Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jigs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

443 (resized).jpg
    340 (resized).jpg
    70 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Before I throw it away. I wish I had the talent to restore it but alas I’m more autistic than artistic.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

I'd like it!

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Before I throw it away. I wish I had the talent to restore it but alas I’m more autistic than artistic.
    [quoted image]

please do not throw away anything pinball related. just post it for free on your local Craigslist, somebody will take it.

#5 3 years ago

If the user above doesn’t take it I will!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

If the user above doesn’t take it I will!

the op wants to throw it away,i highly doubt that he's willing to ship...

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

[quoted image]

If I was in Houston, I would pick it up for sure. Maybe PinballManiac40 would be interested?

#8 3 years ago

Pabloto350 asked first. I will give it to him. I will take it to the uspo on his dime and on my own time. I will have to make a box and that is a PITA.

#9 3 years ago

We certainly appreciate your effort. We'll gladly pay you for your time, packing and shipping costs.

Chrissi & Paul

#10 3 years ago

Wow,another great deal from a great guy on Pinside!!

#11 3 years ago

Didn’t mean to make it sound like it was just a huge inconvenience. It isn’t. It’s just finding a box big enough to wrap it. People have done it for me so I don’t mind doing it for others and shipping the only cost. I’ll start looking for a tv or bicycle box.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Pabloto350 asked first. I will give it to him. I will take it to the uspo on his dime and on my own time. I will have to make a box and that is a PITA.

You should visit my "Pay it forward, Give a Heart" thread. I see you don't have a heart, and this kind of generosity deserves to be paid forward.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-give-a-heart-

#13 3 years ago

People here have done plenty to help me. I do not mind doing the same.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I’ll start looking for a tv or bicycle box.

That's going to cost a lot more than it used to. Just speaking from experience from the last PF I shipped a few months back. I had it in a plywood box, but looking at prices for boxes above that size produced much higher numbers.

I had exact weight and dimensions when I printed my fedex label.

I see it's on the receivers dime, just be aware that fedex came behind me two weeks after the buyer received their PF and increased my shipping by $21, due to "further investigation" or some nonsense. Cost me nearly $100 to ship.

#15 3 years ago

i shipped a playfield two years ago from ca to tn,after shopping around i settled on usps at $52. i was lucky in that i reused a box that i've received in the past.
    the box was "home made" with some type of foam panel insulation and was very lightweight.

#16 3 years ago

The last time I shipped one like this I sandwiched it between two pieces of cardboard that I taped together and it was 50-60 bucks. This isn’t a NOS rare of or a expensive repro or restore it’s a beat to shit takeout that I assume will go on the mans wall. I doubt if he wants it put in a crate.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

please do not throw away anything pinball related. just post it for free on your local Craigslist, somebody will take it.

My first pin was F14. One segment of the display was out, I replaced it with an led one and tossed the old one out.....man, a couple months later and I realized that was a stupid move.

Keep everything, someone wants it.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The last time I shipped one like this I sandwiched it between two pieces of cardboard that I taped together and it was 50-60 bucks. This isn’t a NOS rare of or a expensive repro or restore it’s a beat to shit takeout that I assume will go on the mans wall. I doubt if he wants it put in a crate.

Wrapping it in cardboard and shipping it is just fine. No crating necessary at all! This isn't the Mona Lisa we're talking about here. A layer or two of cardboard is all that's necessary.

Lately I've been messing around with restoring playfields, and am looking for a project. We just happen to have a Funhouse, and I thought this would be an awesome winter project to restore.

I'm just finishing up a Cyclone playfield that was pretty beat up..

70 (resized).jpg70 (resized).jpg

Any our Grand Prix I finished up earlier..

340 (resized).jpg340 (resized).jpg
    443 (resized).jpg443 (resized).jpg

So while it is very rough, a lot of people have brought playfields much worse back to life, and I'd love to try it!

Again please just let me know how much, and I'll gladly send it.

Thanks!

-Paul

#19 3 years ago

Wow I’ll send my next of I need restored to you

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Wrapping it in cardboard and shipping it is just fine. No crating necessary at all! This isn't the Mona Lisa we're talking about here. A layer or two of cardboard is all that's necessary.

I think somehow my comment was taken that he should crate this.

Quoted from zr11990:

I’ll start looking for a tv or bicycle box.

I took this as he was going to ship in one of these type of cardboard boxes. Which, ironically are more expensive than shipping a crate.

Quoted from pinostalgia:

i shipped a playfield two years ago from ca to tn,after shopping around i settled on usps at $52

I have also in the past shipped coast to coast for around $60 a few years ago.

My point was that the shipping rates have changed. Shipping a 4" TV box is now more expensive than a 3" crate. It's got to do with size and not weight.

Either way, I'm curious on what the OP will pay for shipping. BTW, the PF I shipped was a blown out FP I sold for $50 and not a Mona Lisa as well.

#21 3 years ago

The guys on the "looking for play field's buy/sell/trade" thread would know:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen

My guess is $75-$100 to ship depending on where it's going.

#22 3 years ago

DOH, wish I'd seen this over the weekend.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

DOH, wish I'd seen this over the weekend.

I am about to list some play fields, if you are looking for anything.

#24 3 years ago

Love the pinball community

#25 3 years ago

Maybe a Pinsider in your area has an empty CPR box they could give you?

1 month later
    #26 3 years ago

Any luck finding a box or pieces cardboard?

#27 3 years ago

My secretary went on vacation and I have been so busy I haven’t had time to do anything. The PF is in the closet and it won’t go to anyone but you like i promotes but no I haven’t found a box. I’m waiting for someone to buy a big TV and I’ll steal the box

2 months later
    #28 3 years ago

Curious how much shipping ended up being on this?

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Curious how much shipping ended up being on this?

I don't know. It was never sent. If the OP is reading this please give this to someone local to you that may need it.
    Thanks

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

I don't know. It was never sent. If the OP is reading this please give this to someone local to you that may need it.
    Thanks

That's a bummer.

At the end of the day, crating a PF, even a somewhat blown out version ,in my opinion, is the easiest way to ship. Looking for a cardboard box, is time consuming, wonky and always a random size, which equates to random pricing. A crate is very cheap, easy to build and gives you the cheapest shipping rates, and not to mention is very secure and protected way to ship.

I just received a PF on Sunday from Wade Krause. West Coast to East Coast 5 day fedex ground and it was about $71 I believe, You can get material to build 3-4 crates for around $40. Takes about an hour to build all 4 with minimal effort.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-want-a-old-funky-funhouse-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.