until they bury themselves with nostalgia nobody wants anymore.
    Actually I'm not all that surprised with all they have come up with the last few years.

If we are going to go with 70 themes, I would like to put a request in for Monty Pythons and the Holy Grail. I would love to have this callout somewhere in the game.

“strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.“

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I use to joke how if i died, I wanted to be reincarnated into the intro of In The Evening. How funny, when I heard Hot Dog....i was wondering how high were they to record that..

I don't even want to repeat some of the comments that were made by my friends and myself as we reflected that evening after our listening party. I think we put on something like the Sex Pistols and proceeded to try to wash it out of our minds.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:However, Coda sucked ass....liked they try to go disco....oooof
    Quoted from o-din:

When Coda came out we were so over it, I didn't even take the time to listen to the whole album, but what I did hear sounded like scraps they scraped up off the floor

CODA was exactly that - an album of left over tracks from the bands career. It was released as a bookend to the bands career.

CODA is a musical term - it means “the end” of a piece (or section) of music.

rd

23076077-5146-41C9-80F8-B706BCAB5EED (resized).png23076077-5146-41C9-80F8-B706BCAB5EED (resized).png
    #37 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The end. So in other words "ass".

I believe Physical Graffiti might have been another album put together out of scraps, but it turned out pretty well.

#38 4 years ago

hells yes

I think I wrote this in some other thread, but Robert Plant’s young son DYING while he was on tour was the beginning of the end for Led, before In thru the Outdoor. You know another band that went through that and made a great album? They made a couple bad records, no pinball for them?? They made the best rock song of all time.. especially now that rock is dead. Probably 5 of the top 10.
    They stole a few melodies, but they were genius together- and defined what it was to be rock gods. Who is more deserving then Led?

#39 4 years ago

Stern, its past time...……………….GET THE LED OUT!!!!!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Robert Plant’s young son DYING while he was on tour was the beginning of the end for Led, before In thru the Outdoor.

There was also his throat cancer that delayed the '77 tour six months before it got here, and I believe a bad car accident at some point as well. Lot of things were adding up.

But I will say when they finally hit the LA Forum that summer, they gave it their best and rewarded us with an almost four hour show.

There were other things adding up as well, punk was in full swing and Judas Priest had burst upon the scene with the kind of metal Zep seemed no longer capable of. All that signaled the end even before John Bonham died. It was tough to be an elder rock star at the end of the 70s.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The end. So in other words "ass".
    I believe Physical Graffiti might have been another album put together out of scraps, but it turned out pretty well.

Physical Graffiti was my favorite.....think I wore out the cassette

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Physical Graffiti was my favorite.....think I wore out the cassette

I had the album and the double 8-Track.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The end. So in other words “ass”

I think I bought the LP new in 1982-83 for 99c in the close out bins.

The record stores had bought it in bulk because ... Led Zeppelin... but everyone had moved on big time. I think I’ve only listened to it once or twice ever.

I bought “Rapping Rodney” the same day for 99c too! And I played the shit out of that record. It only has one swear word on the whole album .. of course my old man walked into my bedroom exactly as Rodney yells “you wanna know how f*king ugly she is??” and my old man sorta shook his head in dismay and walked out. Lollllll

rd
    30C086B9-CF3D-4DF3-829D-9A0F8F97FB6B (resized).jpeg30C086B9-CF3D-4DF3-829D-9A0F8F97FB6B (resized).jpeg

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I think I bought the LP new in 1982-83 for 99c in the close out bins.
    The record stores had bought it in bulk because ... Led Zeppelin... but everyone had moved on big time. I think I’ve only listened to it once or twice ever.

I think one of the biggest scams was it was either Coda or In Thru the Out Door came in four different album covers or sleeves, so they knew true collectors and the hardcore fans they had left would have to buy all four.

But long before that us young teens were impressed by how literally Led Zeppelin had invented the wheel. I still have my copy. Intact.
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpgUnknown1 (resized).jpgUnknown1 (resized).jpg

#45 4 years ago

I’ll be excited if it actually happens and if Stern doesn’t completely muck it up like they did with the Beatles. Worst Stern since Striker Extreme. Completely dropped the ball with the greatest license they ever had.

#46 4 years ago

I started listening to Led Zeppelin IV and burnt myself out on that album. Started listening to the other albums..landed on II. I still love that album! I was a music major in college and played bass trombone, learned the bas line to Ramble On and played it all the time. I look forward to seeing and playing this pin!!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I’ll be excited if it actually happens and if Stern doesn’t completely muck it up like they did with the Beatles. Worst Stern since Striker Extreme. Completely dropped the ball with the greatest license they ever had.

This little trip down memory lane and a few beers has already lightened my mood on the thing, but I'm sure my song list would not even come close to making the final cut.

I still remember no Whiplash on Metallica. I mean WTF?!

#49 4 years ago

In the 70's women were women nuff said.
    And men didn't Piss and Moan!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

CODA was exactly that - an album of left over tracks from the bands career. It was released as a bookend to the bands career.
    rd[quoted image]

Ozone Baby!

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-led-zeppelin-deserve-a-speculation-thread-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.