(Topic ID: 195588)

Does it makes sense to specialize collection in a certain generation?

By volcanolotus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dsmoke1986
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago

I knew I was getting old when all the the DJs started sounding like a bunch of braying jackasses.

#23 6 years ago

My short time experience is in 18 months I have wound up with 5 pins. They are all the same brand and same family of circuit boards. The pins are all 35 years old and things are always happening that I am learning how to fix.

Electronics troubleshooting has never been my top skill (but I'm learning) so it has been nice to be able to swap out circuit boards to help isolate the issue at had.

Nuts and bolts and screws will be the same across any mechanical item. Either you know how to use a screwdriver, or you don't.

If you are strong with electronics trouble shooting and repair techniques, then mix it up. However, if electronics is not your strong suit, I suggest staying one brand and one system for awhile while you are starting out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-it-makes-sense-to-specialize-collection-in-a-certain-generation?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.