(Topic ID: 191668)

Does anyone really want an "Alice cooper" pin?

By Msch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).png
abandon thread snail.gif
8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg
AdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpg
ACGH (resized).jpg
ACGH2 (resized).jpg
36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg
IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
queenthegame (resized).jpg
IMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpg
Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpg
beatlespic.jpg
AC (resized).jpg
AliceCooperSpook (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 6 years ago

Not to mention a huge film career in:

Sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band
Prince of Darkness
Monster dog (talk about a dog of a movie!)
Nightmare on elm street part 6, Freddy's dead

Wayne's world...

#252 6 years ago

Teenage Lament '74 too slow for a pin, but one of my favorites.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Now back to shaking my fist impotently at the sun for these summertime temperatures in spring

111 here today..you're not missing much

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

REALLY hope they have Vincent Price on this

If Spooky can do that, it will be a pinball miracle

36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love Spooky. They could announce a game based on the cola wars and I'm interested.

New Coke LE FTW!

IMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1396 (resized).JPG

#256 6 years ago

I wouldn't turn down an Alice Cooper pin.

They could make a Justin Bieber pin in parallel for the younger dweebs. lol

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang alright lol. When people claim they only want original themes and interesting layouts, there's great news - tons of 90's games with original themes and weird layouts. But then no one wants them....and that's why modern games are so similar and have licensed themes.

Really ? Some of the best and most sought after pins are original themes ....like afm, mm, funhouse, tom, totan, cv, wh20, hs2, cc , whirlwind, ft are just a few examples. Actually when it comes to the best 90s pins most are original themes and most licenced ones are fairly cheap when compared.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually when it comes to the best 90s pins most are original themes and most licenced ones are fairly cheap when compared.

So true! And most of the 90s licensed themes are more current and relevant than today's.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

We're All Clones
» YouTube video

That is pretty freaking awesome. Never heard... thanks man.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

We're All Clones
» YouTube video

Wow, love the Smashing Pumpkins version of this song. Never would have guessed it was an Alice Cooper cover.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Never heard... thanks man.

Where were you in 1980? They played that thing like 10 to 20 times a day on the radio.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Where were you in 1980? They played that thing like 10 to 20 times a day on the radio.

I was 6, and trying to find that tune on the radio. Mom slapped my hands a lot.

#264 6 years ago

You sure you weren't trying to tune in Slap Your Mammy by Devo?

#265 6 years ago

I am now 1000% sure that's the greatest video ever made. Genius.

#266 6 years ago

Guys don't get off topic - let's talk more about how Alice sucks!

#267 6 years ago

I bought this cd when I was 15. Album art is impeccable.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

» YouTube video

Just played that in vinyl earlier today working on one of my guitars. "Telephone is ringin'... you got me on the RUN... I'm driving in my car now... anticipatin' fun..."

#269 6 years ago

LOL, all these people arguing about how relevant Alice Cooper is these days and whether they should base a pin on him. I personally love Alice Cooper but I know there are a lot of younger people who can't appreciate anything that came before them. What makes Alice Cooper relevant in 2017 is the same thing that makes the 60's TV show Batman, the 70's band Aerosmith, and the 80's movie Ghostbusters relevant, THEIR FANS HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY THE DAMN PINS.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

THEIR FANS HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY THE DAMN PINS.

Makes me miss even more the days when it was ops that bought the machines and put them on location. And then we the players became fans of the games and learned about movies we may haven't had seen yet.

#271 6 years ago

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but I like the idea of Alice Cooper more then most music themes. I'm not really into Alice Cooper, but to me, his character transcends music. He's also a horror icon. Personally, I'm hoping for as much of an original soundtrack as possible. I'd prefer Alice to simply be the host of this Nightmare Castle.

#272 6 years ago

Another reason an Alice Cooper pin is relevant is because he's still alive and touring too. I saw a video of a concert of his on Palladia a couple years ago and was actually pretty-good considering. Another band that has been reinvented and still sounds awesome is ELO. I can't believe how good Jeff Lynne still is and their big DVD from last year is great.

But Alice Cooper is pretty-awesome really. There is no shortage of great Alice Cooper songs they could use for the pin. A lot of good music and just as worthy to have a pin made as a band like Aerosmith or Kiss were.

Don't get me wrong though, I like both of those pins too. The song selection for Aerosmith is excellent. All stuff from their first five albums except for like two songs and gameplay is good too. I say go for it. Welcome to my nightmare!

#273 6 years ago

The Spooky peeps are awesome. They are pinball people. They built a thriving business on their own dime. They are consistently announcing and delivering games. They are the ONLY company other than Stern to do this.

Alice Cooper was a dream theme for Chuck. By all accounts Cooper has been a total blast to work with, and is excited about the game. I'm not a big Alice Cooper fan... but who gives a shit??!! I own a Metallica, had an AC/DC, just bought a Dolly Parton pin!! Believe it or not, Dolly might be my fav music of the 3!?? Jolene is a pretty killer song!

I will always give anything Spooky does the time of day, cause they are great people doing things their own way.

I'm not certain I'll buy an Alice Cooper pin, but I KNOW I will but a Total Nuclear Annihilation, so Spooky is getting more of my money this year one way or another.

How can you fault a guy for building a pinball company, and then making a game with his favourite artist of all time??!! I'm excited to try it out. Long live Spooky Pinball!!

#274 6 years ago

I vote for a Steel Panther pin

#275 6 years ago

I'll say this, the dude is 69 and still rocking on. And he's a F ing character. Others have pointed out, older guys with $$ will buy this pin

I just hope its really fun to play. I got surprised on AS and hope to do the same with AC.

Cooper is the one of the most normal good dudes out there. Dad played golf with him in Maui and loved him. My dad is 78. He's just a great show and better guy.

Spooky deserves a big hit

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I vote for a Steel Panther pin
» YouTube video

Good thing there's no election right now.

#277 6 years ago

June 19, 1977. The Tubes, Nazarath and Sha Na Na opened for Alice in a packed Anaheim Stadium. Would I go back if I could? Probably not. But I've always had respect for Cooper.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I get it, a few of you will love it.
Will this title sell? There is ZERO buzz about it. Another ziltch theme like this might sink the spooky ship. Charlie, I want to buy a game of yours. It's not going to be some dad rock theme, sorry.

I've a cat that gets up every morning and hollers about the back door to get attention to let him in or out. I think you started this post for the exact same reason. There is nothing of PB value here.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I wouldn't buy it i just want to see it happen.personally the only music pin I would buy just because it was a band I like would be Gwar and it would be the LE with the meat grinder topper that sprays you with fake blood during multiball.I'm not saying I wouldn't buy another music pin.I would own MET or ACDC despite not liking them,a good pin is a good pin.I'd also be all over a Butthole Surfers pin despite the fact it wouldn't translate well and I'd probably be the only one that buys it.

#281 6 years ago

Schools Out! So Cal 70s style.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

ACGH2 (resized).jpgACGH2 (resized).jpg

ACGH (resized).jpgACGH (resized).jpg

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

June 19, 1977. The Tubes, Nazarath and Sha Na Na opened for Alice in a packed Anaheim Stadium. Would I go back if I could? Probably not. But I've always had respect for Cooper.
» YouTube video

Crazy how skinny all the kids were back then (before monsanto)

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Crazy how skinny all the kids were back then (before monsanto)
» YouTube video

Truth!

#286 6 years ago

He said Anaheim was his worst performance ever because he was staggering drunk . Yeah right. I just watched it six times. He held back on the videos.The audience is mostly gone now. We were 15, fresh out of school and those details didn't matter much.

#287 6 years ago

t

Quoted from vid1900:Crazy how skinny all the kids were back then (before monsanto)

Back in the day monsanto was a ride. And yes we were skinny.

AdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpgAdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpg

8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Everyone thinks the music they grew up with was the best, thus the Alice cooper/nirvana/Kanye thing. Just saying the earlier isn't popular today or this decade.

"Everyone" ?

I grew up with Davy Jones and Paul Revere. However, when I chose to sit on my sub behind my killer dipoles, I will take Cobain and the boys any day.....

