• Latest reply 7 years ago by icust298
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpc95-batt.jpg
#1 7 years ago

Just curious before I start soldering if it matters which of the 3 negative and 3 positive locations on the board that I solder my wires to? Adding a remote battery holder and I'm guessing as long as it's negative to negative and positive to positive it won't matter but wanted to make sure first. Thanks in advance!

#2 7 years ago

Which game? And yes, it matters, because batteries are in series.

#3 7 years ago

You need to find the terminals that are 0V and 4.5V. The 'middle' terminals are only connected to the board through the other batteries

#4 7 years ago

yes it matters.. take a photo or tell us the game and we will show you

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Just curious before I start soldering if it matters which of the 3 negative and 3 positive locations on the board that I solder my wires to? Adding a remote battery holder and I'm guessing as long as it's negative to negative and positive to positive it won't matter but wanted to make sure first. Thanks in advance!

Depending on the MPU, Some of the contact points are isolated and aren't connected to anything other than through the original AA batteries.

What MPU are you working with?

#6 7 years ago

Sorry it's for a WPC 95, NBA Fastbreak.

#7 7 years ago

Positive is connected to the unbanded side of diode D2. It shows a trace from that diode to a hole marked 1 on the battery holder. The negative goes to the board ground which is a hole marked 4 on the battery holder. The markings on the board may be under the battery holder. Just follow the trace from the diode back to the battery holder.

The schematic shows a connector J213 that was to be used for remote holders, but I don't think those were added. It shows pin 1 as (+), pin 2 and 3 not used and pin 4 as (-).

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The schematic shows a connector J213 that was to be used for remote holders, but I don't think those were added. It shows pin 1 as (+), pin 2 and 3 not used and pin 4 as (-).

J213 has no header added but is is also possible to use and direct solder a wire on it. (careful with electrostatic discharge)

wpc95-batt.jpgwpc95-batt.jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

J213 has no header added but is is also possible to use and direct solder a wire on it. (careful with electrostatic discharge)

Thanks for the helps guys, it's much appreciated!! So I can either tie into J213 or just use the positive and negative that they're connected to in the image? Basically top right, bottom left.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

o I can either tie into J213 or just use the positive and negative that they're connected to in the image? Basically top right, bottom left.

Yep. But be aware what zaza shows is from the component side. Not sure if you are leaving the battery holder on the board or removing it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. But be aware what zaza shows is from the component side. Not sure if you are leaving the battery holder on the board or removing it.

Yep, that makes sense, the old battery holder will be removed. Really appreciate all the help from everyone on this one!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-it-matter-where-i-connect-the-wires-for-a-remote-battery-holder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.