(Topic ID: 87129)

Does anyone here have NO pinball machines?

By jrpinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from realroadrage:

I must be rarer than the 0 game owner, as I bought my first pin last year and have held tight at 1. OK, it's possible I have been looking for machine 2 recently, though.

you won't be a 1 game owner for long...

others have said it, but to reinforce...

i started with a single project machine... i wanted something to play while i brought that back to life, so i bought a "good" machine to play... then another one i wanted came up... then another... then another project that was too good to pass up for the price... then my wife specifically requested a machine, and being the good husband that i am, i had to make her happy and get that...

and so on...

the hard part isn't buying them (although finding them can be challenging)... the hard part is letting them go... i really should sell at least one, but i can't make myself do it...

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

the hard part isn't buying them (although finding them can be challenging)... the hard part is letting them go... i really should sell at least one, but i can't make myself do it...

So true. I regret selling some of the games I let go, but my main problem is space. It's nice though to offset the cost of games you buy by selling games as well. Weren't you selling your "4 Square"? Is it sold already or still on the block? Just asking.

#53 10 years ago

Pinball machines are like divorces, DUI's and tattoos - nobody gets just one! It's zero or 10!

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

So true. I regret selling some of the games I let go, but my main problem is space. It's nice though to offset the cost of games you buy by selling games as well. Weren't you selling your "4 Square"? Is it sold already or still on the block? Just asking.

yea, space IS the problem... and it doesn't really help that my gameroom is also where i work on them (and it is a complete disaster right now with the magic city disemboweled)... i'm in the process of carving out room for 2 more, but after that, i'm full, unless i move... i'd rather it be this way though, it beats having space but not money to fill it...

ask away... yup, "4 square" is for sale... i'm just not a motivated seller and haven't bothered to bump the ad... plus it is my best friend's favorite machine, he won't be happy with me when/if it goes...

i once got frustrated enough while chasing all the gremlins out of the "royal guard" that i put it up for sale in a fit of pique... glad i came to my senses on that one...

and i'd sell the "bad cats" if someone wanted to pay me more than it is worth... that one "belongs" to swmbo, and even though she rarely plays it, she likes to look at it... so when that goes, i'm likely to be bunking on the couch for a few days...

i don't think i'm alone, i don't think many of us really like to part with our toys... it probably (hopefully) becomes easier after you have been in the hobby for many years... i got my first a little over a year ago and i'm still firmly entrenched in the "i've got my OWN pinball machines, JUST like i dreamed of as a kid!!!" phase, so i'm still emotionally attached to them...

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Pinball machines are like divorces, DUI's and tattoos - nobody gets just one! It's zero or 10!

I have been 0 on all 3 counts.

Ken

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

speaking of. i need a new tattoo

--Jeff

#57 10 years ago

I was a member here for quite a while before I got my first game (hence my name). I have always had the sickness. You all are just my enablers.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have been 0 on all 3 counts (divorces, DUIs and tattoos).

Well, aren't you the goody two-shoes. (There's an old expression for you. And does it imply that someone who is not as good only gets to wear one shoe? Everyone check your feet now and see how good you are!)

Quoted from futurepinhead:

I was a member here for a while before I got my first game (hence my name).

I wouldn't let anyone call me a pinhead. Especially if I didn't own any pinball machines. It has a different connotation outside our hobby.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Well, aren't you the goody two-shoes. (There's an old expression for you. And does it imply that someone who is not as good only gets to wear one shoe? Everyone check your feet now and see how good you are!)

Adam Ant would like a word

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

OK, I Drink, Don't Smoke.

Ken

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

» YouTube video

Didn't he get arrested for hurling an alternator though a restaurant window or something? That was many years ago, but I thought I remembered hearing something like that (or was it a bizarre dream I had?).

#62 10 years ago

I admit I have NO pinball machines in our new home we have not bought yet, but if someone wishes to donate one or more out of sympathy you may contact me and I will give you a temporary address you can ship them to.

Ken

#63 10 years ago

If there's a sympathy list, you'll have to get in line behind me Ken

2 months later
    #64 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

He said at this time... so in another time he had/will.

yup got 3 now!

