Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0917_(Large).JPG
    DSCN0848_(Large).JPG
    DSC_6729_(Custom).JPG
    #1 12 years ago

I know Novus #3 shouldn't be used for the plastics and playfield, but I would hate to not use it if I bought it. Does anyone use Novus #3 for their pins and how?

#2 12 years ago

Yes. I use a mixture 50/50 novus 3 & 2 on the playfield then follow up with straight novus 2.

#3 12 years ago

#3 is for ground in serious dirt isn't it? I tried to use it once on a seriously grungy NF PF but it had no effect. I ended up having to use the Treasure Cove system to get it clean.

#4 12 years ago

I have used it on metal parts with good success!

#5 12 years ago

People add it to tumbling media. I've used it to clean white flipper bats, but would not use it on the playfield. It's quite gritty and abrasive.

#6 12 years ago

I used it on metal parts until I finally bought some Mother's polish.

#7 12 years ago

I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it and it got all the scuffs out and followed up with Novus 2 then 1. I also used it on a translite glass I had that had heavy scratches on it and it worked great on it with some elbow grease.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it

Question, how do you get "ball swirls" on a translite?

#9 12 years ago

I used it once.

Once.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Cirqus Voltaire has a mini game in the back box with a ball in it.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I used it once.

Once.

seems like a good idea to get the 3-pack of 1,2,3 but the key is #2 for most applications.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

TomGWI said:I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it

LOL

Never had a use for Nov3

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jsandjs:

Jeff_PHX_AZ said:I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it
    Jeff_PHX_AZ said:Question, how do you get "ball swirls" on a translite?

Well that explains that then I never played a CV or even seen one.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

jsandjs said:Jeff_PHX_AZ said:I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it

Oh yeah... I forgot about the ping pong popcorn popper that has no real point to it.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jeff_PHX_AZ said:jsandjs said:Jeff_PHX_AZ said:I've used it on my CV translite that had heavy ball swirls on it
    Oh yeah... I forgot about the ping pong popcorn popper that has no real point to it.

Went to ipdb.com to get a close look at this machine, and really cant tell theres a PF in the translite it must be real small and useless like you said. Beautiful machine with all the colors, definite acid trip pin!

#16 12 years ago

I've used it for what it is designed to do, remove heavy scratches from plastic. Follow it up with Novus 2 to remove the fine scratches.

Novus 3 and 2 are polishes, not cleaners.
    DSC_6729_(Custom).JPGDSC_6729_(Custom).JPG

#17 12 years ago

I use #3 to get heavy scratches out of clear ramps, then #2 to remove the fine scratches left by the #3.

#18 12 years ago

I have found N3 and N1 to be useless more or less. I haven't found anything that N3 could do better than N2.

#19 12 years ago

Here's another example of using Novus 3 then 2. Someone had scratched the "F" word into the back panel. I sanded the scratches as they were pretty deep and I had to level out the surface. I then removed the deep scratches with Novus 3 and a foam buffing wheel on my drill. It took quite a bit of polishing. I then followed up with Novus 2. Trust me, if I used Novus 2 alone I'd probably still be in the garage polishing.

Not all the scratches are gone, but it is much, much better. You now have to look closely to see them where before you could notice it when you were standing back and playing the game. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic before I sanded. But you can still see how well I got out the scratches from sanding.

DSCN0848_(Large).JPGDSCN0848_(Large).JPG DSCN0917_(Large).JPGDSCN0917_(Large).JPG

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I've used it for what it is designed to do, remove heavy scratches from plastic. Follow it up with Novus 2 to remove the fine scratches.

Novus 3 and 2 are polishes, not cleaners.

Novus3 is for heavy scratches in plastic or coated surfaces. It has a heaver "grit" to it. You must follow up with Novus2 in order to polish the shine back. These are polishers and work basically the same as auto polishes, I believe Novus is used in automotive scratch/polish kits for things such as head lights, bumpers etc.

The treasure trove polish kits are basically the same thing, just better.

I have used Novus3 with some very great results, especially on mylar. Apply Novus3 in hard straight lines, follow up with Novus2 in circles, like you would wax a car or play field. I have also used Novus3 in the tumbler and had pretty amazing results. My balls look amazing!! I have used balls that look better then brand new mirror balls. Buy standard balls, tumble with walnut media and Novus3 for three days. They look amazing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-use-novus-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.