(Topic ID: 215416)

Does anyone own a 3D TV?

By mcclad

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago

I've had it for years now. Some movies work great: Avatar, Tron Legacy, and Life of Pi come to mind. Others, even though filmed in 3D, suffer from ghosting, double images, and other issues. The Hobbit comes to mind. It was filmed in 3D so I thought it would look great but it didn't. The newer Star Wars movies also didn't come out well on my set.

I've heard some manufacturers/TVs fare better than others. I've got a Sony with active glasses. The main glasses were really uncomfortable but I later picked up some titanium ones that are lighter and much more comfortable.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

3D can be amazing or horrible, depending on the cinematography. It’s horrible when the action jumps off the screen at you. It’s amazing when the screen is a picture frame and a World is presented with depth.

This is my experience too. Prometheus, for example, is breathtaking at times because it feels much more like you are there when watching in 3D. But action sequences can become confusing and difficult to follow. Part of it is that if you are focused on the right part of the screen everything falls into place and looks good but if your eye waders you loose the effect and it can take you out of the immersion of the film. Almost like a boom mic dropping down into a scene.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-own-a-3d-tv?tu=Jam_Burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.