New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 86116)

Does anyone know if Addams playfields and plastics will be rerun?

By twinmice

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dsuperbee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

untitled-50.png

#1 6 years ago

Thanks Mike Paris

#2 6 years ago

I'll second this request for playfields...really hard to find.

#3 6 years ago

People will say I am wrong because I am currently selling a TAF pf, but the reality is that IPB has not run TAF pfs in quite a while, the pfs they were recently making were crap, they are now forced into backruptcy and the process will likely hold things up for a long time.

The odds of seeing TAF parts being reproduced has unfortunately gone way down. I got tired of waiting on the IPB "next month" crap and finally bit the bullet and bought a used pf that I had Neo restore to better than new condition (and better than IPB condition for what it s worth as those pfs also need work to be made right and extra clearcoat to be worth doing a swap).

I sure hope someone is able to acquire the rights and make more pfs and plastics as they are needed badly.

If anyone wants to buy by nice pf to get restored, it is much nicer than the one I bought last year and will easily be perfect if a pro does the work.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the note, I was on the IPB list as well and am running out of hope .

#5 6 years ago

I can repair your current one for you and make it look like new. Pm for more details.

Chris Kruger

#6 6 years ago

My current one has a mansion overlay which I'm finding nobody wants to touch . That's why I'm looking for something else. I am thinking I may need to find something that's in better shape then pay to have that restored...

#7 6 years ago

I wonder how much they want for the rights to the parts. Someone should start a kickstarter to put all these games in the public domain so we don't have this problem anymore.

#8 6 years ago

If you do decide to restore route then make sure you go with a reputable PF restorer (Ron, HSA, Neo, HEP, etc...)with a known name, as you don't want some joeschmoe screwing it up. I recently saw a badcats on local clist where the guy clearcoated over the slingshot mylar.

There are some guys out there that can ruin your pf becasue they have no idea how to do the job correctly.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you do decide to restore route then make sure you go with a reputable PF restorer (Ron, HSA, Neo, HEP, etc...)with a known name, as you don't want some joeschmoe screwing it up. I recently saw a badcats on local clist where the guy clearcoated over the slingshot mylar.
There are some guys out there that can ruin your pf becasue they have no idea how to do the job correctly.

I saw that BC too. I was thinking about getting that before seeing that. It is still out there to my knowledge.

#10 6 years ago

Maybe Rick can chime in on this?

#11 6 years ago

If you are looking for a set of TAF plastics, I do have a complete set of new plastics that I'd bought for a restoration which never came to be. I ended up selling my Addams Family, so I won't be needing them.

PM me if you're interested. $155 shipped for the set.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Rick is the only one that can answer this.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Rick is the only one that can answer this.

IPB has the rights so Gene is likely the only one that can chime in?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

If you are looking for a set of TAF plastics, I do have a complete set of new plastics that I'd bought for a restoration which never came to be.

Just to update, the plastic set is spoken for.

#15 6 years ago

Thank you sir, now waiting for someone with some Playfield info (Rick)?

#16 6 years ago

Why do people keep thinking Rick has TAF rights for pfs?

I was pretty sure Gene/ IPB held (and still does hold) the rights for MB, TAF, CFTBL, and 1 other game for pfs and all major art?

I know some of the other guys that have been in the hobby for a long time have posted this when the question came up before.

#17 6 years ago

That's just it, your just pretty sure? Nobody really knows but I'm sure rick could answer the question.

#18 6 years ago

I wouldn't count on it - maybe, but it will be a long time from now. I'm sure it is all caught up in litigation at this point. And the artwork probably won't be handed over not to mention the license will probably expire again...

#19 6 years ago

Pretty sure Mr.Kelly just posted a little while back about this topic?

Go PM some of the people in the know and I am sure they will tell you offline.

Long and short > I have been told (BY PEOPLE ASSOCIATED with IPB) that unfortunatley everything that was being made by IPB is now in limbo for a while till things get sorted out leagally with the court ordered bankruptcy proceedings and worst case senario much of it may not get reproduced again till the estate gets everything in order?

edited to clarify all info I have been given is from IPB. I have never sent a bait email to anyone.

#20 6 years ago

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY if this happens.

#21 6 years ago

EDIT: I pm'd Rick, will update thread with his response, if one is given.

Quoted from twinmice:

Quoted from twinmice:

Thank you sir, now waiting for someone with some Playfield info (Rick)?

Quoted from twinmice:

That's just it, your just pretty sure? Nobody really knows but I'm sure rick could answer the question.

dooood, try contacting them directly and ask for rick. either that or pm him through the site. i bet he doesn't monitor every thread where he potentially has someone looking for a response from him.

Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc

1530 Meridian Ave, Suite 122

San Jose, CA 95125

EMAIL: support@planetarypinball.com

CALL: 408-426-4510

#22 6 years ago

Change the name of the thread to: "I'm making new TAF playfields" and Rick will jump in!

#25 6 years ago

this is why I tend to not answer all these 'bait' emails as you take them and post them ... not proper internet etiquette ...

#26 6 years ago

Here Rick ,here Rick

untitled-50.png
#28 6 years ago

meh. no horse in this race. punt

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

this is why I tend to not answer all these 'bait' emails as you take them and post them ... not proper internet etiquette ...

Since you call it 'bait' it seems that PPS does not have the rights and will not be running TAF pfs or plastics anytime soon. That is a real bummer since they are badly needed!

This is definatley one of the downfalls of the demise of IPB (not like the quality of pfs they were running in the past 2 years were worth buying or that TAF pfs were ever going to actually get made again).

With IPB being pre-occupied with legal proceedings, it seems like now would be a good time for a bootlegger to start making some... Anyone interested?

I have an original pf we can use as a starting point to burn screens, obtain the correct inserts, get accurate color matches, and set up the CNC table. Seems like the hardest part would be finding or manufacturing the correct inserts?

#30 6 years ago

I now factor in the availability of replacement parts before I make a purchase. Addams Family is on the list of games I'm avoiding until parts are more readily available (also, I can't fit one with a topper in my basement).

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

With IPB being pre-occupied with legal proceedings, it seems like now would be a good time for a bootlegger to start making some... Anyone interested?

Hilton ... are you serious ... someone doesn't tell you something and so of course the logical answer is to encourage someone to break the law .... good one. Btw we have wms rights all day long on any of this stuff, but you knew that.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Hilton ... are you serious ... someone doesn't tell you something and so of course the logical answer is to encourage someone to break the law .... good one. Btw we have wms rights all day long on any of this stuff, but you knew that.

Do you have paramount rights too? Plz say yes. Want to give you money for TAF playfield.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Now that was bait brother You took it hook line and sinker.

I thought you figured me out by now. Just having some fun. I have neither the skill nor knowledge to break the law by remaking TAF pfs

For the record, I would NEVER post and personal email on a public forum.

Please figure it out and hire someone to make TAF stuff. Quality pfs and plastics parts are NEEDED!

#34 6 years ago

I guess it's a good thing I got my plastics set and cabinet decal set from IPB before they got hit with Chapter 7.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

I guess it's a good thing I got my plastics set and cabinet decal set from IPB before they got hit with Chapter 7.

I hope you didn't need a calculator to figure that one out .

#37 6 years ago

The Pinball Arcade folks have had similar troubles trying to get rights for AF. Sounds like a nightmare.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

From what I got from Gene years ago, you don't just need WMS, and Paramount rights for TAF, but you need "Charles Addams Trust" rights as well. Apparently the communications between Paramount and the Addams people wasn't good so they are not open to any use of their IP. The Addams Family movies have not yet been released in the US on Blu-Ray for this reason I think. If anyone wants to do this, they will have multiple layers of IP.

I believe you also need rights from Raul Julia's family as well. I seem to recall that being one of the many issues years ago. (Also from a Gene conversation)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside