(Topic ID: 191668)

Does anyone really want an "Alice cooper" pin?

By Msch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (resized).png
abandon thread snail.gif
8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg
AdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpg
ACGH (resized).jpg
ACGH2 (resized).jpg
36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg
IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
queenthegame (resized).jpg
IMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpg
Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpg
beatlespic.jpg
AC (resized).jpg
AliceCooperSpook (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 2 years ago

This thread has to be a joke right?

images (resized).png

#302 2 years ago

Please rename thread, "Does Anyone Really Want Another Pinside Troll?"

#303 2 years ago

Can someone please send the OP a Stern "where's the code" t shirt.
Tell him to wear it with pride!

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from HughesDForce:

This list is head and shoulders above the 90's list though.
I think the real point is that using the pop charts and only looking at the top sellers isn't a very accurate way of describing a decade. Even if Billy Ray Cyrus sold more copies in 1992, "Nevermind" and "Ten" came out that year, and both are far more culturally relevant than "Some Gave All".

I wholeheartedly disagree with the first half of the statement.

And I emphatically agree with the second half. The Nevermind album was a game changer-- it's the single most important album of the 90s. It simultaneously killed "hair band" music, and sent the industry flying headlong into an entirely new genre.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

The Nevermind album was a game changer-- it's the single most important album of the 90s. It simultaneously killed "hair band" music, and sent the industry flying headlong into an entirely new genre.

Best post of this thread so far. You can't think of the 90s without thinking of grunge. And the band that changed it all was Narvana.

#306 2 years ago

yea I am in my 50s and I own a record & smoke shop and I have plenty of teenagers and twenty year old kids buying so called dad rock and pumping money into rock based pinballs . there are many kids into metal still and rock ! just saying aerosmith was my top earner last month followed closely by rob zombie , batman 66 and ac/dc . don't hate the rock n roll

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Can someone please send the OP

he sobered up and drained thread

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

he sobered up and drained thread

ROFL

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Best post of this thread so far. You can't think of the 90s without thinking of grunge. And the band that changed it all was Narvana.

Hard to argue. And I really really dont' like Nirvana. Their breakthrough brought Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, a lot of other bands which are still relevant to the forefront. Yikes. And I just noticed that 3 of those 4 have lost their frontmen. War is hell, so is getting old. Yet another reason Alice is a hero of mine. (BAM! Made my post relevant )

#310 2 years ago

Alice In Chains is the BEST

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I wholeheartedly disagree with the first half of the statement.
And I emphatically agree with the second half. The Nevermind album was a game changer-- it's the single most important album of the 90s. It simultaneously killed "hair band" music, and sent the industry flying headlong into an entirely new genre.

Nothing killed hair bands. Grunge bands are mostly gone, but Steel Panther is alive and well!

lol

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Nothing killed hair bands. Grunge bands are mostly gone, but Steel Panther is alive and well!
lol

Maybe they weren't "killed" but even those bands admit they were completely stonewalled after that. They've since returned, but it did take a LOOOONG. Time. Or maybe it was the release of decline 2 that did it. Those record execs saw it and realised they were giving all that money producing records for a bunch of morons!! Lol, just watched that again a couple days ago .. omg horrifying. At least Alice and Megadeth are in it, however briefly.

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

The Nevermind album was a game changer-- it's the single most important album of the 90s. It simultaneously killed "hair band" music, and sent the industry flying headlong into an entirely new genre.

And yet pinball is still stuck in the hair band era music wise.

The 90s were great. As the grunge movement started, culture itself underwent a change. The homogenized 80s were over finally. Pinball was paying tribute to that culture as it happened. In 1994 pinball paid tribute to one of the dying bands that had been so relevant just a few years before.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And yet pinball is still stuck in the hair band era music wise.
The 90s were great. As the grunge movement started, culture itself underwent a change. The homogenized 80s were over finally. Pinball was paying tribute to that culture as it happened. In 1994 pinball paid tribute to one of the dying bands that had been so relevant just a few years before.

The Who??

#316 2 years ago

I want an Alice Cooper pin, just like I wanted a Rob Zombie pin, but then I played Rob Zombie and I thought to myself........I guess I don't really want a Rob Zombie pin.

#317 2 years ago

Alice with Cattle Decap this fall.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Probably so... radio liked it, it got overplayed, but it apparently had no lasting effect for me because I just realized I never bothered to rip my personal copy of it into my playlist, so it's been at least 15 years since I've thought about the album. Alice In Chains' masterpiece "Dirt" came out a year before "Nevermind", and it remains one of my favorite albums to date.

#319 2 years ago

Back to Alice, the dude is legendary, man. He has, or has had, one of the most theatrical stage acts in all of music, not just rock. At it for over 50 years.

People are questioning his qualifications to have a pin made commemorating him and his music & act? At the same time in another thread otherwise intelligent men are fawning over the idea of an imaginary Slayer pin from Stern with Zombie Yeti art?

Did you ever try listening to Slayer? Yikes. Energetic would be the understatement of the century. Might actually make good pin music, kind of like how they used Bad Religion and the Offspring for the arcade Crazy Taxi. But as the game's theme? Why?

I find it disrespectful to not even capitalize Mr. (presumably) Cooper's last name in the thread title. If OP didn't do that on purpose to that end, I think he ought to fix it.

#320 2 years ago

Alice is a living legend that makes music on his own terms. And re-invented the stage show.

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Please rename thread, "Does Anyone Really Want Another Pinside Troll?"

Agreed. The first page alone makes me cringe. If anyone wants to open a serious/constructive/interesting thread discussing Alice Cooper as a pinball theme, go ahead. This thread has run its course.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sale Pending!
Lancaster, PA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside