• Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Given the experience with WoZ pre-orders, can JJP use this model again?”

• Yes. I'm happy to send my money months or years in advance. 59 votes
    21%
  • No. I'll wait till theres an actual shipping game before i send my money 221 votes
    79%

(280 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP SIGN OLD.jpg
JJP SIGN NEW.jpg
JJP RIGHT SIDE LOT 2.jpg
JJP RIGHT SIDE LOT 1.jpg
JJP LEFT SIDE LOT.jpg
trolls.png
image-791.jpg
olivia-wilde-3.jpg
olivia.gif
ignore-button.jpg
TU.jpg
canvas.png
st-643.png
arnold shut up.gif
idiots.jpg
pinchroma.png

This topic is closed.

There are 561 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 10 years ago

Saw it in the Star-Ledger. Go ahead, call me a dipshit again.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You call yourself a developer... You can't even get markup language syntax correct
It's </emperor>.

I wish he would just provide a little support when people are having trouble with setting up Nucore...

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from Katiemarie83:

My friend who works at JJP said the factory was laid off again until next week. Everyone is unhappy and there seems to be part problems.

Confirmed!

Jack came on JJP forum and confirmed this

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

A Woz sold at auction last month for 6200 , not sure if it was an LE or not.

If your talking about Kingsport, it was a standard I believe.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quit fighting…..

sexy-texas-superfans-32.jpg 81 KB

God Bless Texas. Especially the good looking girls there.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quit fighting…..

sexy-texas-superfans-32.jpg 81 KB

Sweet Jesus I am going back to college !!!!

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I was a lot quicker my first time.

and the second and third........

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Confirmed!
Jack came on JJP forum and confirmed this

Would anyone like to change their vote?

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

If your talking about Kingsport, it was a standard I believe.

And remember with fees and tax, the buyer paid about $7200.00 for it.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Noah said these same words… check the Bible
teekee 5:32

Way to be offensive

So, you decided the game sucks so bad that enough people will buy them to create to many in the market. Hmmm, that makes sense.

I'm waiting for the flood of Stern 24s

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Sweet Jesus I am going back to college !!!!

Me too; We can audit a pair of tits, I mean a pair of classes.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

And remember with fees and tax, the buyer paid about $7200.00 for it.

That's correct. I believe it was Buddy's. I'm sure he can chime it to the final cost.

#213 10 years ago

A couple more from the great State of Texas…..

sexy-texas-superfans-33.jpgsexy-texas-superfans-33.jpg

#214 10 years ago

RackMultipart.14281.0_display_image.jpgRackMultipart.14281.0_display_image.jpg

#215 10 years ago

agh Houston this thread has been hijacked!!!

#216 10 years ago

Here you go from Jack…….

"We would expect to see every remaining LE game out of here in 90 days "ish" as we are told to say.

We are waiting on LE cabinets as our supplier was caught with bad weather in December and the holidays mid-week and he is on vacation this week - get everything made in America allright....by the way China is closed too for a month so who knows with that.

We did finally receive our WOZ cabinets from another industry supplier and because of popular demand they have beautiful digitally printed decals which is what we wanted originally. Too many people had banged up cabinets (operators) and demanded decal cabinets as we originally said all WOZ games would have.

We sent some people home today (6) for a few days as we have some temps in training. We must have pissed someone off as they posted some stuff on that other site.

We are building and shipping games. We have visitors here every day and we hope to do a decent news release tomorrow or Weds.

Also - the few games with the restart problem - we expect to have that easy fix ASAP as well. Thanks!!"

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I'm waiting for the flood of Stern 24s

Thank God they only made about 100 of those!

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here you go from Jack…….
"We would expect to see every remaining LE game out of here in 90 days "ish" as we are told to say.
We are waiting on LE cabinets as our supplier was caught with bad weather in December and the holidays mid-week and he is on vacation this week - get everything made in America allright....by the way China is closed too for a month so who knows with that.
We did finally receive our WOZ cabinets from another industry supplier and because of popular demand they have beautiful digitally printed decals which is what we wanted originally. Too many people had banged up cabinets (operators) and demanded decal cabinets as we originally said all WOZ games would have.
We sent some people home today (6) for a few days as we have some temps in training. We must have pissed someone off as they posted some stuff on that other site.
We are building and shipping games. We have visitors here every day and we hope to do a decent news release tomorrow or Weds.
Also - the few games with the restart problem - we expect to have that easy fix ASAP as well. Thanks!!"

