(Topic ID: 191668)

Does anyone really want an "Alice cooper" pin?

By Msch

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (resized).png
abandon thread snail.gif
8579cc8de20aeeec9f87fad25e46222b (resized).jpg
AdventureThroughInnerSpace02 (resized).jpg
ACGH (resized).jpg
ACGH2 (resized).jpg
36c77b14994f2b797371a55ee908dc29--famous-tombstones-graveyard-shift (resized).jpg
IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
queenthegame (resized).jpg
IMG_20170426_192239625_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20170411_120719354_HDR (resized).jpg
Train-off-the-rails (resized).jpg
beatlespic.jpg
AC (resized).jpg
AliceCooperSpook (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 1 year ago

I get it, a few of you will love it.
Will this title sell? There is ZERO buzz about it. Another ziltch theme like this might sink the spooky ship. Charlie, I want to buy a game of yours. It's not going to be some dad rock theme, sorry.

#2 1 year ago

So, you're discounting a table and basically have no clue what it's about? Pinside never fails.

#3 1 year ago

I was dumb founded to hear this was a title they were considering. I get Jetsons, I even get a Scooby Doo. But the old guy rocker themes...despite we are that age group, is getting old.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So, you're discounting a table and basically have no clue what it's about? Pinside never fails.

It's about Alice Cooper, and couldnt be more irrelevant. Are you excited for it?

#5 1 year ago

It's out of my age group and I'm 35.

#6 1 year ago

I love Spooky. They could announce a game based on the cola wars and I'm interested.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Most buy a table for a theme, not always for game play. Having both is essential.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love Spooky. They could announce a game based on the cola wars and I'm interested.

Okay, let's see how that'll route. You people tend to forget these are commercial machines made to earn money.

#9 1 year ago

If it looks and plays awesome, sure why not?

Never seen the Flash Gordon movie from the 80s but I own the machine.

#10 1 year ago

Yeah....we are all waiting for a theme that we are into. Not every game is gonna a theme we dig.

It may be a kick ass pin...won't know till we get to play it so I can't judge it yet.

Keep in mind Spooky is doing small runs and they have had NO problem selling the games they have built. I look forward to seeing future games from Spooky.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

If it looks and plays awesome, sure why not?

(edited by Mod team)

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Yeah....we are all waiting for a theme that we are into. Not every game is gonna a theme we dig.
It may be a kick ass pin...won't know till we get to play it so I can't judge it yet.
Keep in mind Spooky is doing small runs and they have had NO problem selling the games they have built. I look forward to seeing future games from Spooky.

Not true. Rob Zombie LEs are discounted and in stock.

#14 1 year ago

Who cares about Aerosmith these days? It's a fun pin despite the theme. Dialed In? Weak theme, but lots of buzz. The Jetsons is a contract pin. Not Spooky's idea. I'll wait to pass judgment until I can play it.

#15 1 year ago

Autistic 65 year old single morbidly obese men. Tell me I'm wrong, at any pinball show.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

Idk because it's a horrible theme. No one under 65 wants this in their house, and you old guys are dying of obesity by the hour...

I'm under 40 and weigh 160 pounds.

#17 1 year ago

theme means very little to me personally.

If it plays well and has good code then I am interested in any game. To hate on any game at this stage is nothing more than that, hate.

I will say that I dont like music themes in general but this sounds like it is going to more haunted mansion with tha layering of iconic music. Could be super cool.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

Autistic 65 year old single morbidly obese men. Tell me I'm wrong, at any pinball show.

Serious question: are you saying all pinball players are geriatric, overweight men with learning disabilities?

Because that's exactly what I am.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Serious question: are you saying all pinball players are geriatric, overweight men with learning disabilities?
Because that's exactly what I am.

Ha well you tell me. I think all of us are "touched"

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

geriatric, overweight men with learning disabilities

Pretty sure I'm two out of those three...

#21 1 year ago

I'm one who loves the theme and loves spooky. I could not take the plunge on Jetsons, but I am in on Alice Cooper for sure

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

theme means very little to me personally.
If it plays well and has good code then I am interested in any game. To hate on any game at this stage is nothing more than that, hate.
I will say that I dont like music themes in general but this sounds like it is going to more haunted mansion with tha layering of iconic music. Could be super cool.

