(Topic ID: 13561)

Does Fish Tales hold up in a small collection?

By johnkinkokomo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

I have standard flips on my BSD. I am probably going to change them to back to lightning flips, black ones...

I don't hate lightning flips at all, I just don't think they make that much difference. If you suck you suck, lightning flips ain't going to change that....

In my Fishtales video they are lightning flips, you just can't tell because the light obscures the bolt on the flips...

#52 12 years ago

+1 More for the Fish Tales.

I picked one up a couple month ago and the damn this is pretty addicting. I'll say.."You mean all I have to so is get the 3 jackpots during multiball." I have yet to do it...then again I probably only have 50+ games on it.

The music was real annoying at first. I absolutely hate country music in general...just way to whinny and depressing but I'm completely over the tanggy sound and actually rather enjoy it.

On a another interesting note...I not a big fan of LEDs. Just completely to bright for my liking. I bought a WPT that was LEDs up and the big inserts...just WAAAY to bright..almost blinding. I had some coin takers I bought at a show a while ago and decided to throw some color LEDs in the fish inserts. Mostly cuz my playfield is perfect in the area with no insert wear...I wanted to keep the heat away from lifting the insert and wearing them...etc

After I installed the LEDs there the rest of the game just didn't seems right. I added whites to the rest of the green fish inserts...then a couple purples in the fish inserts. When I was done almost all the inserts had LEDs in them. For some strange reason I really like them in this game. Maybe because of the smaller insert size...maybe because of the loud artwork..either way it works

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Firebaall said:Easy to play, hard to master. FT is one of the very best for novices and pros. There's a reason why they get the most play in a collection!

+1
Firebaall called it. There are very few games out there that you can say this about. Approachable for guests and non-pinheads, but lots of challenge in there for the pro too. I think MM is another pin like this (although I'm hardly comparing the two).
I played this game a ton when it was released (along with T2 and TAF; another approachable yet challenging pin) and I don't think it gets the respect it deserves. Like whitewater, I think FT is a bit of a sleeper that, in 12-18 months, you won't find for less than $2500-$3000. I would pick it up if the deal is right. You won't regret it and it seems to be hot right now since clean examples are hard to find.
I was looking for one for months and just picked up a good routed example for $2k shipped. Since it has zero PF wear due to factory Mylar on the PF, I feel like I made out great on the deal.

+2

FT is a classic, well rounded pin table.
Go for it!

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

+1 More for the Fish Tales.
I picked one up a couple month ago and the damn this is pretty addicting. I'll say.."You mean all I have to so is get the 3 jackpots during multiball." I have yet to do it...then again I probably only have 50+ games on it.
The music was real annoying at first. I absolutely hate country music in general...just way to whinny and depressing but I'm completely over the tanggy sound and actually rather enjoy it.
On a another interesting note...I not a big fan of LEDs. Just completely to bright for my liking. I bought a WPT that was LEDs up and the big inserts...just WAAAY to bright..almost blinding. I had some coin takers I bought at a show a while ago and decided to throw some color LEDs in the fish inserts. Mostly cuz my playfield is perfect in the area with no insert wear...I wanted to keep the heat away from lifting the insert and wearing them...etc
After I installed the LEDs there the rest of the game just didn't seems right. I added whites to the rest of the green fish inserts...then a couple purples in the fish inserts. When I was done almost all the inserts had LEDs in them. For some strange reason I really like them in this game. Maybe because of the smaller insert size...maybe because of the loud artwork..either way it works

Report in when you Master Deep sea multiball...with the lightning Flips.

I never did it in 4 yrs of ownership!

#55 12 years ago

Thanks John, will do. You know me too well I think. It's in the garage. Nice game, slight fade, has a sound issue where it hangs on a note. Got lots of stuff with it including a nice boat and lots of new plastics. It needs a complete shop...gotta get it downstairs first.

#56 12 years ago

Good fit, My first 3 were (Sky Jump doesn't count) T2, BMFE & FT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-fish-tales-hold-up-in-a-small-collection/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.