Does Anyone know of companies that repair boards and the going rate.

(Topic ID: 220588)

Does Anyone know of companies that repair boards and the going rate.

By rtotans

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

000 cb sompsons whole back board (resized).jpg
000 cb back side with model number simpsons (resized).jpg
000 cb back side cpu number  (resized).jpg
0000 cb simpsons burnt spots (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

I have a MPU main board that needs desperate help, it's by Data East Simpsons, and maybe for a Williams Cyclone Pinball game. I know a new board CPU for data east Simpsons is $300. What's the going rate for repair? Anyone know of good reparable companies that are fair? Even if I bought a new board, maybe I will send a board for repair to have a back up. My first board is Data East 520-5003-03 cpu 9009008. The Simpsons game played with no problem but when you turned the game on it said memory issue open door. So I tried changing the battery pack, but to no prevail. Where the front burnt spots are, on the front board those things get very hot. Thanks for any insight. Have a pintastic day.

000 cb back side cpu number (resized).jpg000 cb back side with model number simpsons (resized).jpg000 cb sompsons whole back board (resized).jpg0000 cb simpsons burnt spots (resized).jpg

#2 7 months ago

PM two here. Chrishibler and Borygard.

LTG : )

#3 7 months ago

Aardvark was at pintastic with a booth, nice guys. Maybe give them a shot. I want to say they charge $60/hr, but not entirely sure.

#4 7 months ago

SOS, Speedys One Stop is very good also.
http://www.sosrepairservice.com/

Don't know how their prices compare but they are fast..

#5 7 months ago

Send it to Clive and he will fix it 100% and for an awesome price. (I just had my Hook repaired by him and I think it was like $125 (Which is supported by his price list here http://www.coinopcauldron.com/brepairs.html)). Awesome work, fast turn around and a super nice guy.

http://www.coinopcauldron.com/brepairs.html

#6 7 months ago

Thanks everyone. I started contacted some of these guys. If anyone else knows people too, I will take that information as well as anyone wants to sell a board for this and for a Williams Cyclone

#7 7 months ago

I had good service from Jerry Clause. Prices were in line with the above.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tinley Park, IL
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside