New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 208403)

Does anyone know the exact name of the paint of Star Wars Pinball.

By rtotans

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sub7vn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Does anyone know the exact name of the blue and red color on the cabinet is called? I need to do some touch ups and don't have the heart to take a chip of the cabinet off to match. This is for a 1992 data east Star wars Pinball. I just got my first star wars. If I can't get it to look good, then I will attempt buying the cabinet decal. Have a great pintastic day.

#2 2 years ago

Sorry to burst your bubble but you can match pinball colors like you would a car. You will have to buy paint and mix it yourself for the best match.

#3 2 years ago

You might want to try Apple Barrel brand satin or gloss acrylic paint. Walmart sells it in 2 oz bottles for about a dollar. I bought 1 bottle of satin primary blue and 1 gloss white,then mixed them to match the paint on my LW3. Looked pretty good.

#4 2 years ago

Even if you could get the paint directly from Data East, it would not match after 30+ years of exposure to who knows what environmental factors. You'll have to color match by mixing.

#5 2 years ago

I ordered some from a company that made touch ups for a lot of the blue games in pinballs a few years back, they were called pinball universe. it matched pretty close.

#6 2 years ago

go to their website, under parts

#7 2 years ago

Thanks I will try.

4 months later
#8 2 years ago

rtotans did you get what you needed there? I have used paint from here for both touch up and broader brushing, and like arcadiusmaximus suggested, there will be some differences in luster. http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm and yes, it's the Star Wars Blue

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
University Place, WA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Saukville, WI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside