• Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Given the experience with WoZ pre-orders, can JJP use this model again?”

• Yes. I'm happy to send my money months or years in advance. 59 votes
    21%
  • No. I'll wait till theres an actual shipping game before i send my money 221 votes
    79%

(280 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP SIGN OLD.jpg
JJP SIGN NEW.jpg
JJP RIGHT SIDE LOT 2.jpg
JJP RIGHT SIDE LOT 1.jpg
JJP LEFT SIDE LOT.jpg
trolls.png
image-791.jpg
olivia-wilde-3.jpg
olivia.gif
ignore-button.jpg
TU.jpg
canvas.png
st-643.png
arnold shut up.gif
idiots.jpg
pinchroma.png

This topic is closed.

There are 561 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Sometimes, I think the Pinside definition of troll has become "someone who disagrees with me".

I disagree. Troll.

#352 10 years ago

Hmm. I've been busy enjoying my WOZ for the past while, so much so that I really haven't had time to check in on Pinside. I wonder, did anything new or interesting happen during my absense?

**Reads through thread**

Ah. Freaky. It's like I've entered a repeating time loop, where the exact same people are doing the exact same stuff about the exact same things in the exact same way, to the exact same result. Incredulously, it appears that no one caught in the time loop actually realizes they're reliving the same thing they were doing last week... last month... last year... over and over again, each time as if it were the first.

Oh well. Carry on!

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, SERIOUSLY.
Jack's been talking the same shit for the last year

Way longer then that...

I've met Jack twice. Two years ago at the final PPE, he went on a rant, talking shit about Stern pinball and the "idiots" on Pinside. The sycophants loved it.

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, this is going to be a tough thread . . . but better to be discussed in its own thread than clogging up the for sale threads.
Keep it civil everybody. Moved to JJP sub forum.

And as a result of this "tough thread" the one that got banned was Alex.

(and that isn't calling you out Tiger, it is simply stating that gang tackling works. We all knew it would be a bad thread).

#355 10 years ago

Alex is a bright guy and an asset to pinside but short on restraint. Shame he allows people to get his goat.

#356 10 years ago

Pinchroma "Are you a standard or an LE?

LE's aren't decals.. "

Hi,
I have a standard model.
Can you explain me the difference with the LE cabinet.
The future models they will be different?

#357 10 years ago
Quoted from After8:

Pinchroma "Are you a standard or an LE?
LE's aren't decals.. "
Hi,
I have a standard model.
Can you explain me the difference with the LE cabinet.
The future models they will be different?

Yes, going forward the LE's will have digital artwork applied directly to the cab with clear coat over that and the standards will be decals.

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And as a result of this "tough thread" the one that got banned was Alex.
(and that isn't calling you out Tiger, it is simply stating that gang tackling works. We all knew it would be a bad thread).

I think the mods are amazingly fair....

Two years ago, it seemed that any mild critique of JJP was verboten. Now, it's nice to see a free exchange of opinions.

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Why doesn't everyone just accept that this is not a topic that minds are going to be changed on, and move on? Another locked thread does no good. These threads have not been going anywhere for a good year now. It is what it is. Raised blood pressures are so not worth the 4 people that care one way or another.

Ahh, the voice of reason. Nicely done! Thanks!

#360 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I think the mods are amazingly fair....
Two years ago, it seemed that any mild critique of JJP was verboten. Now, it's nice to see a free exchange of opinions.

Well, except the opinions of those pesky JJP volunteers!

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Hmm. I've been busy enjoying my WOZ for the past while, so much so that I really haven't had time to check in on Pinside. I wonder, did anything new or interesting happen during my absense?
**Reads through thread**
Ah. Freaky. It's like I've entered a repeating time loop, where the exact same people are doing the exact same stuff about the exact same things in the exact same way, to the exact same result. Incredulously, it appears that no one caught in the time loop actually realizes they're reliving the same thing they were doing last week... last month... last year... over and over again, each time as if it were the first.
Oh well. Carry on!

Hey, wait a minute! Didn't you say this already? Like a year ago, maybe?

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Yes, going forward the LE's will have digital artwork applied directly to the cab with clear coat over that and the standards will be decals.

It certainly sounds like Jack is trying to save a buck or two. There's a world of difference between the existing cabs and decals.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It certainly sounds like Jack is trying to save a buck or two. There's a world of difference between the existing cabs and decals.

Per Jack:

WOZ have direct ink decal cabinets that actually cost us more than the other cabinet.

Don't get me started on That Guy (Charlie)

#364 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The future models of cabinet they will be better?

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from After8:

The future models of cabinet they will be better?

Does more expensive equal better to you?

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Really? Where was this posted by JJP? So, if I bought a WOZ Standard 6 months ago I'm going to get a decal cab when it's made?

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Pre-Order days are over for Stern, JJP and all. If you want a game, buy it when it comes out

I agree 100%.

This pre-payment frenzy (whether its for WoZ or METLE's or whatever) removes a HUGE incentive from the manufacturer to ship a well-tested, complete product! It also contributes to the upward trajectory on pricing. And we have no one to blame but ourselves.

You think JJP would wait YEARS (apparently not till TH) to fix a design fault like the serially wired LED boards if they actually has discriminating buyers who could withhold their payment? Hell no.

You think Stern would pump incompletely coded machines out if there wasn't a literal feeding frenzy to prepay every LE model they announced (and have distros fighting over them, even overselling them)? Hell no.

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Really? Where was this posted by JJP? So, if I bought a WOZ Standard 6 months ago I'm going to get a decal cab when it's made?

Its a question I asked several times in several threads. Alex never responded before he got banned.

I would be concerned if I had a standard paid for and yet to be built. I would be calling JJP for clarification if I were you.

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And trust me I know moderation is a thankless job as I do so on 9 sites currently.

9 Sites! what are they?

#370 10 years ago

Mike, here is Alex's response and my follow-up:

Quoted from Pinchroma:

ECLE's are NOT getting decals

Quoted from Skins:

How many numbered standards have been shipped? Maybe numbered standards with the original cab will be the most rare out of them all. LOL.

#371 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Its a question I asked several times in several threads. Alex never responded before he got banned.

Ugh.

Look, Alex brought this on himself, he lashed out, and the mods weren't gonna stand there and watch it. But it really sucks that it even came to that because now we've lost one of the people who can answer our questions. All because some people just can't help playing the clown.

I called Jack out for the way he always looks down on us, but FFS, with the idiots we have trolling it up I should probably shut my mouth.

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ugh.
Look, Alex brought this on himself, he lashed out, and the mods weren't gonna stand there and watch it. But it really sucks that it even came to that because now we've lost one of the people who can answer our questions. All because some people just can't help playing the clown.
I called Jack out for the way he always looks down on us, but FFS, with the idiots we have trolling it up I should probably shut my mouth.

Umm, I didn't say he did or didn't deserve the ban. I simply stated a fact that he got banned before I could get him to reply.

You can save your "ugh" of exasperation for a more worthy post than mine.

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You can save your "ugh" of exasperation for a more worthy post than mine.

Oh sorry, wasn't directed at you! Just a general ugh over the fact that he was banned when we have questions he could answer. Your quote was just context, didn't mean to make it about you.

#374 10 years ago

Just giving you are hard time. No worries. Thanks for the reply though.

#375 10 years ago

(All credit to doghousediaries.com. This is their byline below.)

How To Leave Comments On The Internet

Before leaving a comment, ask yourself, ‘if I saw this posted on the internet, would I want to punch the author in the face?’

image-52.jpgimage-52.jpg

#376 10 years ago

Everyone please cool down this is just pinball.

We need a voice of reason , someone find the Data East Star Wars kid ASAP.

pinchroma.pngpinchroma.png

#377 10 years ago

Can someone do a Direct TV ad like spoof but substitute the Pinside instead of Direct TV?

I think that would be hilarious.....

#378 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Everyone please cool down this is just pinball.

Yeah, good idea. Let's goad the guy into getting banned. The guy who can actually answer questions and help WOZ people. We have a connection to the inside and have to be idiots.....sheesh!

idiots.jpgidiots.jpg
#379 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Per Jack:
WOZ have direct ink decal cabinets that actually cost us more than the other cabinet.
Don't get me started on That Guy (Charlie)

That makes NO sense.

Decals cost more? And operators PREFER them? Huh?

I get that someone can etch their initials in a game and prior to resale operators may want to re-decal (like that really happens often? but lets put that aside), but then just sell decals.

Its easier to ruin a decal than that clearcoated direct print cab.
Its easier to decal over that clearcoated cab than to have to remove the decal and then finish and re-decal over bare wood.

#380 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, good idea. Let's goad the guy into getting banned. The guy who can actually answer questions and help WOZ people. We have a connection to the inside and have to be idiots.....sheesh!

idiots.jpg 7 KB

Ted.. love you dude and Alex is a nice guy in person but if he cant control himself on this forum that's no ones fault but his own.

#381 10 years ago

If anyone cares, I can tell you I generally don't say anything specifically JJP-related anymore because the same trolls are allowed to roam free without issue.

Trolling is not disagreeing with someone. Trolling is posting the same thing over and over again to get reactions and to get people pissed off.

When the same people are allowed to ram their (obviously caustic) opinions down others' throats without repercussion, I just give up. It's unfortunate, because I actually enjoy interacting with the community, but I'm not going to give trolls any ammo, either, so you've lost me.

Anyway, carry on!

#382 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Per Jack:

Makes no sense at all. Why would Jack spend more money on the cabinets knowing new owners will be pissed when they find out they're now decalled. Saying decals are what people originally wanted is a crock. The existing WOZ cabs are the nicest pin cabs I've ever seen.

#383 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

That makes NO sense.

Decals cost more? And operators PREFER them? Huh?

I get that someone can etch their initials in a game and prior to resale operators may want to re-decal (like that really happens often? but lets put that aside), but then just sell decals. Its easier to ruin a decal than that clearcoated direct print cab and its easier to decal over that clearcoated cab than bare wood.

I don't think the operators will re-decal (they may or may not), but at least us collectors now have decals as an option in the future if something happens to your cabinet.

Why does everything have to be scrutinized so much by everyone? If we all took a breath/break from this madness for a second I think everyone would realize that we are sounding like spoiled children!

#384 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Ted.. love you dude and Alex is a nice guy in person but if he cant control himself on this forum that's no ones fault but his own.

True. He lost his temper, and paid the price. That was his to control.

BUT

He's been harassed in every single thread he posts in, JJP related or not, by the same people for months. Same people, same shit, every day. You can all name them off the top of your head, you know exactly who I'm talking about. You know what the bulk of them contribute to Pinside? Nothing. Not a damn thing except clown behavior. They want attention, so they troll.

Now Keefer says he won't even post the kind of interesting content we'd love to see because he doesn't want to deal with them. And who can blame him? And so Pinside loses and the trolls win. Yay.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If anyone cares, I can tell you I generally don't say anything specifically JJP-related anymore because the same trolls are allowed to roam free without issue.
Trolling is not disagreeing with someone. Trolling is posting the same thing over and over again to get reactions and to get people pissed off.
When the same people are allowed to ram their (obviously caustic) opinions down others' throats without repercussion, I just give up. It's unfortunate, because I actually enjoy interacting with the community, but I'm not going to give trolls any ammo, either, so you've lost me.
Anyway, carry on!

You are baiting the so called trolls! Why cant people who sit here day in and day out, and know every post from a particular member and then call them out on everything they say, JUST HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON???????????

Everyone points the finger at the other side. ITS BOTH SIDES. Every positive WOZ thread has negatives brought into it and every negitive thread has positives brought into it.

Some like WOZ and some don't and both sides are very passionite about their feelings of the pin. But when the name calling starts you are one making yourself look like a CHILD and two making the hobby look bad. It is ok not to agree with someone on here!!!

#386 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Anyway, carry on!

You'll survive...

It goes both ways as well... plenty of WoZ guys ramming some of the same information down everyone throats over and over as well. It definitely goes both ways...

#387 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Makes no sense at all. Why would Jack spend more money on the cabinets knowing new owners will be pissed when they find out they're now decalled. Saying decals are what people originally wanted is a crock. The existing WOZ cabs are the nicest pin cabs I've ever seen.

I believe it had something to do with not being able to get the direct ink to cab product for the past few weeks, so he needed to shop elsewhere. Its still going to be at least a week until more WOZLE cabs are in.

Now, why that means all standards have to be done with decals from now on is beyond me. But, that was the way I read it.

If I read it wrong someone correct me.

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

. The existing WOZ cabs are the nicest pin cabs I've ever seen.

That's the truth. Fine art for sure. Stunning craftsmanship.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Everyone points the finger at the other side. ITS BOTH SIDES.

No, it's not. Save that fair and balanced BS for Fox.

Edit: I'm referring to just the trolling, not that there aren't annoying JJP fans, because of course there are. But they don't go and follow around Stern people trolling them. And if they do they deserve to be banned.

Edit2: If Teekee downvotes me that just tells me that I'm right.

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just glad to see a post from you that doesn't contain the word 'troll'!

#391 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You'll survive...
It goes both ways as well... plenty of WoZ guys ramming some of the same information down everyone throats over and over as well. It definitely goes both ways...

Yeah it must really be hard reading how sweet the game is, or how a guy is upset because he is still waiting for a game he paid for a few years ago. Can I buy you a beer to make you feel better?

#392 10 years ago

My guess on cabinet art.....Just a wild guess....Vender that has been doing the cabinets either was late, took a vaca, needed to delay, or whatever and Jack got into it with that vender.....JUST A GUESS.....so the vender upped it on Jack and demanded a price increase or said he would take his ball and go home.....remember the majority of cabinets have prob. shipped. Vender caught wind that JJP is looking elsewhere "cheaper pricing" to get Hobbit done maybe.....but anyway JJP is in a jam and the easiest way out of that jam is to make decals!

Just a wild guess!

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

You are baiting the so called trolls! Why cant people who sit here day in and day out, and know every post from a particular member and then call them out on everything they say, JUST HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON???????????
Everyone points the finger at the other side. ITS BOTH SIDES. Every positive WOZ thread has negatives brought into it and every negitive thread has positives brought into it.
Some like WOZ and some don't and both sides are very passionite about their feelings of the pin. But when the name calling starts you are one making yourself look like a CHILD and two making the hobby look bad. It is ok not to agree with someone on here!!!

Oh my goodness. And now with Alex banned you are calling out Keith? I'm amazed you just said a titan of the industry was making himself look like a child. I disagree with that.

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Likely because the people that were printing the cabinets either raised their prices or were too slow, or both.

Also, what is the real reason Charlie left that company? Jack seemed a little agitated by how all that transpired.

#395 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Edit: I'm referring to just the trolling, not that there aren't annoying JJP fans, because of course there are. But they don't go and follow around Stern people trolling them. And if they do they deserve to be banned.
Edit2: If Teekee downvotes me that just tells me that I'm right.

Nice fox statement....I guess you are a nickleodean type fella??? ONLY KIDDING!

I got a chuckle from that statement.

#396 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oh my goodness. And now with Alex banned you are calling out Keith? I'm amazed you just said a titan of the industry was making himself look like a child. I disagree with that.

Agreed. WTH. The guy must have not noticed or known who he was quoting.

#397 10 years ago

My take from Jack's comment was that they are out of nice cleared cabs, but just got in a bunch of decaled ones, but production is still moving.
That means no LE's are being built, just more standards, again. And if the 1000 numbered standards are still getting the better cleared cabs, then that would mean no pre-order machines are on the line, just new money machines.
Convenient.

#398 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

My take from Jack's comment was that they are out of nice cleared cabs, but just got in a bunch of decaled ones, but production is still moving.
That means no LE's are being built, just more standards, again. And if the 1000 numbered standards are still getting the better cleared cabs, then that would mean no pre-order machines are on the line, just new money machines.
Convenient.

That is even more strange when you think back to the holiday open house and people were saying there were tons of cabinets and playfields stacked up and ready for games to be built.

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Convenient.

Yep, that's what I was alluding to in the other thread titled "Jack speaks":

Quoted from Skins:

Very true. We are though dealing with know quantities. 1000 ECLE's and 1,000/1,500 (drawing a blank on the numbered standards quantity) standards. Those were to be made before any other standards are to be made. We know two things. One, all ECLE's haven't shipped and all the numbered standards haven't shipped either. The question that begs to be answered is WHAT standards are being made with the new cabs. The numbered ones or plain old standards. I think its easy to start drilling down from there what is going on.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Other than editing curse words and moving threads show me examples?
I read nearly every thread. There isn't much of anything.

Every thread??

You got WAY too much time on your hands...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
There are 561 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jjp-have-the-credibilty-left-to-take-pre-payment-for-3/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.