(Topic ID: 191668)

Does anyone really want an "Alice cooper" pin?

By Msch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).png
abandon thread snail.gif
8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg
AdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpg
ACGH (resized).jpg
ACGH2 (resized).jpg
36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg
IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
queenthegame (resized).jpg
IMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpg
Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpg
beatlespic.jpg
AC (resized).jpg
AliceCooperSpook (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is the lunch rush as McDonalds over?

moms basement/McDonald's. Sick burns.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My distributor says 80% of all pin sales go to ops.
Cointaker might have a higher percentage going to homeowners.
Probably no way to really know.

It's probably closer to sterns number of 50/50, but yeah, something we agree on.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look at you own post count and do some math Bieber!
You'll be there in 3 years

In 3 years I'll have 2200 posts? You have what?

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Should have been a Boston, Journey and Foereigner greatest hits pin!

Why not K-Tel, the pin?

K-tel (resized).jpgK-tel (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My distributor says 80% of all pin sales go to ops.

Where are all these Ops located?? That number is hard to believe.

#106 6 years ago

My understanding of the game is Alice Cooper is more of a character in the game then it being a music based pin about his music Ala ac/DC or Metallica. And from what I hear from people who have seen the pin first hand says it's awesome. It has somethings that I've never seen/heard of in pinball before. How many pins have we played in this hobby that that there is something we don't like in it, like sound , art ,theme to name a few and the games are just a riot to play. Just be happy we have options in the hobby to pick from. Not that long ago we had only one and it wasn't good. POSITIVITY!

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Another ziltch theme like this might sink the spooky ship.

What other Spooky theme was zilch... was it their first game that sold out or their second game that sold out?

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why not K-Tel, the pin?

Why not

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:What other Spooky theme was zilch... was it their first game that sold out or their second game that sold out?

What second game sold out? Dominos?

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think the initial run on Rob Zombie was based on AMH's selling out and people wanting to speculate. It's turned out to be a lacklustre game and I suspect the radio silence on Alice Cooper is probably based on that.
Like back in the 90's, no game after a dud is going to fly off the shelves. But maybe it'll be a good game - I'm sure they're learning all the time and each game will get better and more polished.

Unfortunately this is mostly accurate, though I was one of the people in on RZ for the theme. Coincidentally Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper were both #1 and #2 top (for bands) dream themes for me before RZ was even announced (answers the thread question). I will however note that the RZ code is getting way better with V20 (I'm running it currently). Friends that wouldn't touch RZ before are now hooked on it (it truly is a blast to play with a group on adult mode--the whole room is always laughing and chatting about the game unlike any other I've owned).

Spooky has promised big improvements in Alice compared to previous efforts, so I'm still really excited for Alice Cooper. I suppose Alice is also the artist I've seen live the most...that or Megadeth at around 6 times each. I'm 32 and not at all convinced that Alice is just a theme for older people...

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Okay, let's see how that'll route. You people tend to forget these are commercial machines made to earn money.

Spooky doesn't seem to be making games designed for that purpose. These are home sale games.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Spooky doesn't seem to be making games designed for that purpose. These are home sale games.

And this is why stern will put them out of business.

#112 6 years ago

I certainly wouldn't rule out an Alice Cooper pin. I think they could make a pretty cool theme based on his stuff.

I think I would rather see a Monsters of Rock pin instead, and include songs from a dozen or so artists. At this point, I think we are close to the end of the bands that can sell a pin on their own. I think Aerosmith is pushing it, but it looks like a cool game.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love Spooky. They could announce a game based on the cola wars and I'm interested.

kinda want to play this now

#114 6 years ago

Yeah, I want an Alice Cooper pin! What, are you pissed because they didn't make your One Direction/Hanson/Jonas Brothers dream theme pin? I just saw him a few months ago and he still rocks harder than most bands half his age.

IMG_5070 (resized).JPGIMG_5070 (resized).JPG

IMG_5098 (resized).JPGIMG_5098 (resized).JPG

IMG_5114 (resized).JPGIMG_5114 (resized).JPG

IMG_5124 (resized).JPGIMG_5124 (resized).JPG

#115 6 years ago

Glad you had a great time. What's your argument to his popularity as of 2017?

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where are all these Ops located?? That number is hard to believe.

Ohio. Why would you not believe them?

Have you ever been to a REAL coin-op distributor? Ops are pulling up and buying 12 cranes and 6 pins. They are loading them into a real truck on a loading dock, not a Honda SUV .....

Selling a single pin, to a guy who's wife came along for the ride is a joke to them.

Remember:

Most people who drive a Mustang have never been on Stangnet

Most people with a Canon camera have never been to the Canon forums.

Most people who play a Stratocaster have never been to Strat-talk

Most people who play pinball have never been on Pinside.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Albums sold and income earned are not related today. It's simply true that more people know who Bieber is than led zep
And the stones combined.

You're insane. Led Zeppelin broke up almost 40 years ago, and they are *STILL* one of the most talked about bands. The Stones have been at it for 55 years. I still see college aged students walking around with shirts for both groups. Bieber is a flash in the pan... he'll be completely forgotten within a few years. No different than Leif Garrett or Menudo.

I would suggest a Bieber themed game, but it would never work as a pinball without balls.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

You're insane. Led Zeppelin broke up almost 40 years ago, and they are *STILL* one of the most talked about bands. The Stones have been at it for 55 years. I still see college aged students walking around with shirts for both groups. Bieber is a flash in the pan... he'll be completely forgotten within a few years. No different than Leif Garrett or Menudo.
I would suggest a Bieber themed game, but it would never work as a pinball without balls.

I'm using Bieber as an argument. Come on, dude.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ohio. Why would you not believe them?
Have you ever been to a REAL coin-op distributor? Ops are pulling up and buying 12 cranes and 6 pins. They are loading them into a real truck on a loading dock, not a Honda SUV .....
Selling a single pin, to a guy who's wife came along for the ride is a joke to them.
Remember:
Most people who drive a Mustang have never been on Stangnet
Most people with a Canon camera have never been to the Canon forums.
Most people who play pinball have never been on Pinside.

Vids the man. You have NO idea how much I spend on coin op. Pinball is a hobby lol.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Glad you had a great time. What's your argument to his popularity as of 2017?

Have you ever listened to his music? It's more relevant today than any of the top 40 crap they play on the pop stations. If you were never a fan of his music then you probably hate the idea of a pinball featuring him. But I get it, I'm part of the old crowd that doesn't know anything about what's relevant today. As you put it, we're all obese and dying by the minute.

#121 6 years ago

He was very popular in the 70s. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his own pinball machine soon enough.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#122 6 years ago

Bee Gees were one of the biggest acts of all in the 70s. Why don't they have their own pinball game yet?

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bee Gees were one of the biggest acts of all in the 70s. Why don't they have their own pinball game yet?

Noway! ABBA before the Bee Gees!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Cuz they don't rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#125 6 years ago

Well to talk about the Alice Cooper Pin, I'll be that guy and say I was excited to learn it was "Nightmare Castle" and not strictly an Alice Cooper Pin. Then I saw the teaser image (backglass?), and yes its hand drawn but man I feel like it could have been better.

Yada yada...gameplay, yada yada...wait and see. Just my first impression like Star Wars.

Buy hey if they sneak in a Mee-lee-WAH-Kay reference, it might just be a winner

#126 6 years ago

"Take a Chance on me" as the attract music who would pass that up

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Cuz they don't rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Maybe. But they sure got a lot of people up and dancin'.

#128 6 years ago

You guys..this is a horrible choice for spooky as a title.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Have you ever listened to his music? It's more relevant today than any of the top 40 crap they play on the pop stations. If you were never a fan of his music then you probably hate the idea of a pinball featuring him. But I get it, I'm part of the old crowd that doesn't know anything about what's relevant today. As you put it, we're all obese and dying by the minute.

You're right. Look at Alice tearing up the pop charts

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

And this is why stern will put them out of business.

