(Topic ID: 215416)

Does anyone own a 3D TV?

By mcclad

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

A while back I was in need of a new TV. I was looking in Best Buy when one of the employees mentioned that they just marked down a 70" Sharp Aquos 3D TV, because it was last years model and they were getting new ones in. At the time I did not care about the 3D capability of it. They were knocking thousands off the original price. This is going back a few years, but I think it was $5500 and I got it for around $2000 or less. I ended up getting it because it seemed like a good deal at the time, compared to anything else that was available in my price range.

Later that year for the hell of it, I got some 3D glasses, and some new blu ray movies. Wow. Some of the movies that I had seen before on TV were like a whole new experience watching them in three dimensions. I have seen plenty of them at the movies, but now at home, it kind of spoiled me. It felt like I had missed out on something when I first saw them. I finally got around to seeing Pacific Rim for example, and now I can't even imagine watching it in 2D. That one really stood out. Every time I get a new movie, if its available in 3D, I have to get it in that format.

I was wondering if anyone on Pinside had a 3D TV, and I was just curious as to what others had experienced, and their thoughts.

Use the 3D much?
    Favorite movies in that format?
    What do guests think of it? Etc.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I see it as a novelty that is wearing out.

It seems like 3D movies are not as common as they were a few years ago. It does seem like it is wearing out.

Edit: wyopin, you beat me to the punch. LOL

#12 5 years ago

How is the clarity watching a movie from a projector?

#21 5 years ago

There was a scene in the Conan movie where he is riding a horse through some pillar ruins, and it really gave me the feeling of being there. Subtle stuff like that is what I appreciate, not the gimmicky stuff like a spear thrust. A cool scene in Oz the great and Powerful, was when Oz goes over the waterfall in the balloon. The 3D effect in that part was great. That is usually the scene that I show people.

#25 5 years ago

I get a kick out of seeing people watching TV at my house, and even though they are 8 feet away, they are ducking and dodging and reacting to what is on the screen.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have Mad Max Fury Road on Blue Ray for some reason. Maybe it came in a set?
    Who wants it?

What would you sell it for? I might be interested.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-own-a-3d-tv?tu=mcclad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.