(Topic ID: 197607)

Does anyone know who has the cheapest blades?

By rtotans

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nico
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone know a place that sells the cheapest side cabinet inside blades? I always want to do them, I just didn't want to spend $70 plus dollars. I figured or hoped someone does them for around $40-50? I would definite give repeat multiple sales. I like to change up my pins pretty often, and I like to bling them out a bit. (My hobby, since I got hurt and can no longer play sports. I like to do LED lights and blades, and maybe even more. Also I guess any cheap part places as well. I go through google and go on multiple sites. I rather try and do one company and give them all of my business. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

#2 6 years ago

Blades and other mods that are unique to specific machines tend not to be candidates for much value shopping because they are single-seller only, for the most part. And in many cases they also have no competing product either, let alone competing seller. So if you find bling that you like, you just have to decide whether you can live with the price or are willing to pass.

LEDs, by contrast, are much more widely available from multiple sellers in highly similar varieties. Some people have favorites and/believe there are quality differences. But at least you can find options in that category.

I have bought a lot of LEDs from Pinball Bulbs www.pinballbulbs.com and have been happy with their pricing, product options, and service.

Good luck!

#3 6 years ago

Buy a full size sheet of mirror polished number 8 stainless steel in 0.8mm thickness.

Ask pinside for the mirror blade CAD file which a number of us have access to.

Go to the nearest metalwork place and ask if they can do a deal on cutting if you supply the materials and file.

You will get about 8 sets (pairs) from a standard size sheet of SS equating to about $30 a set cost.

I was originally paying retail prices but all my clients were asking for extra mods with their machine purchases so bought a few sheets of SS and did the above as added extras in the transaction (sold at cost).

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Buy a full size sheet of mirror polished number 8 stainless steel in 0.8mm thickness.
Ask pinside for the mirror blade CAD file which a number of us have access to.
Go to the nearest metalwork place and ask if they can do a deal on cutting if you supply the materials and file.
You will get about 8 sets (pairs) from a standard size sheet of SS equating to about $30 a set cost.
I was originally paying retail prices but all my clients were asking for extra mods with their machine purchases so bought a few sheets of SS and did the above as added extras in the transaction (sold at cost).

Wow, that's great information. Do you buy the mirror at home depot or lowes, or would it be on pinball websites. Is the mirror blade CAD a list of sizes for each pinball machine? Thanks for the valuable info.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

Wow, that's great information. Do you buy the mirror at home depot or lowes, or would it be on pinball websites. Is the mirror blade CAD a list of sizes for each pinball machine? Thanks for the valuable info.

Sorry I should have mentioned I live in Australia.

I'm not sure what range HD or Lowes stocks as we don't have them here so I buy mine from a dedicated industrial local metal supplier but that is what you need to ask for if you are buying a full sized sheet wholesale (#8 mirror polished stainless steel sheet in 0.8mm thickness, anything of a lower grade than number 8 will be cheaper but will have a blurry surface).

If you go this route there is a good chance they will also have access to coloured sets of the above in gold,red,green,blue etc but these usually come at a premium wholesale price and they don't have the same level of mirror reflectivity compared to the standard SS so bear that in mind.

I got the Bally Williams file from another local member here and adjusted the dimensions to fit Stern and DE. With a bit of virtual adjustment you could probably make it fit any model template but those four brands cover 99.9% of my client requests.

#6 6 years ago

Can someone send me the cad file for Stern side mirrors?

Thanks

#7 6 years ago

same here I guess different for WPC or Stern or JJP?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-who-has-the-cheapest-blades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.