(Topic ID: 289565)

Does anyone know where to find cloth covered wire?

By Robo1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

The only place I found that has cloth covered wire is for guitar pick ups, not a whole lot in a pack and a bit expensive due to being a specialty item. Is there another source, or is it just something to take out of a parts machine?

All the best,
    Rob

#3 3 years ago

I wasn't able to find any great substitute for EM wire when I searched -- some for guitar as you mentioned. Best bet is from a parts machine I think.

#4 3 years ago

Antique Electronic Supply in Arizona should have it.

#5 3 years ago

I bought old harnesses from Ebay in the past.

#7 3 years ago

Ive parted out 4-5 games, always save the harness. If there was something specific you wanted I can look in my mess

#8 3 years ago

Stewart MacDonald always has cloth wire

#9 3 years ago

I have 3 scrap wiring harnesses from old machines to use when required. Handy too when you can find the same colour wires to join to another after a hack, etc as it looks more authentic.

#10 3 years ago

Not really looking to steer this away from ROBO1 request- but was wondering while on the subject can anyone advise when /if EM manufacturers transitioned away from cloth covered wires? If at all?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Ive parted out 4-5 games, always save the harness. If there was something specific you wanted I can look in my mess

Nothing actually in particular but I would like certainly a small assortment of colors. One of those things that pops up unexpectedly and I am usually too impatient to search for a specific color, since i had some plain white , I use that. I would prefer though to have at least a similar color, etc.

#12 3 years ago

If diagnosing and fixing problems is any concern to you, matching wire colors is more important than what the insulation is made of.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-where-to-find-cloth-covered-wire?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.