(Topic ID: 194849)

Does anyone know who this eBay seller is? RESOLVED!

By vdojaq

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abandon-thread.gif
    beating dead horse.gif
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    board 2 (resized).jpg
    board 1 (resized).jpg
    Popcorn (resized).jpg
    gleason (resized).jpg
    abort.gif
    fight (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    board 6 (resized).jpg
    board 4 (resized).jpg
    board 2 (resized).jpg
    board 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#19 6 years ago

We can discuss the description of "good" until we're blue in the face, but that won't get us anywhere. One persons good is another persons poor and another persons excellent.

Quoted from vdojaq:

If he would have came back and offered a partial refund and said keep the board, or send it back and eat the shipping, I would have sucked it up and done so. But no, he has been an absolute tool and makes all sort of false accusations, screw him, I want a full refund. .

So "give me a partial refund and let me keep the board" or "I don't like this, you eat shipping" are the options that are acceptable to you? Remind me to never, ever do business with you. He didn't screw you- the corrosion is VERY evident in those pictures, and it's your own fault for not given the board a better examination before buying it.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

LOL....must be a friend.

I never heard of the guy, but you've got a real chip on your shoulder.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am a bit confused as to why you think I have a chip on my shoulder?

I call you out for a bad decision in buying obviously corroded boards, and wanting the seller to give you a refund AND let you keep the board, and you accuse me of being a friend of his.

It's not his fault you didn't do due diligence before buying.

1 week later
    #58 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Nothing I have claimed is untrue. He is the one lying to Ebay and Paypal.
    This guy is selling JUNK, and he knows it.

It may very well be junk, but he posted clear, high resolution photos that clearly show the corrosion. That you failed to properly examine the photos and then had buyers remorse on an unreturnable item isn't the fault of the seller. Then you come here, and everyone tells you that you need to own your mistake, and you continue to push this narrative that he's somehow lying without showing any evidence of it. Do you have any reason to believe that the board he shipped you is different than the board in the pictures? If not, suck it up and move on... no returns means no returns. You gambled on what you thought was a deal (again, after failing to do your own homework) and you rolled snake eyes. Seller owes you absolutely nothing.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Here is another example, this is a dead Williams 7 digit display for $45 that will need to be diagnosed and repaired. Yeah , it needs a new glass, the board is worth 5 bucks tops and he knows it.

Dude... *I* wouldn't pay that for that board, and you obviously wouldn't either, but he's quite clear on it not likely working. ("You should assume it will need to be trouble shot and repaired."). He could ask a million dollars for it, and if there's someone out there stupid enough to pay that, good for the seller. You don't get to decide what he asks for his goods... you only get to decide if the price is what you're willing to pay for it or not. That's the beauty of capitalism.

Quoted from vdojaq:

He also has no clue what the definition of slander is either.

You're right about that. What you're doing to him isn't slander, it's libel.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

High resolution pictures my ass, another point you have just pulled out of thin air.

I can clearly see the corrosion in the photos. You have admitted that you can clearly see the corrosion in the pictures. How much higher resolution do you want? The seller posted excellent photos, and didn't mislead in the description of the board. You obviously overpaid for the board, but that's a different matter. As I said before, we can argue about what constitutes "good" till we're blue in the face-- it's a subjective term.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I posted pictures of the bad corrosion

"Bad" like "good" is subjective. I have seen and even owned some boards with objectively worse corrosion and acid damage that still worked perfectly. If he doesn't get to decide what constitutes "good", you don't get to decide what constitutes "bad". He didn't try to sell it as a working board, he posted high resolution photos, you just don't like what you got and now you've gone from wanting him to refund 1/2 of your money *and* letting you keep the board to trying to keep the board and get all of the money back.

Quoted from vdojaq:

He lied to Ebay on the claim several times <snip> Now you claim I am libel? PLEASE, PROVE IT!

You just proved it yourself. You disagree with him. That doesn't make him a liar. You've made unfounded accusations for the entire world to see.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I wanted a repairable board, not a corroded out piece of shit.

It appears to me that you have a perfectly repairable board.

Quoted from vdojaq:

So you are good with him asking $45 for a non working display that isn't worth 5 bucks..

I'm fine with him asking $500,000 for it. The market will determine if he's priced it right or not. You seem to fail at basic economics here.

Quoted from vdojaq:

You are the one I really don't ever want to do business with.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual palooka. You've done so much damage to your own reputation with this thread, and you don't even realize it.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I will win the paypal claim hands down.

You'll win, because paypal always sides with the buyer, not because you are right.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Now who is guilty of libel? You are pathetic and making things up. When did I EVER, and I mean EVER, try to keep the board and get a full refund? NEVER! The seller will have the board back in his hands TODAY according to the tracking number. SO go jump in a sewage pond you damn liar.
    Reputation? check, got it!

Shucks, I was only quoting you, and then you go and libel me as well. You're really doing a great job of dirtying your own reputation in the hobby.

Quoted from vdojaq:

His reactions are what really suck. If he would have came back and offered a partial refund and said keep the board, or send it back and eat the shipping, I would have sucked it up and done so. But no, he has been an absolute tool and makes all sort of false accusations, screw him, I want a full refund.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

That said, the seller was CLEARLY trying to hide the extent of the corrosion damage on this board. NO mention of widespread corrosion and no close-up photos.

As I see it, the seller was quite honest about the condition of the board. The pictures show the extensive corrosion, and he wasn't trying to sell it as a working board-- and in fact says in the listing that a buyer should assume it needs repair. The only variable as far as I'm concerned is about the use of the word "good"-- which as already noted, is an inherently subjective term.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You are absolutely pathetic and have no reasonable comprehension skills.

Personal attacks... the last refuge of someone who knows they are on the losing end of an argument.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Never seen someone defend the seller to this extreme, are you related or something?

Not at all. Don't know the guy.

I do however, believe in the sanctity of a contract, which is what OP is trying to break. Having been on the receiving end of what OP it trying to do to the seller (not in pinball), I am sympathetic to what the seller is dealing with.

2 weeks later
    #121 6 years ago

My advice to OP is never to buy anything that isn't brand new in the wrapper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-who-this-ebay-seller-is?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.