• Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Given the experience with WoZ pre-orders, can JJP use this model again?”

• Yes. I'm happy to send my money months or years in advance. 59 votes
    21%
  • No. I'll wait till theres an actual shipping game before i send my money 221 votes
    79%

(280 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP SIGN OLD.jpg
JJP SIGN NEW.jpg
JJP RIGHT SIDE LOT 2.jpg
JJP RIGHT SIDE LOT 1.jpg
JJP LEFT SIDE LOT.jpg
trolls.png
image-791.jpg
olivia-wilde-3.jpg
olivia.gif
ignore-button.jpg
TU.jpg
canvas.png
st-643.png
arnold shut up.gif
idiots.jpg
pinchroma.png

This topic is closed.

There are 561 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 10 years ago

Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end.

- Brian, Cocktail. (1988)

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Doublethink- is the act of ordinary people simultanously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct.
Tell me about the flood of games again.

Sure thing…

Teekee 5:32

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Elizabeth Shue - yum...

#254 10 years ago

Vaya con Dios, brah.

- Johnny Utah, Point Break. (1991)

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sure thing…

So you think JJ is closing shop, and there is going to be a flood of games?

Remember the Capcom game flood? It was epic.

Edit-sarcasm +

Post edited by PEN : Smiley added

#256 10 years ago

That guy's being awfully forward with that donkey.

- Jay, Clerks II (2006)

#257 10 years ago

PEN-That Teekee guy seems obsessed by WOZ even though he says he does not like the game, Pinside (2014)

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

So you think JJ is closing shop, and there is going to be a flood of games?
Remember the Capcom game flood? It was epic.

Dude, relax! Why do you seem so serious?

No I don't think they are closing shop… I guess the smiley face doesn't work all the time. Don't stress!

Everything's gonna be alright - Bob Marley

#259 10 years ago

Pretty funny Lowepg

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Dude, relax! Why do you seem so serious?
No I don't think they are closing shop… I guess the smiley face doesn't work all the time. Don't stress!
Everything's gonna be alright - Bob Marley

I am perfectly calm. No need to get excited. If you can tease, I can tease you back. Would you prefer I go back and add a smiley face?

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Show me what useful information you have EVER posted? I'll be sitting here waiting... and waiting... and waiting...
There are probably about 10-15 folks here who are basically tits on a bull.

Hey, should I take offense to that? I like tits. That's bull. :p

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Someone should this thread has slowed right down in the last half hour

#263 10 years ago

Is anyone else as sick as I am of Jack referring to Pinside as "that other site"?

I'm tired of a handful of trolls making things crappy for everyone else. Robin's got a short list and I'm so ready for him to just act on it.

But I'm also tired of Jack being an asshole and blowing off an entire forum dedicated to people who love pinball. Name me a larger site dedicated to pinball. Writing us all off is crappy too.

#264 10 years ago

Can we please get more pics of the Texas T&A? I saw some short video clips of the infield parties the night before the Texas 500 Nascar race and it looked better than Ft. Lauderdale ever did. Going to that party is on my bucket list.

Oh and about the pre-payments...ah hell...never mind.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is anyone else as sick as I am of Jack referring to Pinside as "that other site"?
I'm tired of a handful of trolls making things crappy for everyone else. Robin's got a short list and I'm so ready for him to just act on it.
But I'm also tired of Jack being an asshole and blowing off an entire forum dedicated to people who love pinball. Name me a larger site dedicated to pinball. Writing us all off is crappy too.

He has reason too. As do I but I like calling people out for being those handful of trolls.

Why in gods name would he come here and have to deal with the cavalcade of trolls when he can do it on his private forum without them and address customers directly.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Why in gods name would he come here and have to deal with the cavalcade of trolls when he can do it on his private forum without them and address customers directly.

Fine, don't come here, his communication every time he does sucks anyways. But he talks shit about Pinside constantly. He did it to my face at PAGG. He's done it here. He's obviously still doing it in his own little fiefdom.

I have no will towards JJP, you, Lloyd, anyone really. The only person I have on ignore is a Robin click away from being banned for trolling JJP threads. I've talked with Jack before, he seems like a nice enough guy who loves what he's doing, more power to him. But when he keeps talking shit like that about a place that I love it makes me think f*#& you Jack. We love pinball here, and you're gonna write us off like that? Go f@#& yourself.

Just how it makes me feel.

#267 10 years ago

I think Jack called this place "Wrong Side" once.

He's so clever, gosh.

#268 10 years ago

JJP's 3rd game is........

the troll
It's an epic tale about trolling online.
You can stack some many fuck'n troll modes on top of each other too, like 12 of them!
6 flippers
2 lcd screens
2 shaker motors
4 foot high topper
The TROLL by Pat Lawlor

ya heard it here 1st

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fine, don't come here, his communication every time he does sucks anyways. But he talks shit about Pinside constantly. He did it to my face at PAGG. He's done it here. He's obviously still doing it in his own little fiefdom.
I have no will towards JJP, you, Lloyd, anyone really. The only person I have on ignore is a Robin click away from being banned for trolling JJP threads. I've talked with Jack before, he seems like a nice enough guy who loves what he's doing, more power to him. But when he keeps talking shit like that about a place that I love it makes me think f*#& you Jack. We love pinball here, and you're gonna write us off like that? Go f@#& yourself.

I don't know. As an active pinsider, I can see how Jack might not want to deal with all the trolls here. The people that are his customers get access to his private forums. Those are the only people that should matter to him, don't you agree? Even if you preordered, you should have access to those forums. I dont think he is so much writing people off as just not wanting to have to get into a back-and-forth with a bunch of trouble makers (not accusing you, just saying).

As a company, he creates a customer forum where the community can give and receive feedback and communications. That's pretty good. I think as a major company rep, doing that only on his own site makes sense. Wouldn't it be great if stern had something similar?

I mean look at this thread. Its full of over reactions. There are photos of a locked gate with a closed sign. Why would jack want to engage in that? I certainly wouldn't. You know things are pretty bad when I end up agreeing with Iceman in the thread

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

JJP's 3rd game is........

the troll
It's an epic tale about trolling online.
You can stack some many fuck'n troll modes on top of each other too, like 12 of them!
6 flippers
2 lcd screens
2 shaker motors
4 foot high topper
The TROLL by Pat Lawlor
ya heard it here 1st

I heard it will be made in a Hercules cabinet & take 11 years to build.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Those are the only people that should matter to him, don't you agree?

Just a spectator in all this, but, I would think this forum is also full of potential customers.

I come on this site, contribute, and lurk a ton. Talking crap about a place I frequent a lot ... probably doesn't increase your chances of me buying your product.

Hobbit really intrigues me, like the theme and am interested in the game play. May even purchase after playing. No way I would pre-order though.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Someone should this thread has slowed right down in the last half hour

Nevermind - All good :p

image.jpgimage.jpg

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He has reason too. As do I but I like calling people out for being those handful of trolls.

Public forum / open discussion.
Private forum / often one sided discussion.

Some of Jacks customers frequent this site and it has a dedicated forum with his name on it so to lump it in a negative context is not a smooth PR move and a tad unprofessional.

Just saying~

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude you seem like a straight shooter but your a little over the top about this one..... Peace

#275 10 years ago

I don't blame jack either for not posting here. The problem is that we expect him to because he's done so in the past to defuse the angry mob (ruby red announcement).
Jjp should follow the stern employee handbook when it comes to message boards.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't know. As an active pinsider, I can see how Jack might not want to deal with all the trolls here. The people that are his customers get access to his private forums. Those are the only people that should matter to him, don't you agree?

Two things. One, I'm totally cool with Jack not posting here. I wouldn't expect Gary to post here. I love that Keefer does and how bad ass would it bee if Lyman dropped in sometimes in the same capacity but on the Stern side?

And just to be clear, if either of them were made unwelcome in any way I'd be first in line to shove the offenders overboard. This should be a place for pinball. Stern shit talkers are just as irritating and stupid as JJP ones.

Secondly, those shouldn't be the only people that matter to him, no. And I think the problem is he agrees with you. I didn't order WOZ, and I'm not going to pre-order [any game ever]. So I don't count? Come on now. I'm super curious about the Hobbit! I'm afraid it's going to end up so pricey I won't be able to justify it, but man, tempt me! Don't tell me the place that's my pinball home is crap.

I've talked to Robin about the trolls and bad vibes here, I'm all for fixing those admitted problems. But we're not Darth Vader, you don't have to struggle to see the good in us. It's right here, in plain sight.

#277 10 years ago

Also, in full disclosure, it turns out I have 3 people on ignore, not 1, but I don't even remember who the other two idiots are.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You are missing the point I think. This place is completely unmoderated. Trolling regardless of how severe goes completely unmitigated. I realize you love pinside but the folks who run it don't really seem to care that they could have additional participation from game companies if they didn't have to deal with that. Other forums ban folks near immediately for any trolling at all. Only reason I post is specifically is to help folks with their games which is nearly impossible with the amount of total BS that goes on around here. I can just as easily do that just on a dedicated forum.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Two things. One, I'm totally cool with Jack not posting here. I wouldn't expect Gary to post here. I love that Keefer does and how bad ass would it bee if Lyman dropped in sometimes in the same capacity but on the Stern side?
And just to be clear, if either of them were made unwelcome in any way I'd be first in line to shove the offenders overboard. This should be a place for pinball. Stern shit talkers are just as irritating and stupid as JJP ones.
Secondly, those shouldn't be the only people that matter to him, no. And I think the problem is he agrees with you. I didn't order WOZ, and I'm not going to pre-order [any game ever]. So I don't count? Come on now. I'm super curious about the Hobbit! I'm afraid it's going to end up so pricey I won't be able to justify it, but man, tempt me! Don't tell me the place that's my pinball home is crap.
I've talked to Robin about the trolls and bad vibes here, I'm all for fixing those admitted problems. But we're not Darth Vader, you don't have to struggle to see the good in us. It's right here, in plain sight.

Well said, the force is strong with this one.

#280 10 years ago

Dang guys

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Jjp should follow the stern employee handbook when it comes to message boards.

I agree with this. Every time he posts here things go from bad to worse. It makes for good reading, but he shouldn't do it any more. If I were him (or Stern) I would make statements on the corporate website and nowhere else.

#282 10 years ago

We should commit ourselves to using the word "troll" more around here. It isn't used nearly enough.

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We should commit ourselves to using the word "troll" more around here. It isn't used nearly enough.

Stop trolling

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We have to use it because calling someone a dickbag, asshat, douche, fucknut, and shit for brains earns you a ban although probably more accurate

#285 10 years ago

There is a troll in LOTR if you select it in the settings.

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All Jack said was that someone was posting stuff on "that other site." Not sure worthy of pitchforks. He doesn't post on that other site(JJP forum) much anymore either so I wouldn't feel slighted by his absence.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You are missing the point I think. This place is completely unmoderated. Trolling regardless of how severe goes completely unmitigated. I realize you love pinside but the folks who run it don't really seem to care that they could have additional participation from game companies if they didn't have to deal with that. Other forums ban folks near immediately for any trolling at all. Only reason I post is specifically is to help folks with their games which is nearly impossible with the amount of total BS that goes on around here. I can just as easily do that just on a dedicated forum.

alex you are very helpful and i believe you have nothing but the best intentions when somebody needs help. but honestly i think you get a certain amount of pleasure combating the dirty dozen trolls here.

it makes for fun reading but please don't come across as the knight in shiny armor.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I mean look at this thread. Its full of over reactions. There are photos of a locked gate with a closed sign. Why would jack want to engage in that? I certainly wouldn't. You know things are pretty bad when I end up agreeing with Iceman in the thread

Geez what happened, I'm gone for awhile and I've got Mark agreeing with me on something AND not even Titties could derail this train wreck? Gonna turn that frown upside down Mark

Vex, you are using my "dirty dozen" reference

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

alex you are very helpful and i believe you have nothing but the best intentions when somebody needs help. but honestly i think you get a certain amount of pleasure combating the dirty dozen trolls here.
it makes for fun reading but please don't come across as the knight in shiny armor.

I really couldn't care less about perception of me personally. Tell the folks who's legitimate FS threads that purposefully get derailed and trolled by the same folks over and over. The mods do N O T H I N G! Robin said he will wave the ban stick in 2014. Let's see it. Start with me I don't care just get rid of the rest.

I bet all of the "dirty dozen" don't even think they are one of them but I can probably name all of them just from memory. And I think it's a few more than 12 but not much more.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

All Jack said was that someone was posting stuff on "that other site."

Maybe because I've heard him say it in person, so the tone was absolutely clear, it rubs me the wrong way more than other people. I felt the same way about that distributor, who's name I'm forgetting and don't want to guess in case I get it wrong, saying the same kind of shit talking about us, and then coming here to drum up business. Oh, we suck, but you're gonna hang out in case we buy something? F%^$ you too!

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Vaya con Dios, brah.
- Johnny Utah, Point Break. (1991)

"Let's do Life magazine".
Bill Babowski, Tin Men (1987)

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Just because you don't agree with the moderation doesn't mean there is none. We are not here to condemn people who don't agree with you.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#294 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Coglan's law, "bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint"….yes to the yummy Shue girl, man she was hot back then

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not trying to pick a fight but SERIOUSLY Aurich?
Jack has all sorts of crap happening with his company as we've all read.
He has a JJP site that he probably spends hours talking about and referring to day after day.
He refers to Pinside as "that other site" and you take offence to it?
He didn't call us a bunch of twits, or no-minds.
Not sure why you took offence to this comment but given what JJP is going through, how about lightening up and letting this go?

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My wife thinks this thread is hilarious……...

ugly-girl.jpg 20 KB

Wow! Is she a Troll?

#297 10 years ago

I read threads like this one and wonder what someone just discovering pinball and finding Pinside makes of it all. It can't be inviting or encouraging. Not saying there isn't a need for heated discussion and honest disagreement, but...

#298 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I read threads like this one and wonder what someone just discovering pinball and finding Pinside makes of it all. It can't be inviting or encouraging. Not saying there isn't a need for heated discussion and honest disagreement, but...

They head over to RGP.

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just because you don't agree with the moderation doesn't mean there is none. We are not here to condemn people who don't agree with you.

Other than editing curse words and moving threads show me examples?

I read nearly every thread. There isn't much of anything.

#300 10 years ago

Gotta have thick skin in this game of pinball making. That's why Stern admittedly doesn't read the internet forums, I'm sure getting ripped to shreds isn't too much fun for any of them and for Jack its not just on the "public forum", its on the "private forum" as well.

That said, you gotta be able to handle it, deal with it and move on without getting your feelings hurt, and its not an easy thing to do. Everybody makes mistakes, says the wrong things at times, to whatever degree.

I think you need to take the bad with the good and embrace it. Jack, Gary and anybody else better worry about the day people stop bitching, complaining and whining; when that day comes, nobody cares anymore and you are no longer relevant!

Uh oh, wifey just saw that nasty pic and comment, gotta go

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 561 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jjp-have-the-credibilty-left-to-take-pre-payment-for-3/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.