7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Totalisator.jpg
    Playfield_overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    Nameplate.jpg
    Lower_playfield.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2201.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I don't have any more info or clues, the owner is curious if there is any money in this or is it just junk?

IMG_2199.jpg IMG_2200.jpg IMG_2201.jpg IMG_2202.jpg IMG_2203.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I'll bet it's before my Time.. ( 1968 )

#3 7 years ago

I'd say it's some kind of woodrail, flipperless game circa 1930s-1940s, possibly from Genco. It looks like it's been really beat up and rebuilt inside a homemade cabinet that is not original. I don't think those games used plywood, so if there's any place where plywood is used (i.e. if the playfield is on plywood) that's probably not original. It's in really bad shape. It's pretty much junk IMO. The only value the game may have is for parts, and that's only for someone else who might have a similar game needing parts, which is probably really slim. Even when those games are fully-restored, they typically bring about $250-$350.

#4 7 years ago

Incredibly I actually have this game, it's called 'electro-bomber, and it's by Bergmann... It looks in worse condition than mine... I'd say it's closer to junk than money

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

It looks like it's been really beat up and rebuilt inside a homemade cabinet that is not original

The cab's the same as mine, so it must be original...

If I was closer to you I'd gladly pay 10euro for it in case mine needs any parts when I eventually get round to doing it up, but it's so far down the priority list, that death is more likely to happen first!! I think it's supposed to work from a 12v DC battery... The most interestinmg thing about it is that there's a murcury switch in there... looks like yours is intact...

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Incredibly I actually have this game, it's called 'electro-bomber, and it's by Bergmann... It looks in worse condition than mine... I'd say it's closer to junk than money

What year is it from? It had the score reel in the bottom of the playfield? Is your playfield made of plywood or hardwood?

#7 7 years ago

It just needs a shop job!

#8 7 years ago

What year is it from? It had the score reel in the bottom of the playfield? Is your playfield made of plywood or hardwood?

I took some pics of mine before I stored it away, here they are:

As you can see, it looks identicaly made... Not sure of the year, I guess the IPDB will have it, but I can't access that from work... My guess is '34. Shame the lower arch is missing on the one above...

Inside.jpg Lower_playfield.jpg Nameplate.jpg Overview.jpg Playfield_overview.jpg Totalisator.jpg

#9 7 years ago

Contact Mike Schiess at the Pacific Pinball Museum. He would be able to tell you how much it is worth. Even if it isn't perfect, it is not junk and shouldn't be thrown away.

#10 7 years ago

Interesting. I can't find any mention of the game or the company in the Encyclopedia of Pinball.

#11 7 years ago

Elektro-Bomber / IPD No. 5631 / 1 Player
    Manufacturer: T.H. Bergmann & Company, of Hamburg, Germany (1938-1968)
    Type: Electro-mechanical (EM)
    Serial Number Database: View at The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database (IPSND.net) Specialty: Flipperless

Notable Features: Spring bumpers (16).
    Notes: This is a pin table with no backbox. Circa 1938.

#12 7 years ago

OMG! A Nazi pinball machine! That in itself ought to appeal to some.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirtrider:

It even has a "TOTALISATOR" target.
    http://www.dradio.de/dlf/sendungen/kalenderblatt/721441/

#14 7 years ago

You cleaning up your Baywatch Pinballslave?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirtrider:

My mate used to call it 'the gas chamber' on account of the knobs on the front looking like they come of some gas chamber... he suggested that the title and the totaliser meant that the theme was bombing cities, and the totaliser was the number of people killed... The date of release of the game doesn't tie in with historical events however since the war broke out in September 1941, but the Nazi extermination of Jews I believe began before the war, and gas chambers were used in the late 30's, so maybe there is a connection... the fact that the game is German helps support the arguement that this game is somehow related to the Nazi rule of Germany from 1933 to 1945... P.S. I'm not a Nazi.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

You cleaning up your Baywatch Pinballslave?

Well spotted... that's just another playfield for the ceiling

#17 7 years ago

P.S. I'm not a Nazi.

That's reassuring.

But seriously, your background story gave me the shivers, a pinball game themed like that tells a lot about the dark times it was manufactured in...

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

But seriously, your background story gave me the shivers, a pinball game themed like that tells a lot about the dark times it was manufactured in...

True... I'd not given it much thought 'till this topic prompted me to find out a bit about what was happening in Germany at that time, and it was made right in the middle of Hitler's reign... I've no idea if the 'totaliser' and the game name 'elektro-bomber' really means that game is themed on bombing cities and the death toll as a result, it's pure speculation... but I'd be very interested to know what the wording on the round black plaque is (see above)... It may shed some light on the matter... you don't speak German do you Robin?

#19 7 years ago

but I'd be very interested to know what the wording on the round black plaque is

First paragraph says something along the lines of turning clockwise once for a 10 pfennig, or twice for 5 pfg, and then turning the ball transport before shooting.

Second is about skillfully making the shots with the Totalisator keeping score

the third is about when the apparatus is tilted or pushed that the rear light is on and the machine is taken out of service.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

First paragraph says something along the lines of turning clockwise once for a 10 pfennig, or twice for 5 pfg, and then turning the ball transport before shooting.

Second is about skillfully making the shots with the Totalisator keeping score

the third is about when the apparatus is tilted or pushed that the rear light is on and the machine is taken out of service.

A bit dissapointing... I was hoping there to be some indication of why the game is called 'Elektro-bomber', some clue as to what this name was based on... the 'theme' if you like...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside