(Topic ID: 281460)

Does eating cereal make you play better?

By cdnpinbacon

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

QuispQuake (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
B9FDB8D8-C72F-4F07-A55E-3EC37473F90A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
2E7FDEB4-5486-4237-8FB0-BDBD22D3CD9A (resized).jpeg
play_better (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
D208B792-7D9D-44AD-8169-6AAE74EEAF7E (resized).jpeg
A768828C-58E4-465F-AF90-4AE8DB67ED4F (resized).jpeg
FA1B97F9-D393-4973-A0AA-68E966EFA3DF (resized).jpeg
6F692E54-8C48-4235-B582-D750277C7D56 (resized).jpeg
Quisp (resized).png
external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
fat_tony_toy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I like to eat before I play pinball. I have noticed if I eat cereal i play great. I ate about 20 KFC chicken nuggets tonight and didn’t want to play anymore. Do you eat before you play pinball? Could eating be a key ingredient in your pinball performance/tournament play?

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Wilford Brimley would like to speak to you all......

Haha! Always remember him starring in "the thing" ..locked up , infected and screaming I'm all right now.

#52 3 years ago

Would it not be a good idea to bring the little cereal boxes that transform into a portable bowl when you travel to tournaments? Consume said box/bowl aprox 1/2 hour before your turn? I wouldn't laugh at all.

#55 3 years ago

My personal tournament cereal of choice

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

It completely depends on the person. Whatever makes you comfortable and what your body is used to is good.

So deli meats or cereal before you play pinball? Is Drinking Shasta or pop cheating?

#58 3 years ago

If you poured Shasta in a bowl of capn crunch before a tournament...let’s be real ..that’s cheating more than slide-saves.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Bruce Springsteen never eats before a show.
To be at his best for four hours, he can't have blood/resources diverted to his stomach.
For you, I suggest a square meal an hour or two before you play and then no food at all at- and during game time.
Coffee or RedBull will sharpen your reflexes.

Good points however, I would go further to say A minimum of 1 hour and half...because of possible doodie urge while you are playing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-eating-cereal-make-you-play-better?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.