(Topic ID: 289233)

Does anyone know the hardware differences for pre-DCS sound boards?

By Ilikewires

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02_fliptronic.jpg
    01_prefliptronic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

A few connections that were used for non-pinball games and some small logic linked to those that exist and were rarely used.
    Biggest changes were the channel mixing resistors - R23 and R24.
    An option to bypass the CPU-controlled volume control and allow wiring of a volume pot mounted beside the coin door.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

I have an Addams Family sound board in my Funhouse. Rudy's speech was much lower than I thought it should be. Turns out that R23 and R24 were not the correct values for the game. After soldering in new resistors of the correct value the problem was solved.
    Great call out of those resistor values Coyote!
    -Paul

Yup, I realized it when I swapped sound boards in my TZ - couldn't figure out why it sounded horrid, until I noticed the differences. They were changed mid-WPC run, give or take.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

The PinWiki documents this.
    https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Unbalanced_Sound
    The manuals also document this although it is not readily apparent without comparison.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

This!
    And note that the two different values given are NOT what is in the WPC Schematics document. So go by the game's manual.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-the-hardware-differences-for-pre-dcs-sound-boards?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.