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

That's your opinion, not market facts.
"Hip hop" or whatevr you'll call it, makes more money and reaches more people that classic rock ever will.
It's not even close. Check the charts.

ive been saying this over and over and i operate and i see who plays what. the reason ghostbusters is earning well on location is THEME: i see kids 8 years old walk in singing the theme and immediately go up to the game and want to play thx to the tv repeats and movie re release.
. the old rock groups don't appeal to the general people who drop coins in games on location. players who drop coins in machines on location are younger period ages 6 through 28 spend the most, regardless of type of machine (pinball, redemption, video, etc).
i did not buy aerosmith because of theme.
i know it wont earn in a FFC or bowling centers, etc.
same with kiss (that flopped on location) , elvis, stones. the artists are too old, not current, not relevant to MOST (not all) people under age 45.
if anyone took a chance and made a MUSIC machine based on CURRENT times for LOCATION they would earn big big big. drake, rihanna, idiot kanye. someone who actually sells lots of music now and is in the current spotlight all the time , not 30 years ago..
they missed the boat on kid rock and eminem when they were at their peak. ive tested so many of the older theme sterns at same locations as themes like potc, walking dead, GOT, etc and these themes win every time in coin drop.
younger people walk right past the old irrelevant based theme esp when it comes to music. the majority of older people are to cheap to drop coins on locations, even at locations where i have em's. cheap cheap cheap cheap

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really ? Some of the best and most sought after pins are original themes ....like afm, mm, funhouse, tom, totan, cv, wh20, hs2, cc , whirlwind, ft are just a few examples. Actually when it comes to the best 90s pins most are original themes and most licenced ones are fairly cheap when compared.

You missed my point. My point was that there are a lot of older games with original themes that people ignore because they're not Bally/Williams. Gottleib Premiere had a lot of weird original games with oddball designs - but no one cares about them. As for new games, no one wanted Americas Most Haunted. No one wanted Wrath of Olympus. I don't think Whoa Nellie sold that well...that was an original theme with a different type of design. Even when Stern tries something different design-wise like WOF or WWE, no one wants it. Is Dialed In gonna sell tons and tons of units? Time will tell. What usually sells well? Hot licenses with fast flowy fan layouts. The loudest people scream "we want original! We want different!" But when it comes down to it, people prefer the familiar & licenses they love.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

not an idiot.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

- Blur: I know the name but I can't think of a single song.

And you left out many great bands of that era-- most notably Jane's Addiction, RHCP, etc... they absolutely blow away that prog shit from the 70s and the hair-and-leather garbage from the 80s.

#293 6 years ago

I can't believe how many people are trying to reason with someone wanting to fight (irl) because someone disagrees with his intentionally inflammatory post.
To start a thread taking a shot at one of the good guys in the hobby, throw a shot in about age demographic, and talk about how bad a game would do on route that arguably isn't even marketed to operators - but home collectors..... Is all obvious trolling. I haven't bought a spooky game yet, but see his work at the shows and always admired the guy for putting out manageable runs of unique games instead of taking on more than he can chew and either ripping people off or pissing them off with year long waits. Why post negativity about a guy fighting the good fight because you personally don't like a theme?

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Not true. Rob Zombie LEs are discounted and in stock.

I wanted an LE

#295 6 years ago

The answer is yes. Some people really do want an Alice Cooper pin. </end thread>

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The Spooky peeps are awesome. They are pinball people. They built a thriving business on their own dime. They are consistently announcing and delivering games.

This 1000%.

Their business model is not built on needing games that sell a thousand or few thousand a year, but rather a few hundred a year. They are a "boutique" company and have figured out how to make that model work consistently for them.

The Spooky Team has also been an incredible help as we work on Python's Pinball Circus and the support they give to those of us building games is amazing. (i.e.: TNA, Wooly, etc). Without their assistance many of these games would have never seen more than a one off.

I think people will be surprised when they finally see the finished Alice Cooper, but that is just my humble opinion.

Paul

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The answer is yes. Some people really do want an Alice Cooper pin.

abandon thread snail.gifabandon thread snail.gif

#298 6 years ago
#299 6 years ago

I certainly will not buy a Alice Cooper machine.

... but I also did buy Metallica, Aerosmith, Kiss or AC-DC

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

In fairness, other than 1980 itself, the 80's were pretty awful too. Bad music spans decades and generations.
1980 Pink Floyd - The Wall
1981 REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity
1982 Asia - Asia
1983 Michael Jackson - Thriller
1984 Michael Jackson - Thriller
1985 Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.
1986 Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston
1987 Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
1988 George Michael - Faith
1989 Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel

This list is head and shoulders above the 90's list though.

I think the real point is that using the pop charts and only looking at the top sellers isn't a very accurate way of describing a decade. Even if Billy Ray Cyrus sold more copies in 1992, "Nevermind" and "Ten" came out that year, and both are far more culturally relevant than "Some Gave All".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-really-want-an-alice-cooper-pin/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.