Honestly, this really doesn't sound too bad. Man people make a big fuss over anything.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thank God they only made about 100 of those!

So you do have inside info from Stern. Ok, its all making sense now.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Katiemarie83:

You'll know I told the truth when you see the next batch of standard games shipping with decals on the cabinet. They don't have parts for LE games.

Jack said that a temp that was sent home must have posted on the "other" site (Pin*ide). I wonder who that poster is?

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wouldn't the original printed/cleared cabinets be good for operators? I imagine those would be harder "bang up" than a decal, which can easily be torn or scratched in a location setting.

#222 10 years ago

I seriously call BS if the machine I purchased comes with cabinet decals....

That's NOT what I bought.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn't the original printed/cleared cabinets be good for operators? I imagine those would be harder "bang up" than a decal, which can easily be torn or scratched in a location setting.

Except decalling a cabinet is easy. The glossy ones with the direct print really can't be repaired without serious art skill. And yes the gloss is durable but ops who move games from location to location banging a cabinet on a door frame changes are it's going to get damaged.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Are you a standard or an LE?

LE's aren't decals..

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Did I stutter?

Say about 600+ games have been made I guess around 20 to 25 games have been listed for sale. Do the math -- that's about 3% to 4% not a flood. Factor in financial issues etc and you've got a very very small number of people selling because they don't like the game even with the board issues. Your "flood" comment is just your agenda for whatever reason you have to teardown JJP.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Say about 600+ games have been made I guess around 20 to 25 games have been listed for sale. Do the math -- that's about 3% to 4% not a flood. Factor in financial issues etc and you've got a very very small number of people selling because they don't like the game even with the board issues. Your "flood" comment is just your agenda for whatever reason you have to teardown JJP.

Quoted for fact...

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I feel you.

As would I.

So does that mean there is another class of WOZ games to go along with ecle, numbered standard, standards and ruby red's; without decals and with?

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Are you a standard or an LE?

LE's aren't decals..

I have a WOZECLE coming.

#229 10 years ago

In the original flyer for WOZ Standard, it says Digitally Printed Solid Wood Cabinets" - nothing about decals. Although I can definitely see the advantage for easily replacing the decals for us operators.

Then again, is there the disclaimer "subject to change" - similar to Stern?

image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg
#230 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

You can't reason with a child.

I kid Teekee. I hope are buy one for under market value, for all your hard work.

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a WOZECLE coming.

Then you have nothing to worry about. Read it again. LE cabinets vs standard. Decals are for standards.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

LOL, I'm sure you've seen all of them that changed hands. Pinside, classifieds, Ebay, CL, private sales.

I'm guessing many more than any of us know. Never expected so many this early… and we're only a little over half delivered? UGH!

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Except decalling a cabinet is easy. The glossy ones with the direct print really can't be repaired without serious art skill. And yes the gloss is durable but ops who move games from location to location banging a cabinet on a door frame changes are it's going to get damaged.

Yes, but most LEs went to home collectors who take care of their stuff. I gotta admit, the clearcoated cab on my WOZ was a very pleasant surprise... incredible finish on it. Hopefully the decals go on standard WOZs and ECLEs still get cleared. I think that was the original sales pitch, anway...

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here you go from Jack…….
"We must have pissed someone off as they posted some stuff on that other site.
"

How do you think this really went down at JJP Headquarters?

JJP Follower: Jack, we've been monitoring pinside, its the usual shitstorm, nothing our faithful cant handle
Jack: Excellent.
JJP Follower: Yup, going with the standard deny/deflect/personal-attack strategy... working great as usual.
JJP Follower: Oh crap. Someone leaked the fact that we laid off workers....
Jack: Just call the guy a moron....
JJP Follower: Got it. should we post more pictures of the boxes lined up on the shipping dock?
Jack: Whatever Ice and Alex think will work.
JPP Peon: Oh $h!t Someone actually confirmed the layoff story... denying and name-calling isn't working!
Jack: Oh FFS... now I need to address the f'in customers again..... sigh.
JJP Peon: Sorry.... oh, btw, maybe sneak the decal thing in like its actually a FEATURE?

