• Latest reply 2 years ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5164A0C8-8E02-4096-8FFE-B39B5E4A7B58 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20211009_193642 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

Get the LZ, you won’t regret it.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Here is my take on Led Zeppelin:
I relate this game to TNA in terms of layout and fun factor. It has a really simple well flowing layout(Ritchie signature style). The layout is butter smooth and the combos shots are seamless. The layout is a simple layout with little to no 'toys'. There are modes but this game is really about high scoring and keeping the ball alive as long as possible. This is not a journey game and may feel repetitive in a small collection. I relate to TNA because the simplistic rule set and layout and over the top lighting. TNA does not need a ton of fluff or toys to make it special-the gameplay, lighting and rule set make it a blast to play(same as LZ). Some people need more and want the game stuffed with toys to enjoy and LZ is not that game. One other thing that is crucial with this game is-you MUST be a big fan of Led Zeppelin. If you do not listen to Led Zeppelin-do not buy this pinball machine(many others out there for your taste).
Now Pro or Premium/LE? This is Steve Ritchies last game with Stern and the Premium/LE Magic Spinner and lighting really take the game to the next level. I recommend a Premium/LE LZ for home and would recommend the Pro for location and OP's.
You have an Avengers that I feel is repetitive and overly complicated. It is always good to have a difficult journey game in the line up but I would probably get rid of Avengers before Zombie(if you like it that much).
If you LOVE Led Zeppelin music-can't go wrong
If you are SO SO on Led Zeppelin music wait for Rush or another pin

I wouldn’t call it a journey type of game either but there sure is an awful lot to try to accomplish and it isn’t easy to do.

It is easy to understand the rule set but difficult to execute all of it.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Own LZ LE. Just got GNR LE Less is way more. Playing LZ 3x more
Smooth, satisfying shots. Purist pinball.

Best way to put it purist pinball doesn’t need the fluff. I own both as well and LZ is played far more. GNR is good too but for all the non pinball reasons, just not the best shooter.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

LZ is never going to win any art accolades. In fact the game has nothing to do with the theme- Stern could’ve done any theme name on there. What it does have (prem/LE), is a really good shooting game, with some pretty cool lighting. So, if you want a good shooting game LZ is the way to go. I will take flow, over a stop and start game, just about any time.

I actually dig the art, fits the band perfectly. Their album art wasn’t exactly exciting and their videos of the band the same with exception of the celebration day concert video. Color palette reeks of vintage 1970’s, only thing missing is some smoke and stale beer aromas!

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Never played it, but damn that repetetive Premium and LE translite/cabinet artwork is pure shite.

That is why this translite was made.

5164A0C8-8E02-4096-8FFE-B39B5E4A7B58 (resized).jpeg5164A0C8-8E02-4096-8FFE-B39B5E4A7B58 (resized).jpeg
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Now thats something! who made it?

Pinstein is selling them. He is on ebay too.

Probably one of the best translite I’ve seen. Vibrant color and art matches perfectly with backlight on or off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 65.99
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-led-zep-really-suck-that-bad?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.