Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jigs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

443 (resized).jpg
    340 (resized).jpg
    70 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jigs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I’ll start looking for a tv or bicycle box.

That's going to cost a lot more than it used to. Just speaking from experience from the last PF I shipped a few months back. I had it in a plywood box, but looking at prices for boxes above that size produced much higher numbers.

I had exact weight and dimensions when I printed my fedex label.

I see it's on the receivers dime, just be aware that fedex came behind me two weeks after the buyer received their PF and increased my shipping by $21, due to "further investigation" or some nonsense. Cost me nearly $100 to ship.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Wrapping it in cardboard and shipping it is just fine. No crating necessary at all! This isn't the Mona Lisa we're talking about here. A layer or two of cardboard is all that's necessary.

I think somehow my comment was taken that he should crate this.

Quoted from zr11990:

I’ll start looking for a tv or bicycle box.

I took this as he was going to ship in one of these type of cardboard boxes. Which, ironically are more expensive than shipping a crate.

Quoted from pinostalgia:

i shipped a playfield two years ago from ca to tn,after shopping around i settled on usps at $52

I have also in the past shipped coast to coast for around $60 a few years ago.

My point was that the shipping rates have changed. Shipping a 4" TV box is now more expensive than a 3" crate. It's got to do with size and not weight.

Either way, I'm curious on what the OP will pay for shipping. BTW, the PF I shipped was a blown out FP I sold for $50 and not a Mona Lisa as well.

3 months later
    #28 3 years ago

Curious how much shipping ended up being on this?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

I don't know. It was never sent. If the OP is reading this please give this to someone local to you that may need it.
    Thanks

That's a bummer.

At the end of the day, crating a PF, even a somewhat blown out version ,in my opinion, is the easiest way to ship. Looking for a cardboard box, is time consuming, wonky and always a random size, which equates to random pricing. A crate is very cheap, easy to build and gives you the cheapest shipping rates, and not to mention is very secure and protected way to ship.

I just received a PF on Sunday from Wade Krause. West Coast to East Coast 5 day fedex ground and it was about $71 I believe, You can get material to build 3-4 crates for around $40. Takes about an hour to build all 4 with minimal effort.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jigs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-want-a-old-funky-funhouse-pf?tu=jigs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.