#65 9 years ago

I don't have a pin. My first one will be what I am custom building. And yes it makes it incredibly hard without having any reference.

#66 9 years ago

Don't currently own a pin, but have had two in the past (SS Mata Hari and a Fire-Cracker). Have an empty Stern video game cabinet I'm putting a 60 in 1 into, and a Jarte Spectre cocktail table that I need to fix / restore when I have time. Blew an opportunity to buy an non working, but nice looking Eightball two years ago for $300.00, but didn't have room for it.

#67 9 years ago

I wish there were enough out there AND they were all maintained well. Then, I would have none.

Go out for a beer with friends, play a bunch of rounds, and let someone else fix all the shit you break. Anyone living by one of the few places like this left is lucky.

#68 9 years ago

I was on here for a year without a pin. Bought my first one a few months back, and then 2 months later I bought my second. My wife is not happy so I am trying to wait another year before I mention getting another.

#69 9 years ago

I'm also a non owner, but man I love playing pinball...Have Pinball arcade on PS3 and PS4 to kind of tie me over. I know its not the real deal, but pretty damn fun to play anyways.

I'm getting new flooring (some hardwood and carpet) in the entire house here soon after 22 years of ownership. I'm basically converting a dining room (that I havent eaten 1 crumb of food in) into like a 2nd den. Fairly sized nice room for this project. Which means there is room available for a couple of more additions. LOL When the flooring job gets done, then It will be time to start looking for Pin #1.

I will eith go with a Metallica Pro or AC/DC Pro. My flooring upgrade budget has a little extra side cash built in for the purchase.

So today I'm also getting ready to head to Atlanta for the Southern Fried Show. This will also be my first convention and I'm pretty stoked about getting down there this afternoon.

After visiting Flippers in Grandy, NC a few months back. I told myself you need to get yourself a game or 2. So thats the vision, the plan, the goal.

Of course I've being reading Pinside here for the plast 6 months or so. So much help and assistance here, which is really appreciated for us new potential owners.

DD

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinJimNC:

I was on here for a year without a pin. Bought my first one a few months back, and then 2 months later I bought my second. My wife is not happy so I am trying to wait another year before I mention getting another.

i can definately relate to this.

#71 9 years ago

I could fit more pinnies into the mancave if i got rid of my Daytona twin and Manx twin machines and a few other arcade machines, but apart from the fact i LUV my Daytona, etc (not quite to the point of sleeping with it ), it's nice to have variety at the end of the day. If you have room, and some extra cash then GO FOR IT !! A small word of warning, it can be highly addictive

#72 9 years ago

I unfortunately am also in the NO-PIN club. Growing up my parents had a home model pin called Destruction Derby(can't find it in the archive here on pinside). It was funny because my father, never to spend money on something he couldn't fix himself, never kept it good shape. Just because he could have fixed it doesn't mean it was a priority. I remember the ball becoming magnetized (guessing because that game actually had the ball act as a conduit for switches) and having it get stuck on the pop bumpers and other metal pieces in the game. Then having to shake the machine to get it to drop, only to have it go into tilt

Now recently I have been playing Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade. If anyone is looking to stock up now is the time, with the Steam Summer Sale going on with tables discounted. Looking to try out more live machines and have found a couple bars around me that have a good selection that I plan on taking my girlfriend to.

Right now I would only have room for one game, girlfriend even thinks its a good idea. So as it stands right now the top of the list for me would be:

1) Abra Ca Dabra
    2) Theatre of Magic
    3) 4 Million B.C.
    4) A virtual pinball machine (keyboard and computer monitor can only get you so far)

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

I unfortunately am also in the NO-PIN club. Growing up my parents had a home model pin called Destruction Derby(can't find it in the archive here on pinside).

This one perhaps?
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4891

#75 9 years ago

I don't have a pinball machine.....I just repair them.
    So for test I can play

I owned a Scared stiff for a while, but had to move to an other town so I sold it.

#76 9 years ago

I currently only have a WCS. I had two for a little while before I sold my JP (didn't care much for it). I'd love another some someday but $ and space are my constraints. I have 18 video arcade games, and at some point a few of those may make way for another pin.

#77 9 years ago

My wife claims to have no pins, especially if anyone asks.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-have-no-pinball-machines/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.