Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by fusion301
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sweepstakes2-free_ball.jpg
    RACE-O-RAMA.JPG
    Sweepstakes3.jpg
    Sweepstakes2.jpg
    Sweepstakes.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Was sitting here thinking about when I first got into pinball. I thought I only owned one Pin in my life which is a TZ until I remembered the Marx's Sweepstakes Pinball I had as a kid. I can still remember playing that thing with my dad in the 70's.

Sweepstakes.jpgSweepstakes.jpg Sweepstakes2.jpgSweepstakes2.jpg Sweepstakes3.jpgSweepstakes3.jpg

#2 11 years ago

If they do there not saying 11 pop bumpers and one flipper, how many MB modes are there? Can you stack'em? Do you have LED's in it?

#3 11 years ago

LOL! I was about 8 when I had that machine back in the 70's, just a toy but thought it would bring back some memories to someone. That was funny though!

#4 11 years ago

Is that an LCD in the backglass?Looks to be very maitenance free!Did you get that NIB?Wonder what it is worth now?

#5 11 years ago

Very cool. My mom picked up a pinball machine from a garage sale that was either a Marx or something from Sears in the late 70s. Different than that one, but I loved it. Then one day it was gone from our garage sale along with my comics. The seed was planted though. 17 pins later - oh my.

#6 11 years ago

I was only cool enough to own the little smaller table top versions.

I have seen and played these but never owned one back in the day.

#7 11 years ago

I like how the flipper is the replay.

#8 11 years ago

It was new and probably came from sears because that is the only place my parents shopped. Don't know the cost but was probably a lot for my father as he was a bartender and my mom was a house wife. I took those pictures off an auction that stated they go for $100 to $150 now.

#9 11 years ago

I had something like that. It was a Race-o-Rama with TWELVE pop bumpers. Here's a pic of me playing it while my brother, dad and grandfather watch. Pic was taken Christmas morning 1976.

RACE-O-RAMA.JPGRACE-O-RAMA.JPG

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I had something like that. It was a Race-o-Rama with TWELVE pop bumpers. Here's a pic of me playing it while my brother, dad and grandfather watch. Pic was taken Christmas morning 1976.

Attachments RACE-O-RAMA.JPG (110.2 KB, 0 downloads) 2 minutes old

Hah, awesome pic. I want one!

While we're being nostalgic... I think this is what first peaked my interest in pinball.

#11 11 years ago

1 2 3 4 5... 6 7 8 9 10... 11 12..................

I was just watching this the other day. There was an updated stop motion version on YouTube that was really cool.

#12 11 years ago

And here it is:

#13 11 years ago

Love the "free ball" feature!

Sweepstakes2-free_ball.jpgSweepstakes2-free_ball.jpg

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Attachments RACE-O-RAMA.JPG (110.2 KB, 0 downloads) 45 minutes old

Wow, that is a great pic Sunking!!!

#16 11 years ago

original box

#17 11 years ago

I had one of these that probably started the obsession: http://tinyurl.com/7xoblj8

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

I had one of these that probably started the obsession: http://tinyurl.com/7xoblj8

That is too funny Fusion, you just made me remember I had one of those as well! Think mine was black.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from usmcss:

That is too funny Fusion, you just made me remember I had one of those as well! Think mine was black.

I think the black one was the LE version...LOL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-remember-this-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.