(Topic ID: 14521)

Does anyone here buy pins 'retail'

By tonymiddendorf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c1sCa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

tomdotcom said:A little extra??? Hahah, thats the problem, they are usually at least 1000 dollars overpriced, alot of times even 2000 or more over price. So that is a big N O
    Interesting.
    In my monitoring 'price check' posts and for sale items here and on RGP, then comparing them to the largest retail operation here in MN, I typically see a 20%-30% price bump for retail.
    So, a $1,000 DMD on Pinside would be a $1,200-1,300 at the retailer and a $5,000 DMD on Pinside would be $6,000-6,500 at the retailer. I'm sure all retailers have MUCH different business models however.

When you go to AL your gonna pay more. Luckily Aaron is a pretty good tech. BUT...AL dictates how much time Aaron spends on games. But you price hike is about right. When you get to know Al better you will realize you can walk into his place cash in hand and say whats in....."BACK" Al gets allot of tire kickers.

John at pinball plus is a nice fellow his stuff is more "Routed" so to speak than Al but still deals can be had from him. Once you dig in with the locals you will see allot of the MN guys are HIGH end collectors. There are lots of others as well. The circle is small but games do change hands at good prices around here.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

tonymiddendorf said:WHOA!!!
    Yeah, our guy here in MN is WAY more reasonable than that.
    I'm going from memory here, but I've seen some of these titles at his location:
    DE Simpsons - 1900?
    street fighter 2 - 1300
    World Poker Tour - 2900?
    WCS94 - 1900?
    Sounds about right.. I remember seeing SOME of those. I DO recall these:
    FT in great shape for 2395
    HUO TSSP for 4395
    TSSP in good shape 3295
    Not horrible on pricing.. you pay for the "friendly" service... Actually you pay for Aaron and Al to clean em up and get em running 100%. And I think they offer a warranty.
    -j

One thing that sucks major about AL's the cigar smoke eats into everything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-buy-pins-retail?tu=akumazeto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.