(Topic ID: 194849)

Does anyone know who this eBay seller is? RESOLVED!

By vdojaq

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
    beating dead horse.gif
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    board 2 (resized).jpg
    board 1 (resized).jpg
    Popcorn (resized).jpg
    gleason (resized).jpg
    abort.gif
    fight (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    board 6 (resized).jpg
    board 4 (resized).jpg
    board 2 (resized).jpg
    board 1 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago

Maybe I don't work on enough Sys-11s to know what an 'average' corroded board looks like, but in my experience it's been very common to have some corrosion in the battery area, not widespread like this one.

I would have disclosed the extent of the corrosion.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Maybe I don't work on enough Sys-11s to know what an 'average' corroded board looks like, but in my experience it's been very common to have some corrosion in the battery area, not widespread like this one.
    I would have disclosed the extent of the corrosion

Well, then nobody would but it....

#103 2 years ago

I have to agree I would not consider this above average condition for the era, I would not even consider it good. I've seen plenty of good sys 11 boards, this board has been neglected. The claims the seller makes in this regard are laughable at best. The rest is up to debate.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Shucks, I was only quoting you, and then you go and libel me as well. You're really doing a great job of dirtying your own reputation in the hobby.

Again, you skip over my exact question, where did I EVER try to keep the board and get a full refund? The quote shows that I said IF the the seller HAD OFFERED a partial refund and keep the board or offered a full refund and I eat the shipping costs. These were not demands on MY parts. Nor did I ever ask for a full refund and keep the board.

(edited). Keep twisting what I said to meet your personal agenda.

Reputation...it's all here pal.

The dead horse has been beaten!

#105 2 years ago

i met jerry when i volunteered at his shop for a few months when i was first getting in to pinball. while i thought his prices were very high, (basically the retail equivalent of a high-end restoration) the quality was top notch and he was a very knowledgeable individual.

best i can tell, the only disagreement is over the words, "this board appears to be in good overall condition."

to me, the pictures are very clear and this seems like buyer's remorse.

disclaimer: i have no dog in this fight and doubt jerry even remembers me

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You are absolutely pathetic and have no reasonable comprehension skills.

Personal attacks... the last refuge of someone who knows they are on the losing end of an argument.

#107 2 years ago

I'm confused, if this was an auction, couldn't the guy accept the return & just sell it to the 2nd guy with a 2nd chance offer? I mean, why does he need to spend all this time and effort fighting the OP?

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Personal attacks... the last refuge of someone who knows they are on the losing end of an argument.

The art of deflection, I love it. C'mon, keep bringing it. You wanted to accuse me of a 100% falsehood, that's a personal attack. Quit trying to be a victim, that is pathetic, just own up to it man.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Never seen someone defend the seller to this extreme, are you related or something?

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I'm confused, if this was an auction, couldn't the guy accept the return & just sell it to the 2nd guy with a 2nd chance offer? I mean, why does he need to spend all this time and effort fighting the OP?

No, it was an accepted offer through eBay.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Never seen someone defend the seller to this extreme, are you related or something?

Not at all. Don't know the guy.

I do however, believe in the sanctity of a contract, which is what OP is trying to break. Having been on the receiving end of what OP it trying to do to the seller (not in pinball), I am sympathetic to what the seller is dealing with.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread. Super Flite doesn't even have boards.

Getting a little cheeky with your comments?

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Getting a little cheeky with your comments?

I took as "ok, let's move on".

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I took as "ok, let's move on".

Pretty sure op caught that -- just was being clever with his words

#115 2 years ago

This thread did not disappoint. Hope you get your money back

#116 2 years ago

This thread needs to be closed. There is enough negativity here.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

This thread needs to be closed. There is enough negativity here.

Agreed - enough negativity. We may reopen it at OP's request when Paypal makes a decision.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I will only report back when Paypal makes a decision, of which I will live with whichever way they rule.

1 week later
    #118 2 years ago

Issue has been resolved, Paypal issued a 100% refund, including shipping, and the eBay seller has his board back.

#119 2 years ago

Best than can be asked for, now he can sell it to the next customer (sucker)

#120 2 years ago

And we never needed to hear about any of it.

#121 2 years ago

My advice to OP is never to buy anything that isn't brand new in the wrapper.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

That's a bit extreme. I say slow down, don't get so excited. Take a thorough look at everything and if anything looks suspicious ask questions or get better pics.

#123 2 years ago

Resolved....need lock...

abandon-thread.gif

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I had this thread re-opened to report what the final result was to those who knew I was sold a P.O.S..

You obviously have ZERO ethical sense and can go pound sand. You accused me of crap you plainly made up to fit your personal needs.

My advice is for you to go get bent!

#125 2 years ago

Lock this fucking thing back up and throw away the key because you have drsfmd trolling again.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Trust me, I have brought many a bally/stern back to life that others consider basket cases.
    Want it?, $135 shipped and it's yours!

$135 for that piece of shit. I've passed on those boards at shows for $10. That ebay guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, if he thinks that isn't a shit ton of work to fix that.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

guess we know who the ebay seller is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    £ 99.00
    $ 79.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.00
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Hardware
    Tucson Pinball
    $ 199.99
    £ 50.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside