(Topic ID: 307878)

Does JJP need new social media peeps? Where’s the excitement?

By Beez

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I love JJP pins … I’ve really enjoyed them. I’ve owned 5, currently have 2 and will definitely own more in the future HOWEVER; where is the excitement? I enjoy Stern pins as well but the social media info, constant updates and excitement in this space feels very unbalanced. Stern currently does a MUCH better job keeping people informed and excited about the what’s next. JJP seems to touch on the same things over and over again without added new and exciting info …. Again, I love JJP and think Jack is great but I sure do wish they did a better job with communicating and didn’t just keep running the same old same old … am I wrong?

#2 2 years ago

They have nothing to say. No new games coming out anytime soon. Probably afraid to make a big push on social media too as they've kind of passed off the hard-core collectors.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I sure do wish they did a better job with communicating and didn’t just keep running the same old same old … am I wrong?

No you are not.

#4 2 years ago

With the apparent way that they treated Lloyd Olson, I think that GNR will be my last JJP. As I get older, character seems to be more and more important. Screw their social presence!! Character and honor way the frock above a “social presence “

Just my opinion

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

With the apparent way that they treated Lloyd Olson, I think that GNR will be my last JJP. As I get older, character seems to be more and more important. Screw their social presence!! Character and honor way the frock above a “social presence “
Just my opinion

We really should be sounding off on what little social media they do have about LTG.

#6 2 years ago

A social media that needs to work once every 2 to 3 years ?

#7 2 years ago

I think everyone is forgetting JPPs latest unveiling. Blaming their customers for any and all playfield damage created plenty of buzz and excitement.

Personally I don’t know how they could top that…

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I love JJP pins … I’ve really enjoyed them. I’ve owned 5, currently have 2 and will definitely own more in the future HOWEVER; where is the excitement? I enjoy Stern pins as well but the social media info, constant updates and excitement in this space feels very unbalanced. Stern currently does a MUCH better job keeping people informed and excited about the what’s next. JJP seems to touch on the same things over and over again without added new and exciting info …. Again, I love JJP and think Jack is great but I sure do wish they did a better job with communicating and didn’t just keep running the same old same old … am I wrong?

Agree with what you're saying in all aspects but what is it they would talk about? They're still a one machine every two years (if that) manufacturer.

JJP has never met a date that they said a machine would be out so wisely they stopped with talking about their future machines until actually released. There's no new updates for GnR. Only thing new out of JJP camp is that almost all the machines had a software update (basically only changes were to make them WiFi enable and to add Scorbit) and that WW was being remade.

So not sure what they could post on SM that will get anyone excited! Rather them spend their time in getting the second line up and running or at least get their website updated so you can go in and buy parts as opposed to having to send emails to see if parts are available.

Lastly, and to feed off of LORDDREK's post, anytime JJP does some sort of media it doesn't pan out well. As someone that bought a GnRCE, when I heard Jack taking no ownership of the pf issues and placing the blame on the owners was just mind boggling. You (JJP) know you have an issue, you changed your warranty to avoid the issue !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jjp-need-new-social-media-peeps-wheres-the-excitement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.