Note: this post in no way was meant to impersonate an actual conversation. It is a parody. Any resemblance to actual conversations is purely coincidental (but not entirely surprising)

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, but most LEs went to home collectors who take care of their stuff. I gotta admit, the clearcoated cab on my WOZ was a very pleasant surprise... incredible finish on it. Hopefully the decals go on standard WOZs and ECLEs still get cleared. I think that was the original sales pitch, anway...

ECLE's are NOT getting decals

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Except decalling a cabinet is easy. The glossy ones with the direct print really can't be repaired without serious art skill.

Never re-decaled a cab before, but seems it would be easier to put a fresh decal over a printed and cleared cab, rather than having to strip the old decals off first. So why not just make the decals available and call it good, unless it is a price cutting move only?

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Never re-decaled a cab before, but seems it would be easier to put a fresh decal over a printed and cleared cab, rather than having to strip the old decals off first. So why not just make the decals available and call it good, unless it is a price cutting move only?

You can't decal over the clear. When you get your game it will be obvious why as you will have a cleared cabinet.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

ECLE's are NOT getting decals

How many numbered standards have been shipped? Maybe numbered standards with the original cab will be the most rare out of them all. LOL.

#239 10 years ago

A bit over the top, but made me chuckle anyway. Thumbs up for the good laugh.

Quoted from lowepg:

JJP Follower: Jack, we've been monitoring pinside, its the usual shitstorm, nothing our faithful cant handle
JJP Follower: Yup, going with the standard deny/deflect/personal-attack strategy... working great as usual.
JJP Follower: Got it. should we post more pictures of the boxes lined up on the shipping dock?
JPP Peon: Oh shit. Someone actually confirmed the layoff story... denying and name-calling isn't working!
Jack: Oh for fucks sake... now I need to address the fucking customers again..... sigh.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

JPP Peon: Oh shit. Someone actually confirmed the layoff story... denying and name-calling isn't working!
Jack: Oh for fucks sake... now I need to address the fucking customers again..... sigh.

Lowepg and Teekee spoon.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You can't decal over the clear. When you get your game it will be obvious why as you will have a cleared cabinet.

Thanks for clearing that up.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thanks for the chuckle.

I REALLY needed that about right now.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You sure have a lot of time on your hands.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

You can't reason with a child.
I kid Teekee. I hope are buy one for under market value, for all your hard work.

^^^^^^^ Damn Funny^^^^^^

That's no joke about "hard work" all hours of the day and night!!

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Correct.

Decals suck for games that are moved around.

Painted/cleared cabs are much more durable.

We always dreaded machines that were decalled when I was an op.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Correct.
Decals suck for games that are moved around.
Painted/cleared cabs are much more durable.

But they said ops are clamoring for decals. What would you know...err, oh wait. Never mind.

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here you go from Jack…….
We have visitors here every day and we hope to do a decent news release tomorrow or Weds.
"

I'm in their area all the time, i live about 15 minutes, electrical supply is like 2 minutes away (i'm and electrical contractor) and in laws live about 5 minutes away.

Can you really just stop in there any time and try out games and see what's going on?
I have no intentions of dropping 7 grand on a pinball machine, but it sounds cool to see.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Can anyone go by JJP's tomorrow and take a picture of the parking lot?

Post edited by teekee : Some can't take a joke regarding JJP... Long live JJP!

parkinglot.jpgparkinglot.jpg

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I was just there and I tried to take a picture of the parking lot but this damn sign was in the way…

Doublethink- is the act of ordinary people simultanously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct.

Tell me about the flood of games again.

#250 10 years ago

Nobody ever wins a fight.

- Dalton, Roadhouse. (1989)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 561 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jjp-have-the-credibilty-left-to-take-pre-payment-for-3/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.