(Topic ID: 233477)

Does Dwight have a good track record of 'finishing' code?

By Whysnow

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

codeupdate (resized).JPG
2vwgtd (resized).jpg
2vv4ug (resized).jpg
4C34C55B-DA4B-4E00-A022-051504FE73AB.gif
IMG_20190111_124930 (resized).jpg
BF0AC95E-64E9-47B2-AF18-0B1F20C2DA19 (resized).jpeg
wham (resized).JPG
cbe3f504aeb202be5c419ae15340e455cbdb8fef (resized).jpg
f7404ce53dfe0830088a72dfeb079a23a6752fbc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 5 years ago

to came back to the initial ask (and than let's admit more the GB code), i can understand lots of talks here, not only those who are complaining (i'm with them), but those trying to explain things (as Josh, simply because he's a coder and he knows what he's talking about)

surelly 95% (or even more) of GB owners are even not understanding what the other 5% is talking about...
i will call them "lambda" players (please, dont take this as negative of course)
they are simply playing pinball for just the fun of playing pinball (and its nice as it !), they have not noticed that one insert is never used, and with no surprise they will never reach the big wizard mode (on GB, but mostly on all their other pins), dont tell them about exploits or unbalanced scores...

now, for the 5% remaining, will call them "players" (and few have surelly some coding abilities), GB is with no doubt far from being complete or good as it, its missing more than a wizard mode

exposing this, may be the only question is : did STERN have time to spare for these 5% (or 4 3 2... 1%) !? i hope they have, but...

than, as lots have already said here above : if for you code is one of the most important point, than do not buy early (or stop complaining)
or if you even dont know what C++ is, than go for it, buy new pins, and enjoy

as a player (and knowing what i've said above), i did made the mistake with GB, buying it NIB when just out of the factory...
after having lots of talks in the GB topic, sharing with others more than few (good ? well i think so) code/gameplay ideas, and seeing nothing was coming, i simply sell the GB :/

i made the mistake once, i had my lesson...
after GB i than get TWD which was complete, and now same with DI, no bad surprise

a last word, i like when the guys involved in the pinball world are here to talk with us
Josh is sharing in the AP topics, and talking about DI, its nice to have Ted there
in the other way, i can understand not evbd want to be here, and/or may be they simply dont have the green flag from their companies !?

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Here you go Episode 76 – Dwight Sullivan...

about LOOPIN SUPERS in GB :

1 week later
#267 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

To summarize:
- Less than 1 in 10 ppl who shell out 6+k for a nib machine will learn all the inserts on the pf and all the rules.
- We should stop debating about companies that sell incomplete products because so few fully understand the products.
- If you understand computer programming, you’ll be okay with a potentially indefinite wait for a complete product.
- If you’re unlucky and understand programming, rules etc., and you’re unhappy with the product, get rid of it.
Um, okay.
-

i may misunderstand, or even more, my explanations were simply not clear (sry for that, i'm not english natural speaker)
seems we're on the same boat here, i'm NOT happy by the actual situation of the GB (that's mostly why i sold it)

1 week later
#288 5 years ago

can we talk about T3 ? as may be we will get an update there
there're some bugs already knew from time, but not sure i've read something about the "add grenade" in the MYSTERY list
i suppose D. was initialy thinking of putting "grenades" in the game, working as a "smart bomb" with the pistol trigger !?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 21.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-dwight-ever-finish-code?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.