(Topic ID: 50639)

Does anyone make full-size overlays anymore?

By CadillacMusic

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Well, title pretty much says it all. I've read old posts with people buying and selling full playfield overlays, but they're all from '08 or so. Obviously little shop of games does real nice partials, but they're pretty much wpc only, when we already had diamondplate. I've got a bunch of stuff like Earthshaker or The Machine with large amounts of wear down to the wood. And when I say large, I mean like 4 inches by 10 inches. Not the kind of stuff you can just touch up. I hate to leave these games rotting in storage. Any hints on what to do?

#2 10 years ago

A friend of mine got a few Eight Ball Deluxe overlays. I think off of eBay, but I could find out for sure if you need them.

#3 10 years ago

Well, looking on Ebay did introduce me to a few partials that I didn't know existed, but no full overlays. EBD is actually not one we need, because I don't have a cabinet for it. Thanks for the help, though.

#4 10 years ago

I think you have 3 options:
    1. download the playfield from visual pinball or future pinball (it will be lower resolution), bump up the resolution (will still be blocky), then trace the graphics and convert to vectors (lots of work, probably hundreds of hours, and it still won't be a perfect copy. This why CPR charges what they do, even with good artwork to start with, it's a lot of touchup hours.
    2. Beg someone to scan one that has reasonable playfield art, import into photoshop, clean it up, print either vinyl or a water decal
    3. Wait for CPR to reproduce a 10-color printed playfield and do a swap

I have a pretty nice earthshaker, but I'm not going to tear it down until I finish some other projects (and I do have access to a transparent scanner)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-make-full-size-overlays-anymore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.