5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 5 years ago

I have been playing the world of warcraft since it began so over ten years. What a game.

I am going to go play now. Anyone else consumed by this game? It is amazing.

Still.

#2 5 years ago

Pinball broke me free from that game... thank god.

I used to play pretty hardcore from the original game to sometime in the 2nd expansion. I thought I was cool because I was one of the only people with a a swift zulian tiger mount as a horde player. Raiding and farming sucked up my life. Looking back I had fun but glad I don't play a game that takes so much time in order to see all end game content.

Dropping a raid boss that 40 people wiped on for a long time was rewarding. I think Kael'Thas was the hardest boss battle my guild beat when I was around. Took us nearly a month of practice.

#3 5 years ago

Same. Used to play and glad I broke free.

That said, Star Wars Galaxies was the most addictive MMO I've ever played, way back in the day before Sony bought it and ruined it. That game was pure crack. Never been another like it.

#4 5 years ago

Only played OG WoW, pretty hardcore, class leader for a top guild in Europe, 10h a day weekdays and around the clock weekends. It almost ruined my life. Sold my account and started playing again a year later casually after a few expansions. It eventually faded away from my life. Still a big Blizzard fan though, play D3 and Overwatch in abundance.

#5 5 years ago

First it was Everquest, then WoW. It was like a second job for a very long time, lol.

#6 5 years ago

Played alot till lich king expansion. Started with eqoa for me and selling on player auction those were the days

#7 5 years ago

I'd love to play, but I'm still addicted to Island of Kesmai on Compuserve.

#8 5 years ago

I came in after Lich King. Did the Pandara expansion that I did not like at first but learned to love the extras. Things like Pet training seemed lame at first but became a fun solo grind. I hated the "back in time" Azeroth expansion and dropped it soon after that.

I picked up a PS4 and kind of settled on playing "Destiny 2". Fun quick time killer doing public events and challenges.

#9 5 years ago

I feel the game is the best it has ever been as it should be.

I have many great memories on the game. It is amazing. Non better that I can find.

About to get a new expansion.

I like that I can causally raid.

I am going to try out that other game on the ps3and pc. I can’t think of the name. I’ll update. You get dropped in and have to kill everyone.

#10 5 years ago

I used to play, but I played Dark Age of Camelot for years extensively. WOW stole a lot of elements from DAOC and Everquest. So when I stopped playing DAOC and went to WOW, it just wasn't as fun because it was the same stuff I burned out on DAOC. The PVP aspect of WOW, wasn't as fun as DAOC at all. Sometimes I miss it, but now I play Elder Scrolls Online when I play a video game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-play-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.