Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4958 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5904 (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    IMG_0015 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0023 (resized).JPG
    Spirit on a pallet in California Warehouse. (resized).JPG
    IMG_0014 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
    0fbe0fa3c0843bd3e54db7d396ed133e1a4230a2 (resized).jpg
    e807e3baa3db6dd69ff3e1213fba8df493a069bd (resized).jpg
    dc4f364f2c70e5e72d595dd59c7ad61f6d418a31 (resized).jpg
    f7460f91873803f935cd58b3c341a28dbd514185 (resized).jpg
    63e8d834a9a993f9156cd259b3fae1d27a3a8a3b.jpeg (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Shipped over 500 pins with legs on with STI (formerly NAVL) for decades and had fewer damage claims than I can count on one hand. When done properly (I've posted it here multiple times) it is as safe and economical as you can expect for a big, expensive wooden box full of electronics. Average cost these days is $375.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Roll the dice i say. Im only at 20 ships, what do i know? Heres a picture of pallett jack jammed against front legs and head of pin going bouncy bounce on glass and metal rails all the way home. Dented on arrival.

Cardboard between the head and rails and around the legs would have prevented that. The former should always be done.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Another one^^^^^...2 posts up
    Such a shame bad advice...
    I respect the experience above. However, its not your money, if yould like to ship it in for Op and there's no damage, then charge him only shipping, this would be only reason to do it.
    A lot of guys dont realize that after pick up and a couple guys loading your pin in truck, 2 guys to muscle that thing around. Well at end of day they park truck and new guy gets it following day. Now your pin will not be delivered on that same truck as pick up. Cargo is often unloaded 2 to 3 times at STI depending on distance. More guys muscling your machine around dragging on legs. When on pallet its easier to move into next truck. We have a vision of putting pin on truck and that same truck shows up at house. Does not work that way. Only if under 150 miles.

Of course it's not the same truck and crew. Shipping doesn't work that way. Even if you move your entire household belongings 1000 miles away as I just did...they empty and load multiple times. It's the complicated world of shipping logistics to keep costs down (supposedly). If you want something delivered long distance by the same person/vehicle that loaded it you're either going to need a lot of money or luck. There are some guys here that move games as a side job but there are risks involved there as well. As for games shipped on a pallet, believe it or not I have had a much higher rate of damage that way for one reason: forklifts. And yes they will sometimes use a forklift on games with legs on, but most of the time forklift operators in warehouses have the forks set a foot or so off the ground. If they swing around and hit a pinball leg it's not a big deal...but if they swing around into a palleted pinball it's going through the cardboard (and possibly crate) and hitting the cabinet.

But yes, I agree people should do whatever they are most comfortable with. My input on the matter is backed by 20 years of experience so take it for whatever that's worth.

#23 6 years ago

Double post.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-of-good-movingdelivery-company-for-pinball-games-1?tu=replayryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.