• Latest reply 2 years ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5164A0C8-8E02-4096-8FFE-B39B5E4A7B58 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20211009_193642 (resized).jpg

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dreams of the 6500 zep premlum have evaporated like a fart in the wind!

Lmfao

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dreams of the 6500 zep premlum have evaporated like a fart in the wind!

You actually don’t know that. It just wasn’t $6500 for me. The listing was there for weeks. I would be surprised if the seller didn’t take a little less but $6900 is still a pretty good deal these days.

#103 2 years ago

I just grabbed one for just slightly north of 7 delivered. It may be a short term game for me. I’d be happy to send your way when I’m done.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I just grabbed one for just slightly north of 7 delivered. It may be a short term game for me. I’d be happy to send your way when I’m done.

Sure. Never hurts to ping me. I have two pins on the way so I’d have to move something to make room.

#105 2 years ago

Yes. Is this a poll?

Playfield bad
Callouts incredibly BAD.
Art Ok I guess if you like the 60s

#106 2 years ago

Even LZPro is way underrated.

I have a 20 pin collection (I think they’re all in the pinside top 100). I like all of them, but admittedly some don’t get played very much.

LZPro gets played a lot. Probably in my top 5 for frequency of play. Can’t explain why, but it’s very engaging.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Can’t explain why

Easy: it's one of your newest games and you're less familiar with it. New = interesting. See if your opinion changes in a few years.

#108 2 years ago

Zeppelin doesnt suck ,I know I have played in my underwear.

#109 2 years ago

Buy it dinner first.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It doesn't suck- I've played it without my underware.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Even LZPro is way underrated.

This is similar to when AC/DC came out, so much merciless insulting of the pro that it just became accepted fact. It was nonsense then and it's nonsense now. AC/DC pro is one of the fastest, meanest, most fun, adrenaline pumping games that has ever been. Better to play than the Prem/LE if you are A.D.D. like me because I just want the ball back as quickly as possible. I'm generally annoyed when games hold the ball and do something...I mean it's cool for the first few games but it's in my house for years.

There's nothing on AC/DC pro, and there's nothing on Zep pro. So yeah, if you approach it from a "value" standpoint then it probably does rub you the wrong way because you don't get "stuff". But gameplay? Oh man. If you PLAY pinball and forget the rest, I promise you both of these pros are fantastic games.

*disclaimer - I bought Zep pro immediately when released, and have since played the Premium. I usually prefer pro's but I do think the Premium is the better game in this case (the additions don't slow down gameplay, they just add to the experience). I will trade up for one at some point. But the pro is great fun on it's own merits, period.

#112 2 years ago

AC/DC premium is a must have due to the simple fact, that the bell redirects the ball behind the left ramp. Makes the gameplay 100x's better when the bell doesn't fire the ball down the middle.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I’m hoping someone does a coin door mod that sucks

#114 2 years ago

Played Zep at Pintastic. Did nothing for me. And I'm a big Zep fan.

Quoted from jitneystand1:

This is similar to when AC/DC came out, so much merciless insulting of the pro that it just became accepted fact.

Finished a long day helping set up Pastime Pinball when they were originally setting up machines. At the end of the day, I opened a beer, the place was dark and I wanted to play a machine before I left. I picked AC/DC which I had never played before. The biggest smile came on my face.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Omg James

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Played Zep at Pintastic. Did nothing for me. And I'm a big Zep fan.

I played those games (pro and premium). They weren't even close to leveled and you couldn't hear shit with all the background noise. I hated that game too...and I own one.

#117 2 years ago

The only thing that sucks about LZ is they didn't include "Achilles Last Stand."

#118 2 years ago

I played 3-4 games at Pintastic and there was nothing about it that made me want to play again. That’s my personal litmus test for something I’m not interested in. However to each his/her own.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm one month into a three month rental of the pro.
Read the negative comments about the barren layout and simplistic ruleset. Decided to give it a shot anyway.
Not only am I really enjoying it but my friends love it as well. It's a refreshing change of pace form other pins.
Look, I get the criticism...it's no Godzilla. But it is a game that is easy to learn and super flowy and for that, my family, friends and I are really enjoying it.

If you don’t mind me asking what does a LZ pro cost to rent for 3 months?

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can think of 200 other games I'd rather you have, too.

I'm a pretty good player, and I'm yet to get to a mini wizard mode. So God bless you, sir...you've got some serious talent!
Paging Lameberger, who will no doubt pop in here soon to let us know how much better his Alien or GnR are and how much Zep sucks. As for me, it's the most played game in my house, and still a freaking blast even a year later.

I think everyone on the planet knows how I feel about this game already. I'll make it quick boobs ;D
At the time of release, Alien was only like $17 more than a LZ premium in which I always thought Alien was better bang for the buck.. This reminds me, CrazyLevi promised to get a tattoo on his ass if Alien was ever made again... any of his boyfriends see it? Lmao.
Any hoo, I think the better bangs right now are Godzilla, Cactus Canyon Remake with Lyman code?, and of course Alien...even with the $1000 increase(which I predicted by the way ;D, did anyone listen and buy before the increase? your welcome!) but you can pretty much play any game with Zeppelin on the Jukebox and get the same vibe. Cheers!

Quoted from Psw757:

That is why this translite was made.[quoted image]

A million effing times better! Nice!!

#121 2 years ago

I’ve played an LZ Prem on site. It’s fun to shoot - the rules are clear and there are a lot of great, flowing shots. I’d definitely recommend it to fans of Led Zeppelin.

I think, if you’re not a big LZ fan, you probably want to ‘try before you buy’. As I say, it’s a fun game, but it’s probably not *the* most fun game. So, I’d definitely think about value for money and whether you want something else on your wishlist first.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

So, I’m flirting with the idea of picking up a Led Zep Premium. Prices are great especially in today’s market. However, does the pin really suck that bad? I just can’t tell…. Reviews are all over the place so I don’t know who to believe. Anyone or two of you want to give me the straight scoop? I know people point yo the barren playfield, but Stranger Things is pretty barren and a lot of people (including me) love that pin.
PS. I know people will tell me to find one on location.

Not sure what others think…but it’s my favorite game. Own avengers, Deadpool, tmnt, Godzilla and zeppelin is for me, the best…best lights, best flow, love the progression, easy rules but deep and high replayability….I love it, it’s my “permanent”

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Easy: it's one of your newest games and you're less familiar with it. New = interesting. See if your opinion changes in a few years.

This was in my head too. The wait and see.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It doesn't suck- I've played it without my underware.

Too funny. I'm laughing Bill, and unfortunately I can visualize your Zeppelin machine and game room. hahaha.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

The only thing that sucks about LZ is they didn't include "Achilles Last Stand."

The second best song on Presence.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The second best song on Presence.

whats best Tea for one or Nobodys fault but mine ?

#127 2 years ago

Zeppelin sucked so bad yesterday I played a new game on each song.

#128 2 years ago

^^^^^

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

whats best Tea for one or Nobodys fault but mine ?

I really enjoy Nobody's Fault But Mine. It has everything that I love about Led Zeppelin plus awesome guitar and harmonica solos. Great stuff.

#130 2 years ago

Only a casual fan of LZ the band and didn't think I'd ever want this pin...then I played it along with my high school aged son. Its so smooth and satisfying to shoot. Love the code and that you rock out and can have several modes running at once all building up to go platinum for all songs. I am surprised how much younger family and guests enjoy it. To each there own, but we absolutely love it.

#131 2 years ago

LZ sucks. Worst machine ever. My most disastrous purchase. Barren playfield, only one toy. Dreadful art. Missing key songs. Nothing to shoot for.

Yet I can’t stop playing it, with a smile on my face every time. Except maybe the times when it beats me into submission

These anti-LZ threads are populated by the same sort of people who criticised Ghostbusters on launch and are now very belatedly discovering it is a mini masterpiece. As the owner of both, I’m laughing all the way to the bank

#132 2 years ago

LZ pro is not bad. LZ prem/LE is fantastic. I might be a little biased, since I'm a first run premium owner. Oh, and having my initials as the default for spinner champ doesn't hurt either!

#133 2 years ago

Say what you want, people will judge it when they play it. Value comes after, holding the bag or not. Good luck to all that own one!

3 weeks later
#134 2 years ago

I own a Premium and it's a lot of fun. But for the first couple of months of owning the game, I initially felt disappointed.

But I kept playing and learning the rules.

Suddenly, the game really opened up. You can have nearly continuous multiball all the while you are building up your record sales and completing tours. The game just keeps flowing. And the music and light show really enhance the experience. I don't consider the bashing justified.

If you are considering one, get it now before people begin to appreciate this game in a few years. And work at setting it up to your liking to get the most enjoyment.

And no, I wouldn't trade the Premium for a Rob Zombie. I enjoy music themed pins but I only would consider a Rob Zombie in addition to still owning the LZ. Not even sure I would even own a Rob Zombie because I find games like Metallica far more enjoyable to play.

#135 2 years ago

"continuous multiball" The absolute last thing I want.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

For some games, I would agree with you.

But for LZ, building up to that kind of momentum really works well. It's the whole experience, not a breakdown of each element, that makes it fun to play.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from JetBumpers:

For some games, I would agree with you.

*JJP GnR has entered the chat*

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from JetBumpers:

You can have nearly continuous multiball .

Set your zeppelin multiball harder. factory settings is to easy.
make sure that you have to hit the Rock targets before your locks are lit.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I made that change after Expo tournament.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Yeah, I did. But my first playthroughs were on factory settings to get the feel for the game. Eventually, you'll want more challenge as with any pin. My comment was for the benefit of the OP who's never played one.

1 week later
#141 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

I never feel like it's a continuous Multiball like i do with GNR. Zeppeling is multiball modes...and each mode is very specific...it's one of the few games i'm working to specifically get a multiball started with strategy. I want to set them up, get a mode started, then do zep or magic multiball, to start a mode multiball, and i love that it's a building multiball strategy, adding a ball with every mode...makes you really think about which mode benefits the additional balls the most. I only mention GNR because that's a game where i had a multiball going for like 20 minutes with literally no clear direction on why i had one or what i was supposed to do with it. Zep is just on another level. Example is Godzilla has A TON of multiballs...but none of them are ones i want to stack with a mode because they get in the way of the mode. Also, Magic Frenzy is without question the best multiball experience of any game in my opinion. I had one the other day with a 16x Icarus and OMG...i was hitting 200k jackpots...but then again...i've had big Icarus multipliers and watched the balls all bounce around hitting nothing lol...NOTHING hurts more than that shit.

#142 2 years ago

Now that I have experienced all the other games that have been released in the last two years along with it, I can say that yes, yes it does suck.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Now that I have experienced all the other games that have been released in the last two years along with it, I can say that yes, yes it does suck.

This take upsets and angers me as it's important everybody likes what I like.

Please PM me and we can discuss this further!

#144 2 years ago

My LZ Prem has been along a lot longer than many other titles that have come and gone. Buy them all, make your own decisions.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I respect your right to be wrong.

#146 2 years ago

I feel I should clarify my opinion... The pro is not much fun. Regarding the OP's question specifically about a Premium... and does it suk? Well, it's not much fun to me. The premium is more entertaining but it's not a game I would ever consider owning. I actually like the music and the wide open playfield a lot but, I just can't get interested in anything else about the machine. You disagree with me, that's great. The price on the open market that's out there for the potential buyer is what matters. If the price is right, buy it and have a blast! Even if you don't like it, it's not like you are going to lose a ton of money these days. I'm fed up with all these "should I buy this or not" crap. Just buy it and if you don't like it, sell it and buy something else. That's really the ONLY way you will know for certain if a game will entertain you for years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-led-zep-really-suck-that-bad/page/3?hl=danmarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.