(Topic ID: 128113)

Does anyone know about the WOZLE that supposedly burned in S. Dakota?

By SadSack

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1667902.jpg
IMG_0367.jpg
image.jpg
Gary_Stern-magnum.jpg
image1.JPG
image.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

WOZ haters have been taking it to far since the beginning , WOZ owners HATE to admit the game did not live up to the hype !

Its lived up to the hype in my book and to many other owners. I haven't had an issue with my game since I received it in November 2013. For games in the $7500 range it blows everything else out of the water. It has super deep complete code and a lot of features that actually justify the $7500 price tag unlike many Stern LE's.

Stern is still charging $7500 for LEs that don't even come with a ColorDMD, no invisiglass / PDI type glass, no shaker motor, an inferior powder coat and leaves you waiting two years for complete code....that's ridiculous. Stern is making fun games but at some point the price tag needs to be justified with additional hardware and features.

JJP brought the fully loaded pinball machine back with WOZ.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its lived up to the hype in my book and to many other owners. I haven't had an issue with my game since I received it in November 2013. For games in the $7500 range it blows everything else out of the water. It has super deep complete code and a lot of features that actually justify the $7500 price tag unlike many Stern LE's. Stern is still charging $7500 for LEs that don't even come with a ColorDMD, no invisiglass / PDI type glass, no shaker motor, an inferior powder coat and leaves you waiting two years for complete code....that's ridiculous. JJP brought the fully loaded pinball machine back with WOZ.

Valid

end of line

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its lived up to the hype in my book

I lived up to you before you even played it .Sorry Tank, you have no credibility when it comes to Woz!

I went to the PHOF yesterday and a little older lady walked up to WOZ and looked at it for a minute then put her money in ST premium and played it. WOZ was lonely as usual at the PHOF. True story.

#54 8 years ago

And that my friends is exactly why I am a Bally/Williams/JJP "fanboy."

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I lived up to you before you even played it .Sorry Tank, you have no credibility when it comes to Woz!
I went to the PHOF yesterday and a little older lady walked up to WOZ and looked at it for a minute then put her money in ST premium and played it. WOZ was lonely as usual at the PHOF. True story.

According to most ops, WOZ out earns anything else they have....

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its lived up to the hype in my book

That was a low bar to achieve . I keed, I keed...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For games in the $7500 range it blows everything else out of the water. It has super deep complete code and a lot of features that actually justify the $7500 price tag unlike many Stern LE's.
Stern is still charging $7500 for LEs that don't even come with a ColorDMD, no invisiglass / PDI type glass, no shaker motor, an inferior powder coat and leaves you waiting two years for complete code....that's ridiculous. Stern is making fun games but at some point the price tag needs to be justified with additional hardware and features.
JJP brought the fully loaded pinball machine back with WOZ.

I agree with some of this.

However, your argument about Stern taking 2 years to complete code is moot when comparing to WoZ since it took twice that long to deliver a game.... and even early WoZ's weren't code complete, were they? Regardless, lets call that topic a TIE. Both parties need to do better...MUCH better.

However, regarding "what you get for your money" - I agree with you. Now, the whole is more than the sum of its toys when it comes to pinball, but, but even I can look at it compared to a Stern Premium and see a big delta (that favors JJP).

But that "savings" you get when you buy a JJP vs a Stern LE still comes at a pretty huge "cost." Time.

Many people would rather pay more $$$$ (and/or get less toys) to not have to wait 2-4 YEARS for their game.

When/if JJP ever gets to the point when they can release a game, THEN ask for money when its ready to SHIP, then look-out Stern.... the game will have changed.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

According to most ops, WOZ out earns anything else they have....

It was the lowest earner at my location. Possibly due to it blowing light boards every second day, replacing them, then having more blow, replacing them, then having more blow, replacing them ... then it left.

AC/DC Premium has been and still is my best earner.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

According to most ops, WOZ out earns anything else they have

Sure it does.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Another insult by the one of the top WOZ haters, lol. Go figure. I have credibility as an owner of the machine, as someone who has followed the development process, has talked to Jack and Butch as well as a JJP distributor multiple times, called JJP, and gave feedback for almost every code update on the JJP forum.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Inertia, plain and simple....Pinball machines should look a certain way...so to the casual player, the simplified or older more readily identifiable game is going to be played over the new fangled appearingly complicated game sitting next to it. Whereas seasoned pinheads are up to the challenge of trying something new, but also invariably gravitate back to their comfort zone and what feels right. SS games went through this from the EM era and DMD games did the same from SS. We all know how Pin2K was received. Once more machines are on location and the LCD becomes the norm then it won't seem so foreign and will be more readily accepted. I don't think in any way is it a testimony to how good a game WOZ is or isn't based on how popular it is on route.

#61 8 years ago

I typical reaction from the WOZ haters when someone compliments WOZ or says it's earning well. Ok I'm done, haha.

#62 8 years ago

When was this machine built?
(the sticker for the board is November 5, 2013, so we assume is was on or after then)

When was it put in service?

How many hours of operation has it been turned on?
(we can assume a movie theaters is open 7 days a week, and closes near midnight)

Was this board re-designed after this unit was made?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

So your girlfriend doesn't like WOZ. Big surprise.

#64 8 years ago
Okay, I understand the impracticality of getting it actually UL "Listed". So, I will ask the other poster's question in another way: Is the game tested using UL22?

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are a sadsack.

I really don't mind your insults. You are just jealous because I was right when I came to the conclusion you were ripped off by JPOP/SKITB half a year before you realized you lost your money.

Internet cheerleaders really don't impact me in any way, but I know it's nice to join a little pile-on club of psychophants. This has nothing to do with the brand of the machine. What it has to do with is whether a machine can spontaneously combust or whether the failure was contained. It appears that the failure was contained and that was my real question.

Now go about your clique self-promotions.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

When was this machine built?
(the sticker for the board is November 5, 2013, so we assume is was on or after then)
When was it put in service?
How many hours of operation has it been turned on?
(we can assume a movie theaters is open 7 days a week, and closes near midnight)
Was this board re-designed after this unit was made?

Why are you interrupting a classic JJP fan/hater battle with honest, genuine questions that really matter? You must enjoy being on the wrong end of personal attacks just like me.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

WOZ haters have been taking it to far since the beginning , WOZ owners HATE to admit the game did not live up to the hype !

Don't you ever get tired of seeing yourself post the same crap over and over? Because we do.

#68 8 years ago

Any game is capable of a transistor or something burning up on the MPU, and if it smokes, yeah it could make the whole inside of the case black from the soot. Looks worse than it is, i'm sure. Once it blew a fuse/cut the power going to it, it wouldn't have anything much to burn on the PCB, inside the cage, unless it got hot enough to catch the cabinet on fire and that's a real longshot. Similar risk with about any appliance...

#69 8 years ago

during school the theatre's first show started at 4p last show would have been 9pm mon thru thursday..fridays and sat. noon to midnight. so we'll say 7 hrs a day 5 days a week (30) plus 12 each for fri and sat, = 52 hours a week. I first played it and posted on FB that it was there on jan 9, so 30 weeks

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Don't you ever get tired of seeing yourself post the same crap over and over? Because we do

Seriously ? LMAO !

#71 8 years ago

I had a similar issue with a Williams pin last year (and with a Data East before that, come to think of it). It's amazing how much odor a small meltdown can generate. The damage was minimal, but I imagine someone who didn't know better would have thought the problem a lot bigger than it actually was.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I had a similar issue with a Williams pin last year (and with a Data East before that, come to think of it). It's amazing how much odor a small meltdown can generate. The damage was minimal, but I imagine someone who didn't know better would have thought the problem a lot bigger than it actually was.

I had a coil melt in one of my wms machines. With the amount of smoke coming out I really thought it might have been on fire. And it does stink like hell for a while after.

#73 8 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-about-the-wozle-that-supposedly-burned-in-s-dakota/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.