Bro you love alien, predator. Your opinion is that of a super fan, and it's completely unfounded in reality. You have zero credibility. You're whysnow. You're on this site 24/7. Log out.

#23 1 year ago

I like spooky as well. But lets be honest here, they're not great pins. I don't think this theme is going to help them. I'd bet they sell more jetsons/dominos/TNA than all the original themes.

#24 1 year ago

You aren't required to purchase or put money into any pinball machine. I look forward to playing EVERY new pinball machine, regardless of theme. I have never watched a single episode of TWD but it's my favorite machine. I look forward to playing Alice Cooper, too!

#25 1 year ago

I get into this argument with my operator friends who LOVE pinball. "I don't like Star Wars movies". Okay, well...it's only the biggest license in the entire world? Maybe test one out..

Quoted from PinheadJon:

You aren't required to purchase or put money into any pinball machine. I look forward to playing EVERY new pinball machine, regardless of theme. I have never watched a single episode of TWD but it's my favorite machine. I look forward to playing Alice Cooper, too!

It's not for me, got it. It's also not for the general public. Pinball machines are coin op equipment meant to earn money. If they can't do that, the writing is on the wall.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Who cares about Aerosmith these days? It's a fun pin despite the theme. Dialed In? Weak theme, but lots of buzz. The Jetsons is a contract pin. Not Spooky's idea. I'll wait to pass judgment until I can play it.

Yep, horrible theme. The art and game are excellent, and stern can't give them away.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

I feel sorry for you (I'm not joking at all).

The popular music in your formative years, was the worst in recorded history.

The top selling albums:

1990 Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation 1814
1991 Mariah Carey Mariah Carey
1992 Billy Ray Cyrus Some Gave All
1993 Whitney Houston/soundtrack The Bodyguard
1994 Elton John/soundtrack The Lion King
1995 Hootie and the Blowfish Cracked Rear View
1996 Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill
1997 Spice Girls Spice
1998 James Horner/ soundtrack Titanic
1999 Backstreet Boys Millennium

The-worst-music-of-all-time, and I know it's not your fault.

janet_425_517623220 (resized).jpg

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The top selling albums:
1990 Janet Jackson Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814
1997 Spice Girls Spice

I'm 36 and I never listened to any of that music, at all. Quite often the top songs of the era are far from the best. Look at today's top singles/albums. It's bleak.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The top selling albums:
1990 Janet Jackson Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814
1997 Spice Girls Spice

Yeah you forgot to mention the grunge era, hip hop....

#30 1 year ago

I think it has great potential. Alice Cooper's shows/persona were very theatrical. He had magician James Randi on his team participating in show design for a period of time. Remember, a pinball machine won't be showing an aging man going about his daily life. You'll see highlights from a long storied career. Given his theatrical horror style shows I think it's a great fit for Spooky.

And it's a boutique pin. They don't plan or need to sell several thousand of them.

EDIT: Bonus if a Megadeth pin comes out of this relationship. Superb imagery and Dave Mustaine is Alice's godson iirc. Another theme that probably wouldn't have mass market appeal but could be a successful boutique run.

#31 1 year ago

I give big props to spooky! Family owned and operated. They've never screwed anyone out of preorder $. They're making machines with themes that they care about. Its a passion thing. If you don't want one, don't buy one or put quarters in it.

#32 1 year ago

37 here and I hated all of that crap on that list in the 90's and still hate it today. There were some fantastic rock bands in the 90's, gangster rap peaked in the 90's and 90's electronic dance music started a revolution in EDM that continues today.

On topic: I couldn't name a single Alice Cooper song but a horror castle theme could actually be pretty cool. I'm withholding judgment until I see/play it.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I think it has great potential. Alice Cooper's shows/persona were very theatrical. He had magician James Randi on his team participating in show design for a period of time. Remember, a pinball machine won't be showing an aging man going about his daily life. You'll see highlights from a long storied career. Given his theatrical horror style shows I think it's a great fit for Spooky.
And it's a boutique pin. They don't plan or need to sell several thousand of them.

Then they better price them as a boutique. If they can't sell hundreds of them they're in trouble. See Rob Zombie. LEs are collecting dust and the games isn't very good. The AMH rush was an exception, not the rule.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

I've got 10 years on you, and it's well out of my age group as well.

I'm a lifelong rock fan, I can name exactly 3 Alice Cooper songs... Eighteen, No More Mr. Nice Guy, and School's Out.

