(Topic ID: 180636)

Does anyone make a shooter plunger with screw end?

By swampwiz

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooterknob (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I am looking to make a customized shooter plunger, and I think I could get a 3-D printing shop to make up whatever I could dream up for the knob, but I still would need the rod to go with it. It would seem that others have thought about this and thus someone makes a plunger with some standard machine screw on the end such that all someone would need to do is make the knob have the screw insert and then just screw the pieces together. Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago

Allied leisure did have a threaded end on the rod for a knob, but parts for those games aren't readily available.

#3 7 years ago

You could drill and tap for a female end or run a die over it for a large male end

#4 7 years ago

We do. That's how our shooter rods are made but they aren't available for separate purchase at the moment. They will be in the future so if you wanted a quantity we might be able to help. The shaft is stainless steel.

shooterknob (resized).jpgshooterknob (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

I guess that's an easy option if the tip gets mushroomed out and you can't pull it out of the game.

#6 7 years ago

So you are teasing me with the fact that this item exists, but that I cannot buy just 1.

#7 7 years ago

The stern ones are like this, the aftermarket ghostbusters shooter rod is a threaded end.

3 months later
    #8 6 years ago

Where can we get one?

Marco has one listed, but is out of stock.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9253

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-make-a-shooter-plunger-with-screw-end and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.