Whether Spooky stays in business doesn't really have anything to do with Stern...it comes down to whether there are 300 people a year who will buy the games they offer. They don't really have the same business goals. Stern is a big company running a big factory, making thousands of games a year. Spooky is a small family company with far fewer employees, making small runs of games geared to a niche collector community.

It's like comparing an indie video game company to Nintendo. They can both co-exist.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

Noway! ABBA before the Bee Gees!

abba (resized).jpgabba (resized).jpg

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whether Spooky stays in business doesn't really have anything to do with Stern...it comes down to whether there are 300 people a year who will buy the games they offer. They don't really have the same business goals. Stern is a big company running a big factory, making thousands of games a year. Spooky is a small family company with far fewer employees, making small runs of games geared to a niche collector community.
It's like comparing an indie video game company to Nintendo. They can both co-exist.

Well they failed with game number 2. It's NOT sold out.

#133 6 years ago

KNHmZYL (resized).pngKNHmZYL (resized).png

#134 6 years ago

Bee gees

IMG_20170509_092250324 (resized).jpgIMG_20170509_092250324 (resized).jpg

#135 6 years ago

You should really work towards designing art for stern

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Well, like I said...nothing to do with Stern. If RZ is a failure, that's on Spooky.

As for Alice Cooper...we really can't judge until we see it. As a license, yeah, it's horrible. However, their approach sounds like it could transcend the license....it sounds like the game is going to be more about a mad scientist's laboratory, experiements, monsters, that sorta thing...w/ Cooper as the "mad" & his music as the score. So - it theoretically COULD be cool and appealing regardless if you give a shit about Alice Cooper. Or it could suck like RZ....we won't know till we know!

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

How do you know this is a failure. Just because they have to sit on them longer dose not mean it failed

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Idk because it's a horrible theme. No one under 65 wants this in their house, and you old guys are dying of obesity by the hour...

Just so we know where you're coming from, what games do you own and which of those do you consider to be a great theme?

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

How do you know this is a failure. Just because they have to sit on them longer dose not mean it failed

Because stern will keep putting out titles 6/1.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

That's true - keep in mind Spooky's marketing is pretty limited - it's directed toward the hardcore pinheads who follow the scene. So many people buy pinball machines from stores or distributors without knowing ANYTHING about the scene. If there are leftover RZ's - I wouldn't be surprised if Spooky sold them to various distributors for showrooms and whatnot...and they'll sell that way.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just so we know where you're coming from, what games do you own and which of those do you consider to be a great theme?

i own every new stern and every classic B/w

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

LOTR LE didn't sell out either. only half sold. Spooky doesn't have to have a sell out of every title. AMH sold out, Domino's all units paid for, Jetsons all units paid for.
As for Alice Cooper pin, I'm not a big fan of him but if theme and layout is used right it won't matter. RZ was an ok theme with ok layout. AC is a ok theme but has to have a really good layout to sell to others that are not into the theme.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's true - keep in mind Spooky's marketing is pretty limited - it's directed toward the hardcore pinheads who follow the scene. So many people buy pinball machines from stores or distributors without knowing ANYTHING about the scene. If there are leftover RZ's - I wouldn't be surprised if Spooky sold them to various distributors for showrooms and whatnot...and they'll sell that way.

This will run itself out soon. No one will wait for subpar themes with stern putting out better games.

#144 6 years ago

If you don't like the themes , get a p-roc and design and build a game for yourself . Any theme you can think of could be made .

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

You guys..this is a horrible choice for spooky as a title.

Spooky said it's only going to be for the cool people.

AliceCooperSpook (resized).jpgAliceCooperSpook (resized).jpg

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

i own every new stern and every classic B/w

So you're in on Aerosmith, but out on Cooper?

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

This will run itself out soon. No one will wait for subpar themes with stern putting out better games.

It's all subjective to people opinions. I remember when I first got into the hobby everyone said the shadow pin sucked and world cup soccer 94 sucked and you could get them for $1000 or less and now they are pins that people want. Because theyard fun to play despite the theme

#148 6 years ago

If I was to buy based on theme only, I would buy this over wizard of oz easily

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Stern would have already shipped and been 2 titles past. I don't pre order, not an idiot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-really-want-an-alice-cooper-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.