(Topic ID: 92329)

Does anyone use/have a generic "Bill of Sale" for a pin?

By Nimbus

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nimbus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I am new to selling on Pinside, but have sold a few pins locally. So far it has simply been I get the cash and the individual gets the pin.

I recently sold a pin to a buyer who was more into the theme (Star Wars) than into pins. I don't have a problem with that, but when I went over the machine with the individual there were a LOT of questions. I gave him contact information for a couple local pinball techs in the area. But this got me to thinking, it might be good to have a "Bill of Sale" so the buyer doesn't come back and want a refund. I don't believe there would be any recourse for a cash sale - a sale is a sale, but you just never know. It is more of an issue of how much time something like that could take up. Time that I wouldn't want to waste. I was thinking that a "Bill of Sale" would at least be something that could be referred to if a buyer has buyer's remorse.

Probably just overthinking it because of this last buyer, but I am interested in other's thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

Google search terms "generic bill of sale" you should be able to find a suitable free form to print.

#3 9 years ago

I did when buying for business but have not when buying for home use.
    Always just kept it simple and wrote something up.

#4 9 years ago

I typically write a receipt and include the terms, 'as-is' and 'no expressed or implied warranty'. Include the date and dollar amount to avoid/minimize any future problems. You never know when that simple piece of paper will be needed.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#5 9 years ago

Other than buying new or getting the original on a HUO machine I've never asked or gotten...or been asked to give a receipt

#6 9 years ago

I work for a major bank owned print mail facility....
    I can create a PDF bill of sale doc and e-mail to you - if you like.

Send me a PM request if you want - will take me 10 minutes.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

I work for a major bank owned print mail facility....
    I can create a PDF bill of sale doc and e-mail to you - if you like.
    Send me a PM request if you want - will take me 10 minutes.

That is pretty awesome of you to help and in fact its probably not a bad idea to use them. I'd even consider using one for my next sale.

#8 9 years ago

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts on this.

Very much appreciated. ejg10532626 I will PM you as soon as I hit "Send post".

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-usehave-a-generic-bill-of-sale-for-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.