It's been 40 years, maybe more, since he was culturally relevant.

#35 1 year ago

giphy.gif

#36 1 year ago

Pins are much more than money making games for operators. Less than half of new pins go on location. Outside of Stern, 90% of boutique pins are for home use. Jersey Jack just used that figure. For small production runs (500) you only need so many fans of the theme.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm 36 and I never listened to any of that music, at all.

It seeps into your still developing brain.

Quoted from Msch:

Yeah you forgot to mention the grunge era, hip hop....

Grunge was terrible, and real Hip Hop was already spent.

One can only name a few standout good ones from the era (Soundgarden, Geto Boys, for instance)

#38 1 year ago

I'm 45,My uncle turned me onto alice cooper when I was a kid,I remember the black widow with vincent price playing in my head now!I'm in!

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I give big props to spooky! Family owned and operated. They've never screwed anyone out of preorder $. They're making machines with themes that they care about. Its a passion thing. If you don't want one, don't buy one or put quarters in it.

That's a great personal opinion. Spooky has never lied(predator, TBL, Alien, etc). No one is calling Charlie's character into question, just his business decisions.

#40 1 year ago

could have some interesting themes, Dead Baby's, billon dollar baby's, welcome to my nightmare, under my wheels, and cold, cold ethyl

#41 1 year ago

I am so sick and tired of these types of threads I am 14 years and my favorite type of music is rock so I am always listening to AC DC, iron maiden, Metallica, kiss, Aerosmith ,guns n roses, Rob zombie, queen, def leapord, and Elvis.
Some of the games in my collection are ac dc premium, guns n roses, kiss pro, Metallica pro, Elvis gold and I have Rob zombie and the who on my whishlist and I hope stern makes an iron maiden or queen pinball because i would love to have them. I also can't wait to see what Alice copper looks like It has the possibility of having some cool features and good music.

There are some music pinball I don't like example rolling Stones they all can't be perfect but most music themed pinballs are awsome.
What type of pinball do you want a Justin bieber pinball.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One can only name a few standout good ones from the era (Soundgarden, Geto Boys, for instance)

That's your opinion, not market facts.
"Hip hop" or whatevr you'll call it, makes more money and reaches more people that classic rock ever will.
It's not even close. Check the charts.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I am so sick and tired of these types of threads I am 14 years and my favorite type of music is rock so I am always listening to AC DC, iron maiden, Metallica, kiss, Aerosmith ,guns n roses, Rob zombie, queen, def leapord, and Elvis.
Some of the games in my collection are ac dc premium, guns n roses, kiss pro, Metallica pro, Elvis gold and I have Rob zombie and the who on my whishlist and I hope stern makes an iron maiden or queen pinball because i would love to have them. I also can't wait to see what Alice copper looks like It has the possibility of having some cool features and good music.
There are some music pinball I don't like example rolling Stones they all can't be perfect but most music themed pinballs are awsome.
What type of pinball do you want a Justin bieber pinball.

Your brain isn't able to think yet, come back in 10-20 years. What job do you work to buy all those games?

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I'm a lifelong rock fan, I can name exactly 3 Alice Cooper songs... Eighteen, No More Mr. Nice Guy, and School's Out.

Check out some of his later stuff to round out your education.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In fairness, other than 1980 itself, the 80's were pretty awful too. Bad music spans decades and generations.

1980 Pink Floyd - The Wall
1981 REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity
1982 Asia - Asia
1983 Michael Jackson - Thriller
1984 Michael Jackson - Thriller
1985 Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.
1986 Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston
1987 Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
1988 George Michael - Faith
1989 Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Check out some of his later stuff to round out your education.
ยป YouTube video

Check him out now, with his walker and golf clubs.

#47 1 year ago

No

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Keep in mind Spooky is doing small runs and they have had NO problem selling the games they have built.

This is key. If they were producing numbers like Stern then it may be an issue. So few are going to be made that it will fill a void somewhere just based on theme alone.

#49 1 year ago

How about a Will Smith pinball ???? get jiggie with it? would make for a great shaker motor theme

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have to disagree. Nirvana's "Nevermind" is one of the greatest masterpieces ever released. There are tons of other grunge albums that were amazing as well. It's not my favorite genre of music, but in my opinion it's much better stuff than the corporate rock of the 70s and 80s.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside