(Topic ID: 239552)

Does anyone here operate Golden Tee Live?

By PinBackpacker

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Greetings.
    I have a friend that owns a brewpub and is interested in having me operate a Golden Tee there. For those of you that operate them do you use the Live version? I understand you need to pay 20% of the drop to Incredible Technologies? Do they earn well? I know that these things are very location dependent, but it's a large upfront investment and just want to get some opinions on if it's worth it.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Chris

It can be hard to turn a descent profit unless you have a following at your location.

I had one location where I was making maybe 20-30 bucks a week between 2 machines after a 50/50 split. (not good, I pulled them after 9 months)

I make waaay more then that at my main location, it's just really competitive with operators at different locations. Like who is giving back the most on op gift cards, what prices you have your games set at etc... even after all that golden tee takes their cut and you also have to update your cabinets every year and it isn't cheap. Also computers will need to be updated eventually, it's not like pinball.

So yeah, I would check the Live wire map and see if there are other locations around first and see how they have their stuff set up. If you wind up doing it make sure you will be able to get the cabinet paid off in 2-3 years. Adjust your percentage to make that happen. If your friend is cool with that, then go for it.

Compared to pinball they are 10X easier to maintain. I clean the balls off with a drill buffer every week and clean the buttons out monthly, that's pretty much it. Might be a big issue here or there, but they are pretty easy overall.

in answer to your main questions, no it's not 20% it's .35 cents for most games. Other fees like updates, CC fees, Sprint fees (if you don't use LAN),
    Yes use the live version, otherwise they won't be able to do the contest and stuff.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

GT Live is a dead game unless you already have a big following. .

I wouldn't say that so much, just do your research. Followings can be built, it just takes a lot of time. Usually you will need at least two to gain that following. Even at that unless it's a high traffic location it still might not work.
    It's not so much the fees or anything that suck, its the Operator gift cards that take the biggest chunk out of the earnings. last month alone I gave back close to 2k in gift cards. Gift cards are eared based on how many rounds someone plays.
    I do
    .25 = 30-50 rounds
    .50 = 51- 75 rounds
    1.00 = 76-100 rounds
    1.50 = 101-200 rounds
    2.00 = 200 and up
    luckily I only have 3 people that hit the 200 and up, I make almost no money at that point. Plus on top of that all my games are $1 cheaper then the default pricing. Like I was saying it's really competitive here in Houston. Maybe you won't have to do any of that IDK.

Updates vary depending on your machine count, you get a discount if you have more machines. I only have 6 right now and pay 4300 a year
    1-2 = 799
    3-9 = 699
    10-19 = 649
    20-29 = 599
    30-39 = 549
    40 plus = 499

If you can fix a pin these aren't a problem, plus IT has pretty good tech support. Unlike other companies I've dealt with.
    there is a reason you see these machines in every bar, but they might not work for everyone and every location.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-operate-golden-tee-live?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.