(Topic ID: 194849)

Does anyone know who this eBay seller is? RESOLVED!

By vdojaq

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abandon-thread.gif
    beating dead horse.gif
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    board 2 (resized).jpg
    board 1 (resized).jpg
    Popcorn (resized).jpg
    gleason (resized).jpg
    abort.gif
    fight (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    board 6 (resized).jpg
    board 4 (resized).jpg
    board 2 (resized).jpg
    board 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#10 6 years ago

I rarely sell on eBay anymore but when I do I make damn sure that I'm particular in my wording. I actually write my descriptions with these post sale nightmare scenarios in mind and would not have used a term like that to describe a board that needs work. Too subjective.

That being said, he does have 100% rating with 2200+ transactions going back to 2002. He clearly doesn't have a history of screwing people. Hopefully he'll make good but then again there's a chance that he'll dig in for a fight. Keep us updated!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I really think you may be reading into this a bit wrong....I never said he needs to GIVE me the board and GIVE me a refund. I said instead of the seller being a DICK, lying to eBay about the corrosion issues(first he says I am making up the corrosion issues, then after I provide pictures to him & eBay he tries to claim that is normal surface corrosion), he could have been cool and OFFERED a deal for a partial refund and keep the board or I send it back for a refund and I, ME, not him, eats all the shipping costs.
    OK, if I did not look at the pictures close enough, that's fair, that's MY fault, not his. But what have I done that is so wrong here? I am asking for a refund because I put my trust in a seller that had 100% feedback and described a board in "overall good condition" that turned out to be in really poor condition. Therer is a fine line between saying something is good or fair, or has issues, but to say something is good when it really is shit, that is a huge discrepancy on the sellers end. He was selling junk. Then on top of that to blatantly lied to eBay? I am making the corrosion issues up? He knew he was selling junk and tried to cover his ass with eBay.
    SO I ask again, what have I really done wrong here? Those of you who are OK with the sellers tactics really need a reality check.

I'm looking at the sale description:

"Here is an original Williams Police Force pinball MPU Board in used and untested condition. You should assume it will need to be trouble shot and repaired. This board appears to be in good overall condition but I have no means to test it. Sale price is for one used board.

As vintage electronic components, this board is being sold in “AS IS” condition with no warranties either expressed or implied. There are no returns on this sale.

Good Luck Bidding!"

Having read the description in full I'm going to side with the seller.

Key wording:
    -used and untested condition (fact, not subject to speculation)
    -you should assume it will need to be trouble shot and repaired
    -APPEARS to be in good overall condition BUT I have no means to test it
    -AS IS
    -No warranties
    -No returns

I don't think I need a "reality check" here. The buyer bought a used, untested board in need of troubleshooting and repair. There is no warranty or return. It's plain as day in black and white. The seller with 100% feedback after 2200 transactions and 15 years on eBay is using zero "tactics."

The buyer bought a broken board for $175. End of story.

#37 6 years ago

Also agree 100%. Ebay is in need of every buyer they can get. They don't give a crap about sellers at all. What they want are a bunch of E-tailors. Amazon lite.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Mods, please lock this up because this will turn into a shit show from here.

Because we don't agree with you.

#42 6 years ago

lol that's great

1 week later
    #64 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am still waiting......where is YOUR evidence?

Let's again review the actual wording from the sale, SHALL WE????:

-"used and untested condition" (fact, not subject to speculation)
    -"you should assume it will need to be trouble shot and repaired" (fair warning by seller)
    -APPEARS to be in good overall condition BUT I have no means to test it (speculative observation with warning that seller has no idea of the working condition)
    -AS IS (means you are purchasing AS IS)
    -No warranties (obviously)
    -No returns (clearly)

Conclusion: You bought an overpriced POS. You admit that you didn't look at the photos well enough.

Get over this "good overall condition" thing that you're hanging your hat on. There are other words AROUND that fragment that complete a full sentence and a clearer picture of what you're buying.

You're right about one thing though. The guy IS selling junk.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Great synopsis! Now please show me where I have been libel?
    Your points:
    - not a fact, because if it was working he would never sell it as is, he knew it didn't work
    - agree and I did
    - disagree, a fully corroded board does NOT appear to be in good overall condition, and makes that statement misleading.
    - AS IS, yep he said it
    - no warranty- I get it
    - No Returns, yeah because he knows he is selling SHIT!
    I can hang my hat on the good condition thing all I want because that is how HE described it.
    That is why I used Paypal protection on this one.

Libel? Where did I mention that?

Good luck to you on your Paypal dispute, bud.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You quoted me asking "where is your evidence" I asked to be proven for libel. You came back with a synopsis of the transaction. There is no proof of libel there.

Ah. I was just quoting the most recent post. Don't care about "libel" and frankly don't care about this entire thread anymore. Why? Because PayPal will find in your favor. Not because you're right. It's because they're a bunch of pansies.

Make sure you report back with all the good news, bud.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

It's not surprising so many people have issues selling on ebay. If the seller had posted "for parts not working" then I would totally be on his side. He didn't. On top of that he described the board as good condition. Sellers know putting "for parts, not working" kills the value of an item, as a lot of people clear it out of their search results. One of my side companies had 4.8 mil go through our eBay account last year, and rarely if ever has an issue. My guys also post 20-30 images in the ad, so there usually is no question of condition. Simple fact is seller threw up 3 shit pics, sweetened up the description, and is frustrated that the buyer is coming back at him. Amazing....play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Remember the auctions for PlayStations that were actually for PlayStation BOXES? Those were classic.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Vdo...
    Life is too short for waging an eternal war against your eBay enemies. At this point it might be time to let this one go.

Freaking Levi the king of confrontation with eternal words of wisdom for the buyer. Big thumbs up.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

We've seen your pics of the board and the picture you took of your mobile device showing the auction item, which is (extremely) lo-res, how about showing us a link to the actual auction so we can see the pictures the seller put up for the item ourselves...

ebay.com link: Williams Police Force Pinball MPU Board Used

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-who-this-ebay-seller-is?tu=underspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.