• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

773CCB86-4040-4F05-9E7B-B515D4F8F4C6 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7173 (resized).JPG
DSCN7170 (2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Drove to Pittsburgh today to pick up a Bally EK that was a Professional Pinball conversion. If your unfamiliar with these, see this link:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4987&picno=38228
The guy between the 2 chicks is mirrored so you hopefully see your face in the mirror when playing it. When I picked it up I noticed a face glued to the outside of the backglass. Peeled it off and asked "who is this dude?". Seller had no idea and never realized it. So he's been looking at this guy's mug for the last 10 years every time he played it. I really tried not to laugh my ass off, at least the mask I was wearing hid some of my amusement. I give the guy credit for trimming the pic perfectly to fit the BG.
[quoted image]

Should showed a picture of what it looked like on there.
How on earth didn’t he notice?! Some people are oblivious.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Since you asked I taped it back on the BG. It was cleanly glued on before I tore it off.[quoted image]

Lmfao for a decade the previous owner missed the best gimmick of this conversion kit!!! That’s too damn funny

Imagine his friends probably came over and played and he was like “check it out, THAT guy is the pinball pro!”

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

His wife thought that guy was THE pro pinball player that inspired the whole conversion thing. I calmly explained the process that caused these kits to be sold. She said, "I wish they still made new pinball machines". Paid cash, loaded quickly and got the hell out of there.

Too funny, did you tell them, or did you not wanna risk getting the husband in trouble? Haha, he might buy a new one!

Quoted from tomdrum:

It's going to converted back to a real EK. Hardtop, new BG and a cabinet repaint. If anyone want to be THE pro pinball player, I'm selling the BG. The original "PRO" pic will be included free!

I thought these conversion kits were popular and rare. Why not sell/trade it to someone who has an EK playfield?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I did update them that new pins are available, they were shocked. Sold this cause they're moving to FL.
These kits used the existing EK PF with an overlay and decals to place over the plastics. My seller chose to just rip the overlay off without heat or freeze spray so he basically ruined a PF that had minimal wear in the typical areas. If carefully removed the PF would of been nice.

So this guy knew enough that this was an overlay and he removed it himself yet was not smart enough to do a 5 second google search on new pinball machines or that a random guy was glued on the backglass.

This story gets better and better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-this-guy?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.