(Topic ID: 235026)

Does anyone leave their pins on when they are not playing

By fatality83

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you leave your pins on for extended periods of time when not playing them?”

• I only turn my games on to play them, then turn them off when I am done 207 votes
      81%
    • I leave mine on on the weekends or when I will be home all day long 44 votes
      17%
    • I leave mine on 24/7, they double as a nite light. 6 votes
      2%

(257 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KAWMP4400-2 (resized).jpg
    D8D1D946-E83F-49E4-8928-85840B82172D (resized).jpeg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Sometimes I am working on a game with my other games on and accidentally trigger sounds brushing up on flipper buttons as I slide between games. Shadow is the worst. It has one that is just a loud screech. Freaks me out every time and I have to turn the game off. Love it, though lol.

The Shadow scared the hell out of me last night when I brushed the flipper button.
    My life has been shortened by a couple of years by flipper button scares alone.

#52 5 years ago

I only turn mine on while im playing them. Sometimes i drink too much beer and fall asleep on the couch and wake up 6-8 hours later and get pissed at myself. I figure every hour they are on unnecessarily is an hour that i dont get to enjoy them because they are gonna tear up one day from use.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

....accidentally trigger sounds brushing up on flipper buttons as I slide between games. Shadow is the worst. It has one that is just a loud screech. Freaks me out every time and I have to turn the game off. Love it, though lol.

Big Foot gives a loud scream and usually startles me! Haha!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I only turn mine on while im playing them. Sometimes i drink too much beer and fall asleep on the couch and wake up 6-8 hours later and get pissed at myself.

I'm the exact same way....except I've pissed myself, not pissed at myself.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm the exact same way....except I've pissed myself, not pissed at myself.

Lmao ...funny!

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lmao ...funny!

Well my wife doesn't think so.

Naw I'm just screwing around. She's used to it.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well my wife doesn't think so.
    Naw I'm just screwing around. She's used to it.

Im just amazed that you found someone that is willing to put up with you. Im still trying to figure that one out. You must be rich is the only explanation?

#58 5 years ago

The trick is finding someone that hates idiots as much as you do....it is NOT easy but eventually I got there!

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The trick is finding someone that hates idiots as much as you do....it is NOT easy but eventually I got there!

Shes just telling you that.

#60 5 years ago

I enjoy the look of the room when all my pins and extra atmosphere things are on but I only do that every once in a while when I'm by myself because with 14 pins and LOTS of extra stuff turned on the wheel in my meter only takes 3 seconds to go around once. With my gr turned off the wheel takes 22 seconds to revolve once.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I enjoy the look of the room when all my pins and extra atmosphere things are on but I only do that every once in a while when I'm by myself because with 14 pins and LOTS of extra stuff turned on the wheel in my meter only takes 3 seconds to go around once. With my gr turned off the wheel takes 22 seconds to revolve once.

Paul, you make an interesting point on electrical use.

Does anyone know what an idling pin costs per hour in energy? Let's say a new in box pin with LEDs for example.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

I turn mine on when I play my first game of the day (varies), off at bedtime. I also have Christmas lights (mostly LEDs) around the house year round - they go on at cocktail hour and off at bedtime.

I'm sure the neighbors love that!

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Does anyone know what an idling pin costs per hour in energy?

Depends on what your energy company is charging you.

#64 5 years ago

If you can afford new pinball machines, the electric bill is not something to worry about.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm sure the neighbors love that!

Sorry, more detail, the Christmas lights are INSIDE. Even at Christmas, I have token outside decorations, the vast majority of additional decorations are inside the house. They're my equivalent to beer signs...

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Paul, you make an interesting point on electrical use.
    Does anyone know what an idling pin costs per hour in energy? Let's say a new in box pin with LEDs for example.

Buy a "Kill A Watt" ($25), measure KWH over a few days, look up your price per KWH on your bill and multiply the two numbers. Then move it over to your plasma TV and measure that...
    KAWMP4400-2 (resized).jpgKAWMP4400-2 (resized).jpg

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from cliff_clavin:

If you can afford new pinball machines, the electric bill is not something to worry about.

Easy for you to say with only 1 pin. Just because we may have a lot of pins doesn't mean we're rich.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

Buy a "Kill A Watt"[quoted image]

I have one and it's a real eye opener. Well worth the money.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Easy for you to say with only 1 pin. Just because we may have a lot of pins doesn't mean we're rich.

I have one pin but over 20 vids. My one pin still cost more than any of my vids.

If your pins are 25 years plus and cost a few hundred each, I agree. It very much depends on your collection. If you have even just one game worth $7,000, then to most people, you are rich. Many people live paycheck to paycheck, having a $7000 toy is an impossible dream.

Cheers.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-leave-their-pins-on-when-they-are-not-playing/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.