(Topic ID: 87129)

Does anyone here have NO pinball machines?

By jrpinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinDDR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

I don't own any machines. Here in Seattle we are lucky to have dozens of well maintained machines on location. I just don't have the money as a college student to buy any games. If I could, I would buy a couple of the really fun early Bally SS games like Flash Gordon, Skateball, and Frontier. Otherwise, I can pretty much play any WPC or Stern I want somewhere in town. As a tournament player, I more or less have played every good game out there to death so my desire to own a modern game is fairly limited. There is something special about the feeling of making a trip to a location and running into some of your pinball friends there, too. What money I do have usually goes towards traveling to pinball shows and tournaments, anyway. Those are more valuable to me than owning a single game or two. With the games that we have on location in town, I probably manage to play more pinball than most of the people on this site, even the ones who have awesome collections.

I have thought about buying one DMD game and trading it for a new game every two months or so, just to fill in the cracks in my game knowledge. However, I've never actually gone through with that plan as I am not really sure that I want the distraction of having a game at home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinDDR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-have-no-pinball-machines?tu=KevinDDR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.