(Topic ID: 191668)

Does anyone really want an "Alice cooper" pin?

By Msch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).png
abandon thread snail.gif
8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg
AdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpg
ACGH (resized).jpg
ACGH2 (resized).jpg
36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg
IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
queenthegame (resized).jpg
IMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpg
Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpg
beatlespic.jpg
AC (resized).jpg
AliceCooperSpook (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 6 years ago

Because I'm worried pinball isn't viable for small compianies. Forgive me it this is too soon.

Quoted from Anth:Why does it matter so much to you?

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I feel sorry for you. If you think that list is the best the 90s had, you missed some great music.
Brit Pop had a ton of great bands and great hits:

- Oasis: OMG bad.
- Blur: I know the name but I can't think of a single song.
- The Stone Roses: so boring
- Suede: Stains easily.
- Elastica: Again, Can't think of a single hit.
- Radio Head - Generally sucky, but I do listen to OK Computer once in a while.
++ Plus there was grunge,
- Nirvana: Liked Bleach, but the other albums all started to drone me to sleep
- Stone Template Pilots: They were everything that was wrong with grunge.
- Soundgarden: Amazing band, seen many times.
- Smashing Pumpkins: Amazing band. I liked Gish before they took off. Seen many times
- Pearl Jam: The only album that was really good was Vitalogy. Ten was terrible. About one good song per album lately.
- Mudhoney: Great band live, I don't think I ever heard them on the radio, were they ever popular?
- Alice in Chains: Just plain sucks. Could not believe "No Excuses" was even from the same band.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Because I'm worried pinball isn't viable for small compianies. Forgive me it this is too soon.

Are you trying to top 1,000 posts today in this one Alice Cooper thread?

It's comedy like this that keeps me coming back for more.

I happen to agree with you on Alice Cooper Musch, I don't get the theme either.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

It generally isn't....yet Spooky is still around and haven't gone back on any promises or ripped anyone off. They've made 2 of their own games, have 1 coming soon & contracted Dominos, Jetsons & TNA. They're literally the only small company that hasn't botched the whole thing and made the hobby hate them. So....despite any complaints or criticisms - they're the ONLY one doing it right so far.

#205 6 years ago

#206 6 years ago

Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpgTrain-off-the-rails (resized).jpg

#207 6 years ago

I'm 20 years old and I have no problem with an Alice Cooper pin. It's better than a fourth Star Wars pin, it gets old fast. I just wish companies would develop original concepts but I know it's impossible...

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I'm 20 years old and I have no problem with an Alice Cooper pin. It's better than a fourth Star Wars pin, it gets old fast. I just wish companies would develop original concepts but I know it's impossible...

Go find yourself some Gottleib Premiere games. Tons of original concepts and collectors don't care about them so you can get them pretty cheap. Class of 1812, Cactus Jacks, Lights Camera Action, etc.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Go find yourself some Gottleib Premiere games. Tons of original concepts and collectors don't care about them so you can get them pretty cheap. Class of 1812, Cactus Jacks, Lights Camera Action, etc.

Its "Gottlieb" and I don't give a shit about companies that's just my opinion. Deal with it, Buddy.

#210 6 years ago

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ohio. Why would you not believe them?
Have you ever been to a REAL coin-op distributor? Ops are pulling up and buying 12 cranes and 6 pins. They are loading them into a real truck on a loading dock, not a Honda SUV .....
Selling a single pin, to a guy who's wife came along for the ride is a joke to them.
Remember:
Most people who drive a Mustang have never been on Stangnet
Most people with a Canon camera have never been to the Canon forums.
Most people who play a Stratocaster have never been to Strat-talk
Most people who play pinball have never been on Pinside.

