• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

^^

#2 11 years ago

Mine had one that lasted about 2-3 seconds

#3 11 years ago

There is one, but it's very short. If it comes out of the pops very quickly (like without popping more than once or twice), you might get saved. There's also a short one after each raptor kick to help save your butt.

#4 11 years ago

What about on system failure?

#5 11 years ago

Durin that wizard mode I believe it is supposed to just keep ejecting balls for the 45 seconds and then auto-drain all balls when the timer runs out and restart.

#6 11 years ago

This was my impression too. However last night I got there and no ball save at all. Lost like 3 balls instantly and they never refired. In fact I was down to one ball and system failure was still running ie 1 mill a switch still but i only had one ball. I thought it was fucked. I guess I was right.

#7 11 years ago

Not a clue...still haven't gotten there. I love the game, but it mostly hates me.

#8 11 years ago

Hmmm....make sure you have the newest roms and then double check all the ball trough switches.

Trigger the wizard mode by hand with the glass off and see what you can troubleshoot

#9 11 years ago

Unfortunately it's a route machine

#10 11 years ago

Ian Freeze !!!

#11 11 years ago

Played some more yesterday. Played two games and got to system failure both times. Turns out the ball save does work but if you lose too many balls at once they get stacked and won't make it over to the shooter lane. I had to gingerly shake whilst playing, avoiding tilt warnings, and they broke up and I started getting balls fired back in to play. Of course this was on my 2nd failure and about 35 seconds in when I realized what was going on.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

In fact I was down to one ball and system failure was still running ie 1 mill a switch still but i only had one ball. I thought it was f-ed. I guess I was right.

You probably have something wrong with your switches in your trough.

Here's JPs "ball savers".

About 3 seconds when the ball is fired into play (if it makes it to the pops and doesn't out and SDTM, it's usually gone.)

About 3 seconds after you hit the Raptor Pit during single ball play (you can see the "Caution" light I think it is flashing, when it stops it is over - NO grace period.)

About 10 seconds into Tri-ball.

I don't know about 6-ball. The trough is usually still firing out balls, so I kind of don't think it does.

Throughout System Failure.

If your trough is wonky, it may not fire balls out and instead keep firing random trough coils instead. Mine does this sometimes, and it is on my list of things to check through - when I am doing anything where it does a ball save, it will often fire a coil or two before the ball actually ejects and fires. I think it has to do with a bad switch on either the first ball position, or the ball right before that, or the switch in the launch lane.

It happens so rarely that I keep forgetting to care to change it up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jp-have-a-ball-save and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.