(Topic ID: 40626)

Does anyone know where to pick up Translite Warming kits?

By hollywood

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nashua357-2T.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hi.
    I have been looking for these kits and was directed to pinballpal.com
    Unfortunately I was told the owner had suffered a massive stroke (I SINCERELY hope he gets better soon)!! http://pinballpal.com/warming/
    Does anyone know where else these are available??
    Thanks
    Kyle

#2 11 years ago

Huh, that would explain why I didn't get my order...not that that's the worry right now.

Hope he gets better.

#3 11 years ago

Go to Google - type in "fluorescent lamp filters", find something you like and make your own.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

I just changed the complete lamp for a warm white one. Does the trick as well.

#5 11 years ago

Here is the best "kit" out there. Being serious too. Tear strip in half or so and put on front of bulb. Make the strip wider depending on how dark you want it.

Nashua357-2T.jpgNashua357-2T.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Make your own
    The tube guards are available from Loews or Home depot in the flourescent lighting department

#8 11 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm on it!

Quoted from jrivelli:

Here is the best "kit" out there. Being serious too. Tear strip in half or so and put on front of bulb. Make the strip wider depending on how dark you want it.

I love this one!!

#9 11 years ago

I used some window tinting from the local car parts store. It basically dims the translite to the point where there is not nearly as much glare on the playfield glass.

The warming filter from Pinball Pal was the best though. I wish I knew exactly what product he was using. Even better, I wish he would get better and start selling them again!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I use painters masking tape. It is thin enough that a little light comes through it, but it defuses the light nicely.

I have only had two machines where the bright light was a problem, Avengers and Austin Powers.

My South Park came with a plastic tube cover installed, looks factory? It is black on one side and clear on the other. Just sits around the tube.

rd.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I use painters masking tape. It is thin enough that a little light comes through it, but it defuses the light nicely.
    I have only had two machines where the bright light was a problem, Avengers and Austin Powers.
    My South Park came with a plastic tube cover installed, looks factory? It is black on one side and clear on the other. Just sits around the tube.
    rd.

Nice, Im sure it all works! I just use duct tape because it can handle heat just fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-where-to-pick-up-translite-warming-kits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.