I don't think that is what he is saying. I live in a town of about 100,000 people and I am positive that I am aware of at least 90% of the pins on route and I only know 4 people with pins in their homes (there has to be dozens more with at least one). I can count 16 pins on route and over 30 in homes. Of course that is including all old pins too, not just new pins. Those are probably more like 4 on route and 4 in homes (all in my basement). Basically it was my assumption that the home market is much larger than operators for pinball. Regardless, while 80% seems pretty high, I would trust what your distributor told you as it is stronger evidence than what I've got.

#212 6 years ago

Friendly advice? Not playing that shit here...don't even try it!!!

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Its "Gottlieb" and I don't give a shit about companies that's just my opinion. Deal with it, Buddy.

Dang alright lol. When people claim they only want original themes and interesting layouts, there's great news - tons of 90's games with original themes and weird layouts. But then no one wants them....and that's why modern games are so similar and have licensed themes.

#214 6 years ago

Send that to Stern!

#215 6 years ago

I find all this 70s vs 80s vs 90s theme talk quite amusing as we approach the third decade of the 21st century.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

You haven't gotten to the class where you learn about spelling, punctuation and capitalization yet? I am sure you are a good kid but you cannot expect to get auto-respect from a bunch of adults that have worked hard to be able to afford pinball machines just because you have a ton of them and are a good player. We've been 14 before, you haven't been an adult. And I don't mean 18 years old still supported by mommy and daddy adult. I mean 30 years old with a mortgage, full-time job and a couple kids adult.

So how is that related to Alice copper. I put what I put to make a point that young people do like older stuff like Alice copper and the good the bad and the ugly.
If you want to draw a younger generation to pinball you should listen to them don't just assume every young person likes Justin bieber and all these new lame celeberties and musicians.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

How about a Will Smith pinball ???? get jiggie with it? would make for a great shaker motor theme

Start button would have to be "WELCOME TA ERF!"

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang alright lol. When people claim they only want original themes and interesting layouts, there's great news - tons of 90's games with original themes and weird layouts. But then no one wants them....and that's why modern games are so similar and have licensed themes.

I'm real sorry, man hahah. I thought you were making fun of me for liking the games no one likes my bad!

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Fight me irl.

Quoted from Msch:

Or are you too high in jazz cigarettes

haha this made me laugh out loud irl

#220 6 years ago

I also want to see if people would like a kitchen Knightmare Pinball theme many people I know like it so I want to see the pinside reaction and chef Ramsey is relavent.

IMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpg

#221 6 years ago

Even if Spooky games haven't really interested me at all so far, you have to give them credit for going for it and making games without having to get a bailout from outside investors.

They're making exactly the games they want to make. I personally wish they'd do things differently but I'm just some asshole on the internet and I'm perfectly free to go do it myself. So, props.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

So how is that related to Alice copper. I put what I put to make a point that young people do like older stuff like Alice copper and the good the bad and the ugly.
If you want to draw a younger generation to pinball you should listen to them don't just assume every young person likes Justin bieber and all these new lame celeberties and musicians. So right know in this thread I really don't care about your mortgage or your job.
We should keep this thread related to Alice copper pinball.

Touche. I am having a bunch of patients not show up today so I guess I got bored and started making irrelevant posts.

I personally think a Queen pin would be the King of rock band pinball machines. Again, this theme doesn't thrill me but I think it has potential to be good. Dialed In! has taught me to not judge a pin too early based on theme.

#223 6 years ago

Man, I feel like a jerk I read you wrong!

#224 6 years ago

OK, so an Alice Cooper music pin doesn't interest me to much. A Haunted House/Monster Bash sort of pin with music and narration from Alice Cooper interests me a lot more. I love horror, sci fi and rock/metal. Alice has some good music that you don't hear all the time and a great voice. Branding the game as Alice Cooper helps get those fans more interested which is why his name is there.

It'll be interesting to see what Spooky does with the theme.

As for can a small pinball company survive? Sure, the same way small custom motorcycle shops etc survive. They provide something different and unique to a niche market. If the company can flourish making 500 games a year, let them. I love my AMH and the RZ will be a way better pin once the V20 code is released.

Those that have tried to go big time and make a dent in Stern aren't doing so well. JJP is ok, but Hobbit and Dialed In have no interest for me. We have a WOZ because my wife loves the theme and it's a great game. TBL and Aliens looked promising, but neither company is looking very good now...

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

- Blur: I know the name but I can't think of a single song.

There may be an explanation for this. I am pretty sure that their most famous song didn't have a name. It was just called "Song 2".

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Touche. I am having a bunch of patients not show up today so I guess I got bored and started making irrelevant posts.
I personally think a Queen pin would be the King of rock band pinball machines. Again, this theme doesn't thrill me but I think it has potential to be good. Dialed In! has taught me to not judge a pin too early based on theme.

Cool I also think a queen pinball would be awsome so many good songs.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

This is a public forum, you act like I'm knocking on their door. Answer or not, it's totally up to them.

Because your intentions aren't in genuine interest in discussion... you're clearly try to flush something out. You're either trying to rally people to a point, or trying to flush something out.

But if you've paid attention... Charlie is smarter than that and won't be baited into some trollin.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

There may be an explanation for this. I am pretty sure that their most famous song didn't have a name. It was just called "Song 2".

He can't think of any because he's old, duh. Haven't you been following? Old people are useless obese slobs near death that make horrible choices in pinball....or something---what'd that funny know it all guy post? What is the point of this thread again?

#229 6 years ago

Man, between this and Vid's 'Pinball is gay' thread - it's been some interesting reading on Pinside today.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I live in a town of about 100,000 people and I am positive that I am aware of at least 90% of the pins on route and I only know 4 people with pins in their homes (there has to be dozens more with at least one). I can count 16 pins on route and over 30 in homes.

One small town can have a ton of locations, and another next to it not have a single one.

They tend to only do well in clusters.

There is a 3 square mile town called Ferndale MI (aka "The Gay Mecca") and it has 6 different bars with pins.

Other adjoining, much larger, cities have none.

_

You can put great pins on location, but if there is not an already established group of players, they will quickly fall into disuse.

Normal people do not regularly play pinball.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

i own every new stern and every classic B/w

What is every new Stern? and all 20+ year old B/W are classic

#232 6 years ago

OP if you love your sterns so much why do you care about Spooky?
If you love your mass produced,built as a disposable income earner, make sure you buy an extra playfield if your gonna keep it, hope they don't abandon completing the code cause it didn't sell too well and don't forget don't buy it NIB cause you might be
Totally f@cked if you can't get a new playfield if your playfield has major defects keep on buying Stern and be happy!

#233 6 years ago

Why isn't there a Wu Tang Clan,NWA,Tech 9........I'm ready for a hip-hop theme.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Cool I also think a queen pinball would be awsome so many good songs.

play the game : a pinball marketer's dream

queenthegame (resized).jpgqueenthegame (resized).jpg

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One small town can have a ton of locations, and another next to it not have a single one.
They tend to only do well in clusters.
There is a 3 square mile town called Ferndale MI (aka "The Gay Mecca") and it has 6 different bars with pins.
Other adjoining, much larger, cities have none.
_
You can put great pins on location, but if there is not an already established group of players, they will quickly fall into disuse.
Normal people do not regularly play pinball.

Where I live is not a small town for this area. It is the largest "city" for over 300 miles in any direction. I've lived in this area my entire life and there are only sparse pins in that 300 mile radius. I am not saying that my location or experience is typical. I was just trying to explain why many people may be surprised to hear that more pins are sold to operators than to collectors.

And another somewhat related point: in my town there is a WOZ standard, B66 Premium and GB LE on location so somebody around here is buying expensive games and putting them on route.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Where I live is not a small town for this area. It is the largest "city" for over 300 miles in any direction. I've lived in this area my entire life and there are only sparse pins in that 300 mile radius.

That is normal.

Location pinball died a long time ago.

Normal people have absolutely no interest in pinball.

#237 6 years ago

Damn vid1900 how the hell do you know about ferndale? I was just there yesterday to play some pinball at Mbrew.Ferndale is one of the few cities in Michigan that proudly flies rainbow flags on many of the businesses,it's a cool city with very friendly people,good food and now good pinball.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Normal people have absolutely no interest in pinball.

Ain't that the F ing truth!

#239 6 years ago

Wow man all the hate for Alice Cooper is unjustified. Alice ranks right up there with the best artists of his time including KISS, AC/DC, OZZY, Aerosmith and many others.

Whether you grew up during his era of music or not any music fan should at least respect and recognize the fact that he has had a 40+ year career in the music business and it still going strong!

If you've never seen Alice Cooper in concert you owe it to yourself to see him live. He really is the original true shock rocker.....before KISS, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson and many others.

I am excited to see what Spooky can come up with for an Alice Cooper pinball machine. It definitely has my interest as I love the artist and the theme.....could make for a great pin!

Don't hate on Alice....the dude is awesome! Not to mention one hell of a golfer!

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ain't that the F ing truth!

Yes it is.I go play on location almost every week and rarely see other players.2 weeks ago I went to a pinball museum with over 40 machines and other than 1 guy that played for about 15 minutes me and the wife were the only 2 in the place on a Saturday night.

#241 6 years ago

While I wasn't excited for the announcement that Alice was the next pin I'll hold off complete judgment until I've seen it and some gameplay. I couldn't understand why anyone would make a Wizard of Oz machine and then I played one and now I want one.

I think theme is important for the initial draw but if they game is just flat out fun to play then the theme for me matters a little less.

Spooky is a dedicated group of folks who will undoubtedly knock this out of the park. My RZ will be shipping this week and they have been awesome to work with. V20 is said to have really changed the feel of this game for the better and I'm sure they still will have another update or 2 in the future to polish it off. So I think despite some concerns for Alice Cooper it will end up a fun game with full support.

They must be doing something right to still be around! Maybe part of it is dumb luck but certainly not the only reason they keep the doors open.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

It's out of my age group and I'm 35.

Be patient grasshoppa...our time shall come
TPLE (TuPacLE)

#243 6 years ago

We've all been trolled by Msch with this thread, nicely done!

Nightmare castle theme could be cool, and Alice certainly fits the theme. I agree that it will have limited appeal though.

Replace old-man Alice Cooper with old-lady Elvira and people would be singing this theme's praises and lining up to preorder. I guess being a huge musical and performance influence on a generation of musicians just doesn't rate against having had an appealing chest region 30 years ago...

#244 6 years ago

REALLY hope they have Vincent Price on this. Audio and art might be asking a little much, but Devil's Food/Black Widow is a must. Can't wait to see and play this.

#245 6 years ago

I've seen Alice in concert 15+ times. Always a great show.

#246 6 years ago

An Alice Cooper game should most definitely have a Cold Ethyl bash toy.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where are all these Ops located?? That number is hard to believe.

Agreed... I would have hard time finding 20-25 of any pinball machine on location in my city... and I would bet 20 of them were not made in the past 5 years.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Check him out now, with his walker and golf clubs.

Your still checking him out with his walker and golf clubs....wonder if anybody will bother checking you out when your walker days arrive?.........

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

REALLY hope they have Vincent Price on this. Audio and art might be asking a little much, but Devil's Food/Black Widow is a must. Can't wait to see and play this.

HELL yes. Vincent Price is my all time favourite actor, and him & Alice together is like PB&J, Tony and Geezer, Alex and Eddie, Kermit & Piggy (?!?)

#250 6 years ago

School's Out
Elected
Poison
Ballad of Dwight Frye
Welcome to my Nightmare
Lost in america
Muscle of love
Go to hell

The list is endless!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-really-want-an-alice-cooper-pin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.