(Topic ID: 14521)

Does anyone here buy pins 'retail'

By tonymiddendorf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c1sCa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

... I love the people on *here* that buy retail and expect to recoup not only what they paid but the gas or shipping as well.

That flat-out won't happen unless it's one of those "crude oil" games like MM, AFM, SS, or MB that will jump another couple hundred by this summer... if someone pays retail and wants to sell, they are probably going to go into the red.

Quoted from JWS64:

tomdotcom said:The game will be working 100% from a retailer?? That is not 100% true at all...maybe sometimes yes, but not 100%
    Lots of retailers sell crap, and are full of shit, like a used car salesman.
    There are lots of good ones too, but you don't fool me in saying that the games will be exactly as they say :/
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR!
    Read those words, and keep them close to your heart, and wallet next time you think about buying retail.
    I had a used car salesman retail experience with my first pin. From that purchase I learned alot about what to do and what not to do when buying and dealing with a retail seller.

Absolutely and totally agree with you in every since of the word. Two guys here in Dayton - man - you better run if you even SEE their store names.... not going to post them because I really don't feel like being sued for "slander" , but let's just say this:

1. First guy sold me my first JP for $2200 when it should have been more like $1200 for the condition it was in...

2. Second guy tried to sell me a HS2 for $3000....$3000 - man, I laugh just looking at it...and what I loved is here is how this went. Back in Feb, he knew I wanted JP more than any other machine so it was going to end up being "around $2700-$3000", then he told me he got both HS2 and JP in ...now I had JUST gotten rid of that hideous frankenstein JP junker, and so I wanted to switch gears and go with HS2. Before he knew that, he quoted me that JP would be "around $2700-$3000 and HS2 will be more on the lower end of 'Your price bracket, J, of $2000 - $3000'"...so when I get there and look at both machines and express to him I'm more interested in HS2...dude RIGHT THERE he starts going into "ALL THE WORK" that went into restoring HS2 and the prices literally were swapped right in front of me... To say the very least I walked right out of there...

Some BS right there, and I have banned local Dayton retailers for life after that lil "bait n' switch" tactic...even TRY to burn me like that and you're done in my book...

Some retailers who have a good reputation via word of mouth - I will at least call, talk to, and consider...but locally that bridge wasn't burned - it was NUKED.

Pinball retailers that try to rape me financially are right up there with gas prices, crude oil, and car insurance...but those are other stories...

*breathes a bit* Life is good

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

NewPinOwner said:and car insurance
    Hey, Ouch man!

Explains how you afford 9 pins if you're a car insurance salesman .

Just kidding - no offense meant, brother!

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

kwiKimart said:BIG No!!

WTF are you talking about?
    You bought your one and only pin from a Retailer!

*gets popcorn ready* here we go...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-buy-pins-retail?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.