(Topic ID: 14521)

Does anyone here buy pins 'retail'

By tonymiddendorf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c1sCa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

1) I was stupid and overpaid to a local guy that was obviously not a part of the community because he WAY overcharged a naive new buyer

I think that this has almost as much to do with rising pin prices as anything, especially considering how many new people appear to be getting into this hobby.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I guess my message is this, Pinball has moved from being a hobbyist endeavor to a business venture.

It seems that there have always been both components involved. With the recent increase in demand, I think there has been a similar rise in the number of people who sell pins purely for profit.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Honestly I prefer the flippers to the hoarders.

I was not making any particular negative aspersions one way or the other, but my comments didn't have anything to do with "hoarders".

I've bought several pins from a "flipper" as many would call him and I will continue to do so if I can't locate a better deal. It should be noted that a better deal involves a lot more than just the lowest price, and the service and support that I get means a lot as well. It's all about developing relationships and knowing who you respect and can trust. Some people don't care about that. They think that *any* "flipper" is born of the devil himself, which is ridiculous.

That said, I *do* know flippers that I have absolutely zero respect for and will call them out whenever given the opportunity. These are the dishonest morons who don't know crap about pinball, hold themselves out as just a fellow "collector", and misrepresent the pins that they sell.

#47 12 years ago

WTF are you talking about?

You bought your one and only pin from a Retailer!

#51 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

RobT said:WTF are you talking about?
    You bought your one and only pin from a Retailer!

OK RobT, what I meant to say was mostly no for retail unless the price seems to be OK. I paid $3800 for my HUO TSPP and I don't regret it. Pat Choy is a very nice guy BTW.

You probably could have mentioned that in your original post, instead of saying "BIG no!" don't you think?

Your response seemed to imply that you would never buy from a retailer, and that was a false impression.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-buy-